Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 30-06-2022, 12:55 PM
Master
Hi Anala! I will post about it :)
I think it's going to be a very good buy. I did thoroughly look into it, also an unboxing on YT, a few actually, as I always want to see the inside of the guidebook to get an idea of what info is given.
I know Kyle Gray and from what I've learnt he's outdone himself with this deck!
One of his decks I bought as an impulse buy was his AA deck. I regret buying it. Not because of the info but the artwork doesn't resonate with me at all. Shortly thereafter Diana Cooper published her AA deck and that does resonate totally. I never doubt nor question her info & wisdom, she's my favourite ascension teacher and I've worked with her (books, cards, webinars) since 2009.

In any case, the artwork of this deck is stunning and resonates really well. It was just what I suddenly felt I needed, a higher vibrational deck.
I know there are a few more out there, I believe the Lightworker Deck by Alana Fairchild is okay too. But I don't like her so much. Her interpretations go on and on... I don't want to have to read a tome when doing a reading.
And again, the artwork on this Gateway deck is truly "wow"!
I also love he has a Gaia Gateway card in there. You don't often hear of that. It's below the Earth Star chakra. I only recently came across it in a book by Judy Hall.
The one thing I would've loved is if there'd been an Antakharana Bridge card in the deck too. Oh well, can't win 'em all, haha.

This morning I watched his hour-long introduction of the deck. Very worth watching.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:16 PM
Master
For the ones not reading in the astrology forum...
I've done a 3rd Guidance for the Lion's Gate as the energies keep shifting and changing, especially since we moved from Cancer into Leo, which is an entirely different energy and also brought a big shift with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U17SKXKe5Ug
Old 13-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Master
New card deck - the Wild Unknown Tarot, written and illustrated by Kim Krans

A friend gifted me a deck. :) it was time to move out from the Children’s tarot deck and learn to read the grown-up descriptions. I am enjoying this new deck because of the hand drawn pen and ink style with a splash of color. It incorporates animals and nature in the themes with the traditional four suits. It took a few days to “unstick” the cards and separate the cards. I actually had to make five piles of the four suits and major arcane and take one of each from and put them in the center until the separates piles were all gone. I cleansed them with a selenite wand. Then I gave them a proper shuffle.

The first couple of three card reads were well balanced. So, I asked a friend if I could practice on them. Oh my! Pulled all three of the same suit. (But, I shuffled and split all the cards apart and cut the deck) However, upon reading the descriptions, the cards had read the person and the situation along with another family member, to a tea. :) I was a bit shook up.

The second practice read had different suits and a major arcane and the cards read the topic the person asked about.

I like the book, as it explains the suits as families and their general meanings and that the royal family cards actually represent people. It also gave some ideas for layouts and ways to read.

For some reason, I feel very comfortable with three cards. I can’t really wrap my brain around the other configurations yet. Walking before running, I suppose.
Old 14-08-2022, 07:22 AM
Master
That all sounds very promising, Anala! Seems you're doing well. And wonderful you've moved on from the children's deck.
Let the journey begin!

Oh, if cards stick together you might want to get fanning powder in. Works a treat. These days I often have to use it, most HayHouse decks for sure but sometimes others too. Any deck that isn't shiny really. Too annoying to work with a deck that has cards that stick together in clumps.
I bought it on Etsy for a few Euros. Not in a nice sprinkling can, but a smaller zip bag as that was so cheap. The cans are more expensive.
Old 15-08-2022, 03:42 AM
Master
Fanning Powder

Fairy Crystal,

Thank you for the fanning powder tip. I found a lovely step by step instructions with pictures. :) I have been practicing. When I feel confident I might post in the week ahead spread section.
Old 15-08-2022, 11:00 AM
Master
By all means do that!
The confidence thing can be a hurdle to do readings, yet doing reading helps gain more confidence.
These days I don't really lack confidence anymore, but when I do a personal reading there's still a mild "what if..."
Not so much because I fear being wrong as I truly believe the cards don't lie. But it does happen occasionally that someone doesn't resonate with a reading. I can let that slide reasonably well but it's nevertheless unpleasant when it occurs.
So the more you just go for it to build confidence, the easier you can deal with the occasional mismatch.
Old 17-08-2022, 04:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Has anyone gotten the Shadowscapes reprint yet? Would you recommend it to someone who has the Mass market original?
Old 17-08-2022, 09:28 PM
Master
I haven't got that, not my kind of artwork, so cannot answer the question.
What is supposed to be different? Stock?
Old 19-09-2022, 09:24 PM
Master
I suddenly felt called to work with trees again. That feeling came up strong during a walk. I hadn't really worked with trees anymore in years and now the longing was strong and deep.
I decided that it would be a good time to get a tree deck in. I'd looked at those before, never bought one though. Now the thought came into my mind immediately.
I looked into the various tree oracle decks. The one I had highlighted a couple years ago didn't really appeal that much now. And I came across another one I'd not seen before even though it's from 2011.
That's Voice of the Trees: A Celtic Divination Oracle. I was in two minds as the artwork in a way is lovely but not entirely correct with it's perspective etc. BEing an artist myself that can bother me. But I loved it nonetheless, the booklet too from what I could see on YouTube reviews. So I went for it.
There was another one though that also greatly appealed to me and I decided to get that in as well: Celtic Tree Oracle by Sharlyn Hidalgo. (There's another deck with the same title, that didn't appeal all that much)

The first should come in tomorrow, the latter Wednesday or Thursday.
I can't wait to get going with them! Maybe they'll even get me to use my Ogham sticks :) These were made for me by a druid years ago but I've never done much with 'em even though I'm very happy to have them and that he made them for me! I treasure them greatly, just never got round to learning the Ogham sticks for divination.
Might be nice to combine them with readings.
Old 22-09-2022, 01:01 PM
Master
Both decks are in now. I already have one favourite although I have to work with them more to be able to have a good judgemental on the matter.
One thing is, the Voice of the Trees deck has a rather negative interpretation of hawthorn which to me doesn't fit at all.
And also curious to see how some other go with my own experiences. Like Alder... to me these trees have a childlike, playful, innocent, joyful energy. But this doesn't come up really in either of the decks.
So it's going to be a new adventure and discovery to work with these decks :)