Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 08-06-2022, 02:05 AM
traceyacey12

Am I the only one that doesn't resonate with Youtube tarot card readers?

Thanks for your helo :)
Old 08-06-2022, 09:17 AM
Master
I am one of those YouTube card readers :)

I occasionally watch someone else's pick a card readings but only from someone that resonates with me.
And that's the thing: it depends what you are looking for and interested in, and finding a good reader that matches that.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Master
I have been on YouTube until the cards but I metal is doing I met Liz Dean one of the tenner card I have part of her and she give me good advice by what you see in the picture not the book and what you feel
I do that now quite a lot I know sometimes I get carried away I do because I have one here I've got carried away about realising how far I've gone
I look at the death card I don't say bad I save a birth or or putting all me in the past and you're making the future I do or I could be part of a job description as a doctor of apologist or a funeral director of funeral operative of funeral care of a dead I say it as
As the 10 of pentacles but I say very well and big
The ten of cups I say that is a treatment and God Modern Life
If I look at the swords card and a different way now it could be good or bad but it could be stand your ground and stand up for yourself
The Lovers could be mean somebody around you getting a love life not me but I realise that though even what I've been 12 by 5 people and that one in drug and the family that running joke in the family on me is about to come through well I say watch this space
But I look at my card and different angles now and I look at the bigger picture I hope this makes sense I will apologise if it does not make sense

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 13-09-2022, 04:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Don't get me started on YT readers, from my experience there are some seriously good readers out there that focus on empowerment, spiritual growth, etc. Too many though are plying either toxic positivity or absolute horseradish and playing into people's fears. I consumed far too many videos over the last few years while I was going through some serious shadow work, trying to understand - instead of going in and drawing from my own higher self, I went down the rabbit hole of some seriously bad readers - lesson learnt!
As FairyCrystal says - resonation is key - add discernment to that and you have a winner D
Old 14-09-2022, 08:47 AM
Suspended
Guide

I use *the lotus 6 card universal spread*, for me it resonates and is spot on.
Old 14-09-2022, 04:45 PM
asearcher

Nope, you're not the only one but still maybe wrong to put them all in one category, you know, there are always frauds in every business
Old 14-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Master
They're mostly people investing a lot of their own time and energy to offer something for free.
If you don't resonate with a reader then it's up to you to find one that does resonate, if you wish to watch pick a cards that is.

When I do a reading the viewer has some 10-20 mins of watching of his/her pick, but I spend a total of approx. 3 hours on 1 reading: think of a theme or feel into energies as you cannot always do the same thing. Then it's intuitively picking decks, shuffling, reading the cards -sometimes a total of 45 for 3 sets!!-, setting up things for recording, intuitively choose crystals for the sets, recording itself, uploading (YouTube isn't fast), filling out all the stuff behind the screens and the description & time stamps etc. etc.
I have to move my plastic floor protector over to the rug at the table, and my desk chair so I sit properly. When I'm done I have to put that back again. So I even have to move things around in my living room.
Plus... you have to be in the right mindset to do it, have enough daylight. You can use artificial light but that doesn't look so nice and you easily get glare with glossy cards.

All that work, time, energy, effort without making a penny, just because I love doing it and so a viewer gets their 10-20 mins of reading, for free.

So I spend a lot of free time and energy to offer something for free.
The same goes for other readers. A little respect for that would be nice.
Old 15-09-2022, 05:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12

Thanks for your helo :)

It's like most things in life, there are people that have a genuine connection to something and those people can help you with the principles and underlying realities,
in this case, The Tarot. Then there are some whose connection albeit somewhat sincere, lack genuine connection and operate at a more superficial level. These people
use smoke and mirrors alot more, to try and create a connection but one thing I have noticed about the Tarot is you don't need smoke and mirrors. Bling to me creates
suspicion straight away. Of course you can choose to use Bling or not but if you can't sense the richness of The Tarot then you are off on the wrong foot already.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 15-09-2022, 11:31 PM
traceyacey12

I'm thinking maybe it want meant to resonate at the time cuz as of the last several months, some readings do seem to resonate. But idk I find maybe the reason why they resonate is because the message is so broad sometimes. Obviously sometimes I'll pick a pile and know from the jump its not for me.
Old 17-09-2022, 09:06 AM
Master

My thoughts atm are that the Tarot is there to point, dissuade, confirm, guide, reflect, encourage and much more but perhaps there are core issues within us all
that need slow and patient work sometimes over long periods of time.

I also get the impression from past experience of the Tarot, that reading for oneself all the time can become neurotic and just be driven by a wounded ego,
on and on till you end up abandoning the Tarot altogether. Where does the happy medium and balance lie ? More experienced readers might want to say something about this.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge