Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 07-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Experiencer
A few questions about tarot cards..

Hello. I am hoping this is the correct section for this. About a month ago I brought a tarot app off the Google play store. Called "Galaxy Tarot pro" I've been using it here and there and I have it set up to give me a card of the day at 8AM everyday. The cards of the day.. have been spot on about 90 percent. But mostly they are giving after thoughts, or advice/suggestions on events that happen the day before.

Like for instance lastnight a person that I assumed was my friend that I was starting to get close to in a romantic way just stopped talking to me without even a reason why. and it stinks. It made me sad, a little emotional that I allowed myself to release it by crying. Anyway, the following day (today) I get this card for my "card of the day"

Three of swords
loss,sorrow,betrayal,necessary sacrifice

Todays message:
Something in your life is harmful and you know it,Today is the time to let it go. Its going to hurt but the release is also going to create beautiful space for something better. The sooner you can let go, the sooner you'll be able to heal.

Interaption:
The three of swords in a reading indicates some sort of difficult loss. Whether it is the end of a relationship, the loss of trust, due to betrayal, rejection, losing your job, the end of some sort of ailment through surgery, or letting go of some sort of way of thinking that has ceased to be useful, the loss will not be easy however, this release will make room for further growth and maturity. It is difficult to be optimistic when we are in pain, but pain is a strong motivator to change, when you feel pain, and do something to fix it. you go.
Obviously I am going to take this advice cause I feel that it might be my guides/higher self speaking to me through this, especially since this card uses the word betrayal so hugely. thats exactly How i feel.

My question How accurate precise are these tarot apps, and because it seems just by a months time that the cards I get seems to be resonating with me. Does that mean that I might be good at working with a real tarot deck ? I guess i'm asking does anyone think I could be in tuned with them more than I might think? Also do you have any decks to recommend? or even websites/youtube videos that would teach how to properly use them/handle them.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:09 PM
55Degrees

Apps work perfectly fine, I use them myself as well as physical decks. Tarot is tarot. If you're feeling you can read with apps, you can read with 'real decks'.

Youtube?
Kelly-Ann Maddox has a trainee tarot course (look in her playlist)
The Truth in Story does lovely deck walk throughs and offers tips

Theresa Reid aka The tarot lady is a great blog.

For some reason a lot of people use Biddy Tarot.

Aeclectic Tarot is a huge learning forum with an extensive deck gallery, which means you get a good look at a number of cards from the decks and most have reviews.

As for a beginner deck, it depends what you're drawn to. There are hundreds of books available for the Rider Waite Smith based cards, so most people start with that deck, but maaaaan is it ugly.
Gilded Tarot, Llewellyn Tarot, the Robin Wood and the Morgan Greer are good basic starting decks but everybody is different, it just depends what art speaks to you.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Experiencer
Thank you Pices_moon. After work today I will start looking into these :)
Old 10-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Master

I also use apps, they're good and super-convenient when travelling!
Old 10-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Experiencer
Thank you :) I've been learning alot frnthe YouTube videos of Kelly Ann so far!