Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-02-2021, 05:20 PM
Knower

That was very interesting Happy Wanderer... 3 days in a row I would say is a tad toward the synchronicity end of things.....GRIN!

I finished Reading Richard Roberts book "Tarot Revelations" this last week (only 2 days, it is so blasted good I could not quit til I finished). Now that I have that in mind, I will start pulling a card a day. I remember doing this a few years back and it was quite fun, sometimes downright weird, and always interesting! Even when bad things happened, I was thinking ok how did that relate to what card I drew? And it helped me find new meanings in cards. Kinda cool when that happens.
I am currently re-reading Jason Lotterhand "Thursday Night Tarot," and, as usual, really enjoying the heck out of it. One of the easiest yet most profound books! He held weekly Thursday night meetings on Tarot for decades, and some of his students put the notes together with a lot of the questions they asked and he answered. Just a very fine and insightful book. I am more of the philosophical bent with Tarot. Don't know why, but I just flow with it and not worry too much about it.
I majored in history and got a Bachelor's with it. Been reading ever since. I was an artist for about 15 years and I suppose that is why Tarot is so fascinating to me. I have always loved learning and symbolism and philosophy, although these days they love to talk more and more about less and less, a sad state of affairs.
Old 21-02-2021, 01:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Well, you're telling of the proof you have that it works, and then you ask us if it works. Why?
There are always people who are sceptical and judge even, just smile. You are on your own path, they on theirs.

Thanks for your thoughts FairyCrystal. I think if people keep telling you what you want to believe is rubbish, you start to doubt the truth yourself!

I am often amazed at the way oracle cards come up with a very appropriate response to a question you have on your mind. I say 'appropriate' response rather than the 'right' response because you don't always get the answer to the question that you want, or are looking for. Sometimes the guides know better than us, what is good for us at that moment.

I have a set of Tarot cards in a cupboard, perhaps I should get them out and learn how to read cards properly.....
Old 21-02-2021, 03:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer
Thanks for your thoughts FairyCrystal. I think if people keep telling you what you want to believe is rubbish, you start to doubt the truth yourself!

I am often amazed at the way oracle cards come up with a very appropriate response to a question you have on your mind. I say 'appropriate' response rather than the 'right' response because you don't always get the answer to the question that you want, or are looking for. Sometimes the guides know better than us, what is good for us at that moment.

I have a set of Tarot cards in a cupboard, perhaps I should get them out and learn how to read cards properly.....

Not arguing, just asking. Is there an orthodox proper way to read the cards or use them? I am not so sure. That is just doing things others' way because it is said that is the way to do it. There honestly may not be a single correct way to do it. I suspect, somehow, we all are aware of this. And while one method may work, maybe several different ways of using the cards are also entirely possible and appropriate.
It's kind of like someone saying to us there is only one proper way prayer can be answered. We just do not know that, nor does it make all that much sense considering the millions of different kinds of issues and contexts and events going on in the universe. And when one way works one time or two or three, that does not mean other ways are also better in a different time and context. Hope all that noise I just made makes a little sense.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:08 PM
Master
I've ordered the Oracle of the Hidden Worlds by Lucy Cavendish today! If all goes well it arrives tomorrow :)
I'd never heard of it, came across it and it really did something to me. Very excited to hold it and use it!
Old 13-03-2021, 12:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
I've ordered the Oracle of the Hidden Worlds by Lucy Cavendish today! If all goes well it arrives tomorrow :)
I'd never heard of it, came across it and it really did something to me. Very excited to hold it and use it!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of them....
Old 24-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Master
Last night I found out there's one card missing from my Whispering Woods oracle cards. They came in last week, so still new.
Bummer is, I don't know if it wasn't there to begin with or if I've lost it. I've searched everywhere, it's driving me up the wall! I am always very careful with my cards, as I am with my crystal, and to have one missing doesn't sit well with me.
Now if only I could remember if the deck was foil wrapped or not... I think so, but even that I'm not sure of...

Has anyone ever had that happen, a new deck arriving with a missing card? It wasn't a Chinese copy, a proper one. But to be honest, I never count and check, hihi.
Old 28-04-2021, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Has anyone ever had that happen, a new deck arriving with a missing card? It wasn't a Chinese copy, a proper one. But to be honest, I never count and check, hihi.

I had never thought to count the deck.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:39 PM
Master
Again missed notification, as in the topic emoji lighting up for new post, boohoo...

Sorry for my late reply. I've never thought to check that all cards are present either :/
I'm still kind of hoping I will still find it, but in another way thinking it just wasn't there...

OT - New deck!!! The brand-new published The Sacred Forest Oracle by Denise Linn.
I had preordered it last year, and when I saw the first cards online I was seriously disappointed. I could still cancel but since only some 3 cards were online I wasn't sure.
I was still contemplating it when I got notification it was shipped, hihi.

But... It is WONDERFUL! I'm SO glad I didn't cancel as I would've missed out. The artwork is beautiful, and the readings are really good and accurate.
Old 13-05-2021, 03:25 AM
Master
Fairy Crystal, I was wondering, would the card company send you a replacement for the lost card?

I love hearing about your new cards. My first deck I used the online version for literally months. Then finally ordered my own. I love it.

I have been thinking of buying a new deck.

Today, I was working with some crystals and as I moved them around, they came into a grid layout. Each stone or crystal I could see where it was and where it needed to be. It all felt very intuitive and guided. Then with the grid still laying on the surface, I laid out the Oracle Cards for the week ahead spread. The spread brought clarity to the stress I was having and a situation seemed to release.

Is a grid meant to be used for intention?

Does anyone else work with crystals along with Oracle Cards?

As I moved through the motions of the grid and picking the cards, there was a quiet stillness, almost dream like. Is the higher self state?

It felt really cool.
Old 13-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Master
Great attractor tarot cards!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)