Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Good hosting should minimise the need for administrator involvement in server operation. I don't know who hosts this website or how good the internal housekeeping is and the admin staff here may not know either.
Well it depends on the app. I don't know vBulletin's performances, but it could be that it hasn't been designed to have so many posts.
No matter how powerful the server is, if there are flaws in the software (or in the manual maintenance operations to be done), it may break ...
Old 13-10-2021, 06:25 AM
Master
I'm not sure if this will help regarding 'Server To Busy' etc:
With me it varies from Thread to Thread, I can click on one and get the message then try another and immediately connect.
Old 13-10-2021, 08:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I'm not sure if this will help regarding 'Server To Busy' etc:
With me it varies from Thread to Thread, I can click on one and get the message then try another and immediately connect.
Yes that's indicative of a serious problem developing.
Old 13-10-2021, 08:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Well it depends on the app. I don't know vBulletin's performances, but it could be that it hasn't been designed to have so many posts.
No matter how powerful the server is, if there are flaws in the software (or in the manual maintenance operations to be done), it may break ...
All systems have their limits and these embryonic problems might well be down to this website's software limitations. Not necessarily flaws but a system perhaps running close to the edge of its capabilities.

Remember though that things have been fine for many months after the last upgrade. System analysis would show if conditions have changed significantly, spontaneously or progressively.

Diagnostics would reveal the situation.
Old 13-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Diagnostics would reveal the situation.
Sure, yes.
Or maybe people want to attract traffic and people to their website, and for this to happen, this one here needs to experience problems.
Victims of other people's dreams and desires.
Old 17-10-2021, 08:10 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm thankful it didn't happen to me in the first place and hopeful it was just a 'flyer'. Nobody has reported any further problems so it's fingers-crossed it's all done with.
Old 17-10-2021, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume

VBulletin's 5.6.5 is available in beta version. Being the Forum's version is a much older version, an upgrade probably can not be done directly. It might take several steps to get to the final version.

Saving the old database, install the new software and then installing the database should be a basic task.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-10-2021, 09:08 AM
Deactivated Account
PHP

I don't understand the technicalities but in early summer I learned my website's software was running PHP that had become an issue and soon would not be viable on our host's servers. Consequently I had to run an upgrade.

I guess similar could become a future issue for any website currently running an old PHP version. Might that apply to the SF software?
Old 17-10-2021, 09:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
VBulletin's 5.6.5 is available in beta version. Being the Forum's version is a much older version, an upgrade probably can not be done directly. It might take several steps to get to the final version.
I dunno. If this forum is using discontinued features, then yes, there could be problems upgrading. Sometimes it can be necessary to do an intermediate upgrade, like v1 -> v2 -> vlatest .

Quote:
I guess similar could become a future issue for any website currently running an old PHP version. Might that apply to the SF software?
Probably, anyways running old versions of apps or servers on the web is never good.
Old 17-10-2021, 10:11 AM
Master
I got that message again as well, a few days back.

Again... if it is a money issue... many coughed up money, so why not get the forum updated if doing that would remedy it.
Closed Thread