Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Hypnoticalec

The afterlife worries me...

Is there an afterlife? and why? I just want to disappear when I pass away.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Master
I would imagine it's not the afterlife that truly worries you, but unresolved feelings/emotions from this life...
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM
TesseLated

Everyone dies...inevitable, of course...so don't worry your mind about it. Do the best you can here and now. That is all we can do. Live. Don't project into the future.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Megamedes

I think there are many layers to this answer. Personally I do not believe in the afterlife as a physical place, I more see it as a pool of endless dreams. I also have a place within all of this I call the sea of forgotten memories, here we can drift without any conscious disturbance; just be left alone for the ages to drift by us if needed. If I should put an image on it I kind of think of the words of Gandalf the White: "Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time". Personally I look forward to one day drift into serenity and get born anew.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamedes
I think there are many layers to this answer. Personally I do not believe in the afterlife as a physical place, I more see it as a pool of endless dreams. I also have a place within all of this I call the sea of forgotten memories, here we can drift without any conscious disturbance; just be left alone for the ages to drift by us if needed. If I should put an image on it I kind of think of the words of Gandalf the White: "Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time". Personally I look forward to one day drift into serenity and get born anew.
I've experienced the forgotten memories, and mine are NOT good. And do you want to be reborn in this world? it's pretty messed up..
Old 11-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
I've experienced the forgotten memories, and mine are NOT good. And do you want to be reborn in this world? it's pretty messed up..

You cannot experience something that is forgotten. The point of what I talked about is that you float in a place where you are free of thought, free of attachment. You just simply float aimlessly around at peace.

I wish to be reborn all together; pure of spirit, pure of heart. And yes then I will love to enter this world again experiencing everything fresh and new.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:04 AM
Master

Read, read, read about the afterlife. Now-a-days there are tons of books about what happens after we die. This information will give you peace on the afterlife and where you will go after you die.

Your spirit guides will lead you to the books you need to read.

If you don't want to read then you will stew in your own fears.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Knower
Sleep and dreams are transitions from wakefulness and the daylight of being. The interpretations of dreams carry symbolic meaning which creates a path for awakening at day from the delusion of attachment to objects of desire. Dreams carry symbolic metaphor on each and every path for enlightened awareness.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
Who says that there is just this world?
I feel that this is a pretty narrow way of thought. There must be more than just this world.... :)
But I would caution against wanting to disappear after this.
This is a choice that we may in fact have.
At any rate, if so, you may want to be absolutely certain of what you really want.
Just my penny's worth.... ;)
Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Suspended

Have a look at this book. It's by a man who has been leaving jis body for 40+ years in a conscious state and he describes the different worlds that exist after death. Some might say he's been hallucinating for 40 years but that would be ridiculous IMO.

Multidimensional Man by jurgen ziewe:
Quote:
After hundreds of excursions out of my body with the mind awake, I have been forced to come to the conclusion that we live in a multi-dimensional universe, one which expands far beyond what we can see with our physical eyes - a world which is grander, more magnificent and which reaches far beyond the realms of imagination. A world where we can talk to the `dead', relive our past lives as if it they were happening right now, where our consciousness can expand to merge with the very essence of its origin. A world, whose substance and nuclear matter is so fine and subtle that it can instantly be moulded into anything we desire.