Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Pathfinder

Tarot and Oracle

I was wondering what kind of tarot/oracle decks do you guys have. What kind of art work do you go for when looking for a new deck?
I have a small collection of them because they're so pretty.

Okay the latest tarot deck I purchased is called "Dreams of Gaia" by Ravynne Phelan. The artwork is absolutely beautiful, I have been eyeing it for a few months before purchasing it few weeks ago. The structure of this deck is different from usual tarot decks. The booklet that comes with it is 308 pages, so it will take some time to read it. It's so worth it. I am currently still reading through the booklet. I know when I got it in the mail, the energy from it made me exhausted. The next day I decided to cleanse it before reading and I felt it helped me. The descriptions and meanings of each card are amazing, some hit home and made me think of someone and kind of put me in my feelings, so I read a few cards every few days when I have the energy for it. But enough about this deck, I will list the rest of what I have.

I have Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti and this deck was a birthday gift from my older sister. She said that she knew that I was into tarot and that this was the last deck at Barnes and Noble. I really like this deck, I got a lot of good readings from this. The deck came with the booklet and a large map to show how to do a spread, which is really cool.

I have Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue and I really like this deck too LOL. Every reading I get, cards always flying out! I love how diverse they are with the Goddesses and the edging of the cards are gold.

The first oracle card deck I've bought was Angels of Atlantis by Stewart Pearce. I love how bold and vivid the artwork is. I used to do readings for myself in the mornings when I have energy to do so and it always tell a story.
The first tarot card deck I bought myself is the Thelema Tarot. I really love the artwork. Every now and then I will come back to this deck. Didn't really have a strong connection to this deck.

Another tarot deck I bought was from the website "Astrology Answers". I was signed up as a member and bought this deck for like 5 bucks. Don't really use it. In all honestly, I think I bought it because of how cheap it was.

I bought Barbieri Zodiac Oracle card deck because of the artwork and was instantly drawn to it, artwork is kind of dark, but I like it.

I bought Earth Magic by Steven D. Farmer by accident LOL. I was trying to purchase the Romance Angels Oracle Cards and both decks were right next to each other. I guess I wasn't paying close attention, for about a week I thought I will be seeing the Romance Angels deck my mail box, but surprise surprise when I open the package and see this deck. Surprisingly, I wasn't upset because I thought the deck was very pretty, but the card stock is thick, so it is a bit difficult to shuffle the cards in my tiny hands. I do use this deck from time to time when I have that urge to do so. Each card and its meaning are so beautiful and always speaks to me.

When looking for tarot or oracle decks, I really like bold and vivid colors, sometimes the artwork may be scary and dark for others, but I'm always drawn to them.
Old 28-03-2018, 11:05 PM
55Degrees

Hi iSadie
We have a yearly roll call where we list our current working decks. It's very varied and by no means exhaustive (some of us may have a collecting issue, I mean hobby )
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=119854

I can't say that there is one thing specifically that draws me to a deck, but certain cards do have to reach me on a visceral level (Death, The Devil, 10 of Swords and 5 of Coins).
Old 29-03-2018, 12:24 AM
Pathfinder

Since I use the Gilded Tarot deck a lot more than the others, I will use those as reference for the cards that I'm always drawn to:

Ace of Cups
The Magician
The High Priestess
The Empress
The Lovers
Temperance
The Star

I'm really excited to have the Dreams of Gaia tarot deck. The names of the suits are by element. There are no pages and knights, only kings and queens. The major arcana is a lot different, there are 24 major arcana cards and the names are completely different, but you can find similarities among them to the traditional tarot deck
Mother-Empress
Father-Emperor
Desire- Devil maybe?
Then with each suits
Pentacles-Earth
Cups-Water
Wands-Fire
Swords-Air
Instead of Ace-10, it's 1-12 with king and queen
I'm getting carried away with this deck, but I can't help it, the energy is so amazing. I'm just excited to get into it
Old 29-03-2018, 01:04 AM
Master
Hi Sadie

I too have both the Gilded Tarot and the Dreams of Gaia. The Dreams of Gaia in particular has amazing artwork, however, I haven't really done any readings as yet on either of them. Both the books which came with the cards are very comprehensive, which I was very happy with.

I find it quite difficult to buy decks here, as there is only one crystal shop near me and they sell mostly oracle decks, hardly any Tarot decks and the ones they do sell, I've already got.

I also find that they are all sealed in plastic so it's difficult to get a feel for the cards. The only option is to Google and refer to other people's reviews of the decks. Some I've bought from this method has left me disappointed with either the artwork or the quality of the card stock, so I'm more cautious now when I purchase a new deck.

Having said all that, I tend to just collect them because I like the look of them, not to do actual readings with, though I'm quite sure one day I will.

I'm still what I would term a beginner in Tarot. I know other people have no problem using multiple decks but I personally find it too distracting to use other decks on this particular part of my journey. I feel that I need to read and study the whole book that comes with the decks, particularly ones like the Dreams of Gaia Tarot, which is quite different from the normal Rider Waite clone type of decks. At this stage I'd rather concentrate on the Rider Waite deck to feel more confident and intuitive before I venture onto something else as I then tend to feel too overwhelmed.

Thinking about it, there are a few that I've done a couple of readings before putting them away, more to have a "play" with them, but I then go back to the Rider Waite for readings. I bought Green Witch Tarot when on holidays recently and was really impressed with that particular deck and did do a few readings with it which I found were quite accurate and interesting to read with.
Old 29-03-2018, 02:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Sadie,

Oh gosh, I have a pretty extensive collection of both tarot and oracles because I am a collector. I don't have a particular favorite at all, I just grab or gravitate to whatever calls me in visually and there is tons in the market to shop with. I just research what feels right for me at the moment or period in my life and to be quite honest, I prefer to use a simple deck with the RWS system when aiming for consistency. I also find that I could totally hate a deck at one moment and in another time fall in love with it, especially if people keep posting cards on their newsfeeds, I could def learn to love a deck and buy it LOL . I also like a good bargin. I just recently purchased Impressionist Tarot . Under it's regular price tag I would have never purchased it but I got it for less than 10.00 ( USD). Killer deal and I love the images, they are amazing, imho.

Pain never looked so beautiful!

Dreams of Gaia isn't a deck that I have been drawn to buy, at least not at this time. The images are beautiful tho I do agree, and I think it's very important to be excited for a deck! Makes the work and game play a much better experience.
Old 29-03-2018, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hi Sadie,

Oh gosh, I have a pretty extensive collection of both tarot and oracles because I am a collector. I don't have a particular favorite at all, I just grab or gravitate to whatever calls me in visually and there is tons in the market to shop with. I just research what feels right for me at the moment or period in my life and to be quite honest, I prefer to use a simple deck with the RWS system when aiming for consistency. I also find that I could totally hate a deck at one moment and in another time fall in love with it, especially if people keep posting cards on their newsfeeds, I could def learn to love a deck and buy it LOL . I also like a good bargin. I just recently purchased Impressionist Tarot . Under it's regular price tag I would have never purchased it but I got it for less than 10.00 ( USD). Killer deal and I love the images, they are amazing, imho.

Pain never looked so beautiful!

Dreams of Gaia isn't a deck that I have been drawn to buy, at least not at this time. The images are beautiful tho I do agree, and I think it's very important to be excited for a deck! Makes the work and game play a much better experience.

Wow, that's quite a profound picture! The sword looks like it's actually real piercing through the sunflower. Amazing!
Old 29-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Pathfinder
Why, Oh Why, did no one warn me how addictive Oracle or Tarot Decks are? They should come with a warning label.

I am a total newbie. I don't know anything about Tarot (but am on my way!)

I was drawn to Colette Baron Reid Oracle Cards. I find the artwork breath-taking. I have Wisdom of the Oracle. Love it and my favorite!! I'm always surprised how perfectly divine my question is answered. Just amazed!!

I was drawn to Divination of the Ancients. Beautiful (to me)....

Then I bought The Good Tarot. Again...the artwork is breath-taking. Many reviews I have read say it is not a true Tarot deck. Have not used it yet.

Aaaaaaaaiiiii....I received an email that this site was having a huge sale. I had to go check it out (See?....I'm addicted...and happy about it )

So....I bought Postcards From Spirit ($9)....Wisdom of the Hidden Realms ($5)....Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards ($5)....and they were sold out of The Enchanted Map cards. My order is due to arrive within the next few days!!
----
I didn't know if I could mention the site so I am just playing it safe
Old 29-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Master
That's quite a lot of decks you have there and good ones. I have a collection of around 40 decks I have been collecting since my late teens. I choose a deck and stick to it for a weeks and then move onto something else. I don't buy every pretty deck that is out there anymore.
I got the oracle of emanations and the gothic tarot last month. I like dark decks, more into shadow work, and I like to feel the energy of the deck to know how it might work for me.
I have the Gilded Tarot by Ciro , that was my go to deck for the longest time, rather I carried it everywhere, even when I was traveling. Wherever I went it was in my bag.
I bought the Sirian starseeds tarot a few years back, instead of angels of atlantis.
Earth magic, Goddes oracle, romance angels were one of my first decks. I haven't used them in years.

I don't think I need tarot as much anymore, even when people ask for readings, I do just fine without them. Unless someone insists. For a quick reading, like one liner, or for a relatively long read, sometimes maybe I pull one or two cards out.
As in for a having a bit of fun and entertainment, sure they can be quite engaging, and seriously so. It's more personal than interactive for me now.
Old 30-03-2018, 03:19 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
That's quite a lot of decks you have there and good ones. I have a collection of around 40 decks I have been collecting since my late teens. I choose a deck and stick to it for a weeks and then move onto something else. I don't buy every pretty deck that is out there anymore.
I got the oracle of emanations and the gothic tarot last month. I like dark decks, more into shadow work, and I like to feel the energy of the deck to know how it might work for me.
I have the Gilded Tarot by Ciro , that was my go to deck for the longest time, rather I carried it everywhere, even when I was traveling. Wherever I went it was in my bag.
I bought the Sirian starseeds tarot a few years back, instead of angels of atlantis.
Earth magic, Goddes oracle, romance angels were one of my first decks. I haven't used them in years.

I don't think I need tarot as much anymore, even when people ask for readings, I do just fine without them. Unless someone insists. For a quick reading, like one liner, or for a relatively long read, sometimes maybe I pull one or two cards out.
As in for a having a bit of fun and entertainment, sure they can be quite engaging, and seriously so. It's more personal than interactive for me now.

Wow!! You have a huge collection of decks. I use to see them in a locked cabinet at the bookstores and was always curious. It's now years later and I guess it is the time for me. I bought the last three kind of fast without researching them because the price was low. I hope I like them.

I always love seeing how diverse each of us are. You mentioned dark decks and shadow work. (I really have no clue of the different types) I just love that there is something for everyone and we are each drawn to different things. Same topic/different decks. Connecting with the cards is important. I am feeling that way with Wisdom of the Oracle. I just do a reading for myself.

I can also understand carrying your cards with you I did the same with special books. I would pick one I wanted with me...just in case it was needed.

I like how you have grown and changed with your approach to reading and using or not using your cards as often. I have always been an Intuitive. My Clairs are strong. My intuition has been with me since I was little and I trust it completely. That makes my using the Oracle cards somewhat of a challenge. I will have a question in mind and I honestly know the answer without the cards. Seems like you are an Intuitive also. After doing so many readings for so long you now just know. It's nice your decks are more personal for you.

I just find the decks beautiful. I use them more out of curiosity. I love studying the pictures and meanings. It is entertaining but also mysterious in their accuracy.
Old 30-03-2018, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle
Wow!! You have a huge collection of decks. I use to see them in a locked cabinet at the bookstores and was always curious. It's now years later and I guess it is the time for me. I bought the last three kind of fast without researching them because the price was low. I hope I like them.

I always love seeing how diverse each of us are. You mentioned dark decks and shadow work. (I really have no clue of the different types) I just love that there is something for everyone and we are each drawn to different things. Same topic/different decks. Connecting with the cards is important. I am feeling that way with Wisdom of the Oracle. I just do a reading for myself.

I can also understand carrying your cards with you I did the same with special books. I would pick one I wanted with me...just in case it was needed.

I like how you have grown and changed with your approach to reading and using or not using your cards as often. I have always been an Intuitive. My Clairs are strong. My intuition has been with me since I was little and I trust it completely. That makes my using the Oracle cards somewhat of a challenge. I will have a question in mind and I honestly know the answer without the cards. Seems like you are an Intuitive also. After doing so many readings for so long you now just know. It's nice your decks are more personal for you.

I just find the decks beautiful. I use them more out of curiosity. I love studying the pictures and meanings. It is entertaining but also mysterious in their accuracy.

Hi Dazzle,

Well yes it has been a journey in itself and there have been many changes. Tarot keeps me grounded. My journey didn't start with tarot itself, but it has been very good so far. I took up tarot because I wanted to learn something new and was quite intrigued watching psychics read cards for others. It turned from hobby to passion to profession and opened many doors for me. I found my best friends and amazing conversations as a result of it.
A friend who also started with me, has also developed her own style, and has been giving readings professionally, and doing very well for herself there.
It's a way of life almost for me now and those close to me . It keeps me busy, focused and well grounded.

Thanks for sharing, good to know you have been connecting well with your cards. All the best with your readings ~