Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 26-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Small "s" self is body, mind, chitta, buddhi, mannas, ahamkara. All objects of awareness/consciousness.

Capital "S" Self is That which is aware/conscious of experience of all objects.

Self is Atman is Brahman is SatChitAnanda and since It's without a second all objects of experience are but name, form and usage of Itself. Appearances of Itself, within Itself and inseparable from Itself.

A statement such as "I am conscious" is the perspective of self (Ahamkara's propensity to appropriate) whereas "I Am Consciousness" is that of Self.
As I said, The self in the question "Can the self be self-aware without mind or object?" @ 08:53 is lower case (self) in the description box of the video. It is not the capitalized Self in the description box of the video because the lower case self and the capitalized Self are one and the same. You personally capitalize(d) the Self in the question, when the self is not capitalized in the question in the first place.

The lower case self is caused by fear/conditioning, this fear/conditioning is based on likes dislikes, fear of the unknown, fear of the future, which is unknown right here and right now.

The lower case self is not mithya, false, unreal or an illusion, the mental and emotional fear/conditioning is mithya (false) and the ignorance of this fact is maya, and creates all suffering. Both the lower case self and the capitalized Self is atman. You are separating atman and brahman, when you separate the lower case self from the capitalized Self. Even taoism says that the lower self and the higher Self are one and the same, so I am not picking this out of my butt.

The cold hard truth is you are either a solution to your own personal fear/conditioning or you are a problem to your own and to other people's personal fear/conditioning. It does not matter how much you meditate on mithya (falsities), or how much mithya (false) out of body experiences you have and/or how much mithya (false) lucid dreams you have. Mithya is mithya and maya is maya.....But then again, none of it really matters anyway, except for truth, because you are brahman-the infinite entertaining "itself"....

So carry on as you please!
Old 26-02-2021, 09:00 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
As I said, The self in the question "Can the self be self-aware without mind or object?" @ 08:53 is lower case (self) in the description box of the video. It is not the capitalized Self in the description box of the video because the lower case self and the capitalized Self are one and the same. You personally capitalize(d) the Self in the question, when the self is not capitalized in the question in the first place.

The lower case self is caused by fear/conditioning, this fear/conditioning is based on likes dislikes, fear of the unknown, fear of the future, which is unknown right here and right now.

The lower case self is not mithya, false, unreal or an illusion, the mental and emotional fear/conditioning is mithya (false) and the ignorance of this fact is maya, and creates all suffering. Both the lower case self and the capitalized Self is atman. You are separating atman and brahman, when you separate the lower case self from the capitalized Self. Even taoism says that the lower self and the higher Self are one and the same, so I am not picking this out of my butt.

The cold hard truth is you are either a solution to your own personal fear/conditioning or you are a problem to your own and to other people's personal fear/conditioning. It does not matter how much you meditate on mithya (falsities), or how much mithya (false) out of body experiences you have and/or how much mithya (false) lucid dreams you have. Mithya is mithya and maya is maya.....But then again, none of it really matters anyway, except for truth, because you are brahman-the infinite entertaining "itself"....

So carry on as you please!

Define self. What do you think it is? How does it relate to mind and body?
Old 26-02-2021, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
The very fact that a peep refers to themselves in any shape or form is a dead cert that one is experiencing duality . Where there is duality there is not the entirety of what you are that is simply being that .

The bliss or the Love or the Peace that refers to that cannot be experienced or felt or sensed . It is again, simply what you are .

x daz x
I agree with you daz 100%.

I, you, and everyone else just is the Self/self. The Self/self is both physical and spiritual (energy) at the very same time. Even the physical universe is spiritual (energy). People makes things more complex than they really are, some people probably do to keep their minds busy and to create confusion.
Old 26-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Define self. What do you think it is? How does it relate to mind and body?
I already told you what self is, in my posting.
Old 26-02-2021, 09:08 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I already told you what self is, in my posting.

You seem to focus so much on mind, in fact it seems to be all you focus on.

Here's an easy question. What's the source of consciousness?
Old 26-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
You seem to focus so much on mind, in fact it seems to be all you focus on.

Here's an easy question. What's the source of consciousness?
Well, we all use the mind to understand our surroundings, the universe (both physical and spiritual), ourselves, etc etc. The Swami in the video you shared even mentioned self-awareness/self-realization is of the mind. A person whom is one with brahman/oneness/wholeness, is one with brahman/oneness/wholeness in his/her mind and body. Everything starts with/in the mind. All the beliefs you have about brahman, atman, advaita, consciousness is everything, etc etc are all in your mind. Why you are so eager to dismiss and ignore this fact, I do not know.

Brahman is the source and creator of consciousness, just like brahman is the source and creator of everything else. Consciousness is not the be-all-end-all absolute. Consciousness is just conscious of everything-i.e the physical universe/duality. You may have experienced otherwise, because of the beliefs you hold in your mind that consciousness is everything.

Edit: consciousness is not the absolute or ultimate reality. Consciousness is a third party. Brahman is the absolute or ultimate reality, and as I said plenty of times, brahman is everything, there is not a single thing that brahman is not.
Old 27-02-2021, 01:15 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Well, we all use the mind to understand our surroundings, the universe (both physical and spiritual), ourselves, etc etc. The Swami in the video you shared even mentioned self-awareness/self-realization is of the mind. A person whom is one with brahman/oneness/wholeness, is one with brahman/oneness/wholeness in his/her mind and body. Everything starts with/in the mind. All the beliefs you have about brahman, atman, advaita, consciousness is everything, etc etc are all in your mind. Why you are so eager to dismiss and ignore this fact, I do not know.

Brahman is the source and creator of consciousness, just like brahman is the source and creator of everything else. Consciousness is not the be-all-end-all absolute. Consciousness is just conscious of everything-i.e the physical universe/duality. You may have experienced otherwise, because of the beliefs you hold in your mind that consciousness is everything.

Edit: consciousness is not the absolute or ultimate reality. Consciousness is a third party. Brahman is the absolute or ultimate reality, and as I said plenty of times, brahman is everything, there is not a single thing that brahman is not.

Best listen to this part of Swamiji's answer. https://youtu.be/Yej6AY0KNN4?t=815

All I'm saying is you seem to be taking the Samkhya position whereas I'm taking the Advaita position. By the way, he clearly equates Brahman to Consciousness and that is the classic non-dual position. There is only Consciousness. Call It Atman or Brahman or SatChitAnanda. All the same and without a second and anything and everything perceived as a second is just an appearance of and within Atman/Brahman/SatChitAnanda/Existence-Consciousness-Bliss.

Above and beyond all this It is constantly revealing Itself every second of every day but most just express it as "I am conscious" whereas it's more accurate to say "I Am Consciousness Itself". This can be realized and that's the classic meaning of Self-realization, however the meaning depends on the philosophy one subscribes to (Advaita - non-dualism, Vishishtadvaita - qualified monism/non-dualism, Samkhya or Yoga or Dvaita - dualism).

When Brahman is broken down into creator vs. created that's dualism and wholly of mind. Either there's One without a second or lots of seconds like me, you, the world, consciousness, etc...
Old 27-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:

Yepper's Mikey Mike ..

It's all mind .. I think some refer to mind as the intellectual wrangling or the busy chitter chatter of thought . The mind is the environment and the foundation for one to be experiencing beyond the chatter within the peace and quietness of mind .

If there was the transcendence of mind, there would be no thought of oneself .

There would be no awareness of oneself .

x dazzle x
Old 27-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Best listen to this part of Swamiji's answer. https://youtu.be/Yej6AY0KNN4?t=815

All I'm saying is you seem to be taking the Samkhya position whereas I'm taking the Advaita position. By the way, he clearly equates Brahman to Consciousness and that is the classic non-dual position. There is only Consciousness. Call It Atman or Brahman or SatChitAnanda. All the same and without a second and anything and everything perceived as a second is just an appearance of and within Atman/Brahman/SatChitAnanda/Existence-Consciousness-Bliss.

Above and beyond all this It is constantly revealing Itself every second of every day but most just express it as "I am conscious" whereas it's more accurate to say "I Am Consciousness Itself". This can be realized and that's the classic meaning of Self-realization, however the meaning depends on the philosophy one subscribes to (Advaita - non-dualism, Vishishtadvaita - qualified monism/non-dualism, Samkhya or Yoga or Dvaita - dualism).

When Brahman is broken down into creator vs. created that's dualism and wholly of mind. Either there's One without a second or lots of seconds like me, you, the world, consciousness, etc...
Wow, do you read anything that you respond to? It seems like I can't have a simple discussion with you, without your imaginative mind putting words in my mouth.

Samkhya separates matter (prakriti) and the eternal spirit (purusha). How did you get my view is Samkhya, when I have been saying matter and brahman/spirit are one and the same?

When and where did I breakdown Brahman into creator vs created when I have been saying matter is Brahman and everything else is brahman? That makes no sense

The mind as a whole is not the problem, the problem is a mind that separates any parts or aspects of brahman. If you are not the mind aspect or part of Brahman, then you are not Brahman as a whole. If being one with brahman in the flesh is not the point, then what is the point then? Is the point to escape or ignore your mental and physical problems or issues? Or is the point to push people more down the mental and emotional conditioning rabbit hole?

My mind is not the one who separates the self/Self, mind and body aspects/parts of Brahman, your mind does.

I will say it all again, the self/Self, mind, body, physical and spiritual universe are all (parts or aspects of) Brahman,
Old 27-02-2021, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree with you daz 100%.

I, you, and everyone else just is the Self/self. The Self/self is both physical and spiritual (energy) at the very same time. Even the physical universe is spiritual (energy). People makes things more complex than they really are, some people probably do to keep their minds busy and to create confusion.

I agree. In a way it cannot be anymore simpler than it is, but I dare say one can only relate to what they believe to be true. Many have experienced a different point of self awareness so automatically at times think they have transcended self and mind, but it's simply a different reflection of what you are of it.

What you are (that is all that is) or Self for use of a better word, is the mind, the body, the spirit, the tree, the grain of sand . There is nothing else other than what you are.

Problems arise and confusion arises because one uses their current point of self awareness to measure that with something else .

It's an incorrect view point to start measuring in this way . One cannot measure their self awareness of what they are in a way to nullify a grain of sand.

x daz x