Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 07-01-2021, 07:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Same to you, Miss H, and thanks for starting the thread

I agree wholeheartedly. This thread started by Miss Hepburn has been a cool source of hitherto unknown superb quotes and insights for me.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations . . . The quotations when engraved upon the memory give you good thoughts. ~ Winston Churchill

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 07-01-2021, 04:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

“All condemnation of others really condemns ourselves. Adjust the microcosm which is in your power to do, and the macrocosm will adjust itself for you.” ~ Swami Vivekananda
Old 18-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Master
'"Realizing" truth is a process because of how much we resist things, and complete realization is a heart-body-mind-spirit knowing; it's not just an intellectual understanding.' - Jim Tolles
Old 19-01-2021, 05:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Post Quote by my motivator

Nothing can degrade or demoralize you, Unless you are willing to take it.

- J C Chaudhry(NumerologistAndMotivator)
Old 19-01-2021, 09:28 PM
You must not under any pretense allow your mind to dwell on any thought
that is not positive, constructive, optimistic, kind.

-Emmet Fox

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 02:12 PM
Master

stepping stone

The block of granite which is an obstacle in the pathway of the weak becomes a stepping stone in the pathway of the strong.

Thomas Carlyle
Old 27-01-2021, 10:43 PM
I also heard the words, "Don't try to hold Me within yourself,
but try to hold yourself within Me."

St. Theresa of Avila

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Master
Adyashanti on our role in the world:

'Love can take an infinite variety of forms - simply to be a loving presence in the world is quite enough. No matter what we are doing or not doing, our state of consciousness affects the whole collective consciousness.'

'Our very existence is our contribution to life, no matter what we do or do not do. We are all the products of the whole of existence! Be true to what inspires you; that is your contribution.'

'So many people are outraged at the senseless way that we treat each other and this amazing planet that we find ourselves on. Does that outrage solve the immense problems, or does it fuel them? It seems to me that the world does not need any more outrage than it already has; it does, though, desperately need more love put into action.'

'Love denied turns to anger. Love expressed creates the space and conditions where more love can flower. Love isn’t just a feeling - it is an act of courage.'
Old 07-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Master
Jon Bernie on the importance of developing sensitivity awareness:

'When we get out of our thinking mind and into our sensing, feeling body, so much of what we’re learning is really cultivating that awareness - energy awareness, chi awareness, awareness of our greater true nature; and greater awareness of our humanity, of our conditioning and of what you might call our physical inheritance.'

'It’s important to remind yourself to not get caught in the force field of struggle, of worry and concern, but rather to bring more attention to and just be present with what's arising, whatever it is, so that it can naturally circulate through and out of your system and be integrated into a deeper realm of equanimity and peacefulness.'

'It takes great courage to be conscious, especially where there’s so much uncertainty and upheaval around us in so many ways. It takes courage to really be present and and face one’s fear, grief, or rage.'

'For me it took a lot of work and a lot of practice, and I had to learn the hard way just how difficult it is to face oneself, to face one’s condition, to face one’s reactions and reactivity; and to learn how that natural movement, that human aliveness and potential for healing, is very much who we are.'

'What's more important than finding the mountaintop of samadhi is learning to bring that light, that presence, that consciousness, into our daily life - into our work and relationships, into how we deal with political unrest and threats to our health. This is where we need this practice, more now than ever.'

From his talk, 'Beyond The Force-Field of Struggle'
Old 03-03-2021, 01:05 PM
Master
Jon Bernie on expressing the truth of the condition:

'When you truly express the truth of the condition, that energy will move and discharge. If not, what you're expressing isn't the truth of the condition - it's just a mental story.'