Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Master
Good thing to pay attention when working with 2 decks with artwork from the same artist. I wanted to put yesterday daycard from Moonchild Tarot bck in the deck and automatically grabbed the cards next to it from the Work Your Light Oracle. Artwork from Danielle Noel for both decks.
I took me 3 attempts to get it right, hahaha.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:33 PM
Master
Ha! Isn't this amazing? End of 2018 I pre-ordered the Goddess Power oracle deck by Colette B. Reid. It was sent to me around February 2019 but it never arrived. Turned out my house nr hadn't been on it. Bookdepository said that if it'd come back to them I'd get a refund.
Of course this never happened.
Then, 3 days ago, I got mail from Bookdepository telling me that the deck had arrived back at their store?! WOW that is 1,5 yr later, haha.
I got my money back too. I had NOT counted on that happening anymore.

Ánywho... I just bought 2 new decks:
The Archetype Oracle cards
Dream Reading Oracle cards - Rosa Inserra

The first deck never really appealed to me due to the artwork. But I do really like the archetype & shadows part. So after careful consideration and watching numerous reviews on YT I bought it.

The 2nd deck is relatively new and I saw another reader use it. I think it's more a deck you use mostly for yourself, but it intrigues me.
I looked at it before and now decided to go for it.

The "Your Sacred Soul Wealth Code" cards by Prema Lee Gurreri is also interesting, but it's E20 for only 23 cards and I do not like the artwork.
I would've gotten it in at some point though had it been like E15 instead of E20.

Happy, although I now have to wait for my decks to arrive from the UK which usually takes more than a week.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Master
I got 2 decks on the way for Christmas :)
It's the Forest of Enchantment deck. I've been wanting that for a while and now it's on its merry way to me! Might take a while as it comes from the UK and it's terribly busy right now.

The other is Angel Prayers.
I've been wanting an angel deck for quite some time but could never find one to my liking. As I work with Archangels more and more they had to be in the deck. The problem then is that they often look very feminine which doesn't resonate at all with me. Or there were other reasons I didn't like the artwork.
Then there's Kyle Gray's Angel Prayers. All the AAs I work with or know are in there, I know his info in guidebooks is solid, not like Doreen Virtue's decks- and the AAs look masculine or feminine when they're resp. male or female.
It's still not how I'd like to see it but I do like it.
What's also good is that it's not just AAs cards but also more general themed oracle cards to call on the angels.
So I finally am going to have a decent angel deck!

Funny thing is, there's a card in there "Divine Mother" and she looks so real, and her eyes really move me. This morning I was a bit nervous and I thought of that card and her and it calmed me down tremendously :)
Old 21-01-2021, 02:13 AM
Knower

What a good idea for a thread.
I remember the first time I ever saw the tarot, a friend of mine was getting me adjusted to it, and when I came across the hanged man, I just told him this is fake. It's stupid. The guy is hanging upside down like St. Peter in the legends was said to have been crucified, and he is way too calm. No one can be that calm, this is just silly.

When he described how that is one of the most profound clues to its meaning it caught me. Of course, I didn't figure it out, and he led me on for a few weeks kind of going around it from the edge as it were, giving me hints, etc. Realizing he wasn't being crucified was also a key thing that whetted my appetite. But it is the little subtleties like that which now makes the Tarot so remarkably fascinating to me! I am STILL finding things like this. And every little thing in them has meaning. Each card has truly dozens if not hundreds of things like that, at least in the Paul Foster Case BOTA Tarot Cards. They are just remarkable to gaze upon and wonder about and read about.
Old 10-02-2021, 12:55 PM
Master
It is nice to have a place to talk about cards. Sometimes you want to share something without that being 'worth' a new topic. Then there's the option to post it here :)

Cards can hold different meaning, depending on what stands out.
Like this Tower card from the Wildwood Tarot deck. At first glance it looks quite the disaster happening. But... if you turn the card around, the person has a slight smile on his face! he's not scared at all, even though there is quite the impact.
It's also not like death, just shedding something that was quite big yes, it's a big branch breaking of after all. But... oak trees are the trees that get hit the most by lightning of all trees because they tend to grow on water veins.
They can handle it. Many oak trees miss parts or have dead parts due to lightning. But it doesn't kill them.
So in that sense... letting go of something that does have a major impact, but it's not the end.
And since the man is sort of smiling you can also see that the Tower always turns out to be a good thing, even though it may be scary in the moment.
And you can see the ropes that held him stuck to the tree have gone. So he's now free, liberated, by whatever happened.

Old 11-02-2021, 12:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
It is nice to have a place to talk about cards. Sometimes you want to share something without that being 'worth' a new topic. Then there's the option to post it here :)

Cards can hold different meaning, depending on what stands out.
Like this Tower card from the Wildwood Tarot deck. At first glance it looks quite the disaster happening. But... if you turn the card around, the person has a slight smile on his face! he's not scared at all, even though there is quite the impact.
It's also not like death, just shedding something that was quite big yes, it's a big branch breaking of after all. But... oak trees are the trees that get hit the most by lightning of all trees because they tend to grow on water veins.
They can handle it. Many oak trees miss parts or have dead parts due to lightning. But it doesn't kill them.
So in that sense... letting go of something that does have a major impact, but it's not the end.
And since the man is sort of smiling you can also see that the Tower always turns out to be a good thing, even though it may be scary in the moment.
And you can see the ropes that held him stuck to the tree have gone. So he's now free, liberated, by whatever happened.

Ah, the tree as the tower, very interesting! The tree throughout the ancient world was considered the Axis Mundi, the axis on which the entire world revolved around, the thing keeping the earth together and living. This is an interesting card and artwork, thanks for sharing it.
Old 13-02-2021, 10:10 AM
Master
Diana Cooper is releasing an Archangel card deck beginning of March.
It looks quite good, but not sure if I'm going to get it. I'd like to see more images of it first. I recently bought an angel deck with AA in it as well by Kyle Gray so in two minds about buying another, although is one is nicer, softer, more feminine, which I prefer.

The thing that holds me back most is that I get a feeling that it's really 'Hayhouse' artwork. It could be me, but don't they all look alike in a way?

So I'm still in two minds. But if you're looking for an AA deck... you may want to check it out!
Old 14-02-2021, 03:27 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Diana Cooper is releasing an Archangel card deck beginning of March.
It looks quite good, but not sure if I'm going to get it. I'd like to see more images of it first. I recently bought an angel deck with AA in it as well by Kyle Gray so in two minds about buying another, although is one is nicer, softer, more feminine, which I prefer.

The thing that holds me back most is that I get a feeling that it's really 'Hayhouse' artwork. It could be me, but don't they all look alike in a way?

So I'm still in two minds. But if you're looking for an AA deck... you may want to check it out!

I'm not right now, but thank you for letting me know its availability. I am gearing up for a meeting with mutual friends through Zoom on the Tarot and am really getting excited about it! (re-reading Richard Roberts, "Tarot Revelations" one of the better books I have read) We are going to do so in March sometime. I shall have to come back here and share what we gabbed about. There is a guy who is presenting us some of his new Tarot cards. It's going to be seriously fun I am hoping!
Old 20-02-2021, 08:40 AM
Pathfinder

Hi folks, saw this thread and thought it would be an ideal place to post my thoughts about a card I'd pulled recently.

The pack is a Doreen Virtue Mermaids and Dolphins 44 pack of oracle cards. I use them every few days and am often amazed by the way appropriate cards appear, following prayers, or even just mentally posed questions.

The other day I was mentally atoning for 'inappropriate' actions in the past, and hoping these actions hadn't impacted on other souls negatively etc. I often send myself on guilt trips! I mentally asked for help whilst shuffling the cards and drew the 'Worthiness' card. The guidebook said this card told me I was to stop beating myself up about things that couldn't be revisited, and to 'accept heaven's help'. (That's a precis, but you get the gist I expect.)

So many people outside my circle of 'spiritually aware' friends and acquaintances think oracle cards are just a way of generating income for the makers, and are actually a diversion away from 'real spiritual truth'.

Whatever - they are welcome to their opinions, but if there is a way of helping to keep me reminded of my spiritual path apart from being part of an organised religion I think that can only be a good thing.

A few years back I needed to move house and, as so often happens with this stressful situation, I was worrying about various aspects of the move. Incredibly, when referring to my cards, I drew out the same card three days in a row, reassuring me that all would progress seamlessly, and so it did.

That's got to be more than coincidence, surely?
Old 20-02-2021, 11:07 AM
Master
Well, you're telling of the proof you have that it works, and then you ask us if it works. Why?
There are always people who are sceptical and judge even, just smile. You are on your own path, they on theirs.