Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-02-2021, 12:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Reminds me of Marx and Engels, they said the same thing.
Religions do too, not in so many words but in its relation to the non-believers.
Yes, the great unwashed - they just don't understand do they - and they will keep eating junk food and living such low lives - need a good thrashing.
I wonder if you thought this though before posting. Linen appears to be making a general observation of our world. She is correct, things are reaching critical mass and we must wake up and start taking individual and collective responsibility for life. To argue that, given what we're seeing in the U.S. in particular right now, is argumentative for argument's sake IMO. Irrational even, as it's crystal clear now things must change. And yes, that includes people taking personal responsibility on behalf of the rest of us. Living a healthy, thoughtful lifestyle that is healing for others and this planet. We are interconnected.

Love is All. You are. Linen is. Junk food is, for the taste buds anyway, for the first bite or two at least. Past that, it's just unconsciously stuffing one's face, very unloving.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Pathfinder

It so easy for us Westerners to poop on anyone impinging on our freedom to destroy the planet while we enjoy our junk food and drive our gas guzzling greenhouse machines. We do after all consume 70% of the world's resources. It's our right you see, we are owed that, a birthright, lucky us, to be born with such privilege. Who cares about the other 5 billion people on the planet, most of whom live in poverty, without food water and junk food, live in war zones where junk food is unavailable, live under oppressive dictatorships who selfishly hoard the junk food for themselves, etc.

Oh I too dream of a world where everyone is completely free one day to eat as much junk food as they wish, grow obese, and put more strain on the health care system! In the meantime, I've gone vegan. My contribution to re-balancing the planetary status quo. I do that for me, and for the world, Busby, yes, I take personal, collective, responsibility. Plus it's so dang healthy.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love~is~All
I wonder if you thought this though before posting. Linen appears to be making a general observation of our world. She is correct, things are reaching critical mass and we must wake up and start taking individual and collective responsibility for life. To argue that, given what we're seeing in the U.S. in particular right now, is argumentative for argument's sake IMO. Irrational even, as it's crystal clear now things must change. And yes, that includes people taking personal responsibility on behalf of the rest of us. Living a healthy, thoughtful lifestyle that is healing for others and this planet. We are interconnected.

Love is All. You are. Linen is. Junk food is, for the taste buds anyway, for the first bite or two at least. Past that, it's just unconsciously stuffing one's face, very unloving.

Of course I thought it through. Anyone making a general observation of the world relies upon a subjective pleasure or torture depending upon many factors are played upon in personal life.
That the world goes through difficult times and situations has and will always be the case. There are many more difficult times ahead. However it is also true that the world is, in general, becoming a better place. There is less poverty, more money, almost no hunger, many diseases have gone, nations and races are finding their place in the world, information is flowing, we are helping each other more and more, equality is spreading, international agreements are keeping things in balance, we are learning more about our neighbours through travel, through TV, through the Internet, through diverse new capabilities and interests.
That the climate is changing, that we have Covid at the moment, that various scenarios are being played out which cause us to be worried is all true. But one thing after another will let us and lead us into a future gained by experience and comparison. Even falling populations are on the horizon. It all takes time.

As for the great unwashed - my point was that their, what linen53 called the not yet awake masses, (to what not yet awake?) each have a point of view which is just as valid as yours or mine. No one is right - but everyone is.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Master

Quote:
It so easy for us Westerners to poop on anyone impinging on our freedom to destroy the planet while we enjoy our junk food and drive our gas guzzling greenhouse machines. We do after all consume 70% of the world's resources. It's our right you see, we are owed that, a birthright, lucky us, to be born with such privilege. Who cares about the other 5 billion people on the planet, most of whom live in poverty, without food water and junk food, live in war zones where junk food is unavailable, live under oppressive dictatorships who selfishly hoard the junk food for themselves, etc.

Oh I too dream of a world where everyone is completely free one day to eat as much junk food as they wish, grow obese, and put more strain on the health care system! In the meantime, I've gone vegan. My contribution to re-balancing the planetary status quo. I do that for me, and for the world, Busby, yes, I take personal, collective, responsibility. Plus it's so dang healthy.

Wise words. I recently came of a very stringent diet of 7 years due to food allergies. Even though I can now eat these ingredients, I don't. I don't want to go back to those fast food burgers dripping with grease and melted cheese. Or those burritos stuffed to the max with artery clogging ingredients.

A candy bar every once in awhile is okay or some doritos (which I missed terribly). But I cook from home and since I got in the habit of not eating out, I continue that even now.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
each have a point of view which is just as valid as yours or mine. No one is right - but everyone is.
Thank you. No one is right, and if that is the means of calculation, I agree! One day we all awake. No one is anything really, other than a body, a vehicle for Love. A Soul, that's the real me, the I.

When the I awakes, when Souls are called to become vessels for Creation to work Its spiritual magic through... There are Great Cosmic Wonders here to be explored!

Love truly is All \|/
Old 06-02-2021, 04:05 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Wise words. I recently came of a very stringent diet of 7 years due to food allergies. Even though I can now eat these ingredients, I don't. I don't want to go back to those fast food burgers dripping with grease and melted cheese. Or those burritos stuffed to the max with artery clogging ingredients.

A candy bar every once in awhile is okay or some doritos (which I missed terribly). But I cook from home and since I got in the habit of not eating out, I continue that even now.
I am a vegan. I eat what feels good. People are allowed to eat what feels good. If a person raises animals for food, that is conscious living.

People walking about store aisles and tossing plastic bags full of junk food and goodness knows what else they have plied up in those overflowing carts... that is the unconsciousness of Western society that is destroying the planet. And that is a fact. Thank you Linen.

Love!
Old 06-02-2021, 04:09 PM
Master

I remember I used to frequent a Soup and Salad restaurant back before I was hit with food allergies. It was all you could eat for a set price.

I was disgusted with the waste I saw as people piled their plates with food and left half of it when they strolled out of the restaurant. I'm talking every table in the restaurant. I was embarrassed that I was associated with the lot of them. They represent American ideology.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
I was just thinking about my second home in Ukraine. When I go to visit we walk everywhere, just like other locals. Most people do not have cars. Ladies always carry a folded up shopping bag in their purses and going grocery shopping is an every day thing. Shopping carts in stores are way smaller than here because what you buy you have to shoulder and carry home manually. There are very few super sized Ukrainians let me tell you. But in a way it's nice. Each neighborhood has all the little shops one needs not far away. And very often old ladies will be set up outside of stores with little tables whereupon they sell fish from the river that they dry themselves or local fruits and veggies from private gardens. Home preserved veggies in brine are a favorite. It is allowed by tradition. No one chases them away they way they would be here. Dried fish is a favorite with beer. Living is not easy over there. It is so much different than here. I find a sense of relief when I have to walk all over the place. No car and all the associated expenses to worry about. I am not a vegan but the older I get the less interested I am in eating certain things like poultry. My body no longer needs all that protein just to maintain.

Goodness!!! Looks like I'm guilty of being off topic in my own thread. Sigh!!!

Quote:
I am a vegan. I eat what feels good. People are allowed to eat what feels good. If a person raises animals for food, that is conscious living.

People walking about store aisles and tossing plastic bags full of junk food and goodness knows what else they have plied up in those overflowing carts... that is the unconsciousness of Western society that is destroying the planet. And that is a fact. Thank you Linen.

Love!
Old 07-02-2021, 04:55 PM
Master

What a breath of fresh air James. I'd have to walk about 3 miles to the nearest store to get groceries. I buy enough to last about 3 weeks. We have 3 refrigerators, and 3 freezers. And all are full. And it's just me and my hubby. Walking isn't an option for me at this time due to back surgery and further complications. But I can dream.

Sorry for going off-topic.
Old 24-02-2021, 10:43 AM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
What a breath of fresh air James. I'd have to walk about 3 miles to the nearest store to get groceries. I buy enough to last about 3 weeks. We have 3 refrigerators, and 3 freezers. And all are full. And it's just me and my hubby. Walking isn't an option for me at this time due to back surgery and further complications. But I can dream.

Sorry for going off-topic.
I don't think anyone minds a little off topic. Sorry for the later reply.