Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-12-2020, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Having meditated on the chakras for many years in the past, I had not thought of the rainbow colors associated with the chakras until you brought it up. I can see the connection, and hope that you will elaborate further.

Ok.

I think before I go further into this, I should add I see everything complete within myself now, so these breakdowns are part of my unique process and journey back to this realisation of my true nature.

As you’ve mentioned, meditating on each energy centre can awaken the awareness of the chakra. For me it’s like a heart beat or pulsation, so I feel the energy now. To reach this, I found as I dived into each one, I became aware of its energetic flow in the beginning, what was contained in each one, what was flowing. So in this way you learn naturally what blocks there are within the chakras whether it’s emotional or physical or both. It’s usually both.

There are many books around that share what an overactive or underactive chakra represents. These are good guides, to investigate what issues you may have within that energy centre.

I’ll get my partner to test my chakras later see where they are at. I’ll be back with more.
Old 27-12-2020, 11:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
A nice complex rainbow body depiction in the Bon tradition.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w

A more simplistic depiction of the rainbow body meditation in the Bon tradition.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w

Nice images.

The first one shows how an integrated rainbow self becomes an aura of rainbow radiating as each piece.

That’s how I see it now.

Anyone who understands the process as one with the whole in as many ways as possible, can integrate what they understand in this way and will illuminate as part of its true nature.
Old 28-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

Anyone who understands the process as one with the whole in as many ways as possible, can integrate what they understand in this way and will illuminate as part of its true nature.

Beautiful JustBe

Thank you
Old 28-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Ok.

I think before I go further into this, I should add I see everything complete within myself now, so these breakdowns are part of my unique process and journey back to this realisation of my true nature.

As you’ve mentioned, meditating on each energy centre can awaken the awareness of the chakra. For me it’s like a heart beat or pulsation, so I feel the energy now. To reach this, I found as I dived into each one, I became aware of its energetic flow in the beginning, what was contained in each one, what was flowing. So in this way you learn naturally what blocks there are within the chakras whether it’s emotional or physical or both. It’s usually both.

There are many books around that share what an overactive or underactive chakra represents. These are good guides, to investigate what issues you may have within that energy centre.

I’ll get my partner to test my chakras later see where they are at. I’ll be back with more.

My spiritual mentor was an adept on the subject of chakra meditation.

At one time during my formative years, I would sit meditating on the chakras doing a mala (of my mantra) at each chakra both on the ascending and descending cycles. Without realizing how absorbed I was, 8-9 hours would pass unnoticed on weekends when I wasn't working.

The chakra meditation practice can include so many foci for meditation ranging from the elements to the working/sense organs and more.

It served as an excellent meditation practice during my formative years.
Old 29-12-2020, 07:05 PM
Master

Nice topic!

I know relatively little about the Rainbow Body, but from what I understand it has to be built up, it isn't something a human being has naturally.

I'm not 100 percent sure whether the rainbow part is relevant, after all, white light contains all the colours of the rainbow, so it is not clear why the colours need to be separated individually. Perhaps it has something to do with the chakras, as each has a separate colour.

In my experience with light beings, they have bodies that are made of white light. So what is the relevance of developing a rainbow body? Is it a step before all the colours of the rainbow merge and become white light? Or is it beyond the beings that are made of white light? I see both as a possibility.

In any case, building a light body, whether it is rainbow-coloured or white, requires a lifetime of discipline and cultivation. Dzogchen is probably the best-known approach, but there are probably others that the general public may not be aware of. These are all various versions of becoming an ascended master, a Buddha/Boddhisattva or a god. Quite possibly, Rainbow body represents the highest level that can be reached by a human, but I could be wrong.
Old 29-12-2020, 08:50 PM
ImthatIm

NoOne

Maybe this will help.
Quote:
The rainbow light that is witnessed at the time of death
is a manifest symbol of the energies of clear white light which the
Meditator has successfully dissolved their physical elements back into.
The rainbow aspect corresponds to the five elements of
earth, water, fire, air, and space, which are not just viewed as natural resources
but can be considered fundamental aspects of a living universe.

EDIT:This says it in a different way.
Quote:
Much of the work of physical yoga, mantra recitation, meditation, visualization,
and other sacred methods are involved with freeing up these primordially pure Elements.
Indeed, Light Body formation is not other than freeing, collecting, condensing, activating, and co-mingling these original Elements.

In the Elemental dissolution process as described in traditional Tibetan texts,
those pure Elements are described as goddesses, buddhas or dakinis. For many millennia,
these indescribable and unutterable phenomena have been personified as spiritual beings,
as a kind of bridge to our way of perceiving mundane reality.
Since these Elements do entail the highest levels of consciousness, this is quite appropriate.
The entire universe is sentient and everything partakes of varying levels of consciousness,
from photons to space-time itself, and each strata of the Elements also encompass those stages of awareness.
Old 29-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Legrand

Hello NoOne,

Nice to read you here.

I would add to the quote of ImThatIm that for the Tibetan according to the mantra sound HUM there are only five chakras in the human body, and not seven, corresponding also to the five elements mentioned.

Chakras are a prism to seeing/being the primordial white light.

Making a correlation with our five senses a thing is different depending on what sense we are using to feel it.

If we are to use our chakras to feel the primordial Light, we will see a rainbow of colours. Unless one sticks only to one chakra to feel the primordial Ligth, usually the crown chakra, one will confuse what is behind the primordial Light with only one color of the rainbow. For only one color of its rainbow is then seen from the prism that we are as living.

In this way I do believe that we are different from Gods or Goddess, even when we die.
Old 30-12-2020, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My spiritual mentor was an adept on the subject of chakra meditation.

At one time during my formative years, I would sit meditating on the chakras doing a mala (of my mantra) at each chakra both on the ascending and descending cycles. Without realizing how absorbed I was, 8-9 hours would pass unnoticed on weekends when I wasn't working.

The chakra meditation practice can include so many foci for meditation ranging from the elements to the working/sense organs and more.

It served as an excellent meditation practice during my formative years.

Yes I can understand how it served your process. It’s all about integration so it makes sense the complex nature of what you can delve into and through, can take you deep into the mind body or any related symbolism of ourselves and everything that exists as nature.

In my experience, that flow you mentioned where time becomes irrelevant, I relate that now as my real lived experience, to not being contained with what is and flowing with it. The external flow managed through my inward flow.
Old 30-12-2020, 11:32 AM
Master

Thanks guys, interesting thoughts.

Personally, I think there are many more chakras in the body than just five or seven, it all depends on how you classify them. The top and bottom ones (Muladhara and Sahasrara) aren't really chakras anyway, they are more like gateways to the energy of the earth and the heavens, respectively.

I always find myself going back to Kundalini and Gopi Krishna's writings, I guess because that is what I can verify from personal experience. It is very hard to write about things you have no personal experience of.

So, maybe my viewpoint is limited and I'm missing the big picture, but to me, it seems, that Kundalini is the mechanism by which Ascension, turning into a light-being is achieved, and it is a gradual process, happening over a lifetime. I find the teaching of Dzogchen, as well as some other schools, needlessly complicated in this regard.
Old 30-12-2020, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello NoOne,

Nice to read you here.

I would add to the quote of ImThatIm that for the Tibetan according to the mantra sound HUM there are only five chakras in the human body, and not seven, corresponding also to the five elements mentioned.

Chakras are a prism to seeing/being the primordial white light.

Making a correlation with our five senses a thing is different depending on what sense we are using to feel it.

If we are to use our chakras to feel the primordial Light, we will see a rainbow of colours. Unless one sticks only to one chakra to feel the primordial Ligth, usually the crown chakra, one will confuse what is behind the primordial Light with only one color of the rainbow. For only one color of its rainbow is then seen from the prism that we are as living.

In this way I do believe that we are different from Gods or Goddess, even when we die.

It has been my experience and my training from my own teacher that the five lower chakras correspond to the 5 elements .... but that there are seven (7) major chakras altogether with the highest two going beyond the five senses as well.