Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 09-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Perhaps you'll never get a message that's just one word. But there again, who knows? What I was trying to point out is that it's for the individual.

Please correct anything I'm getting wrong.

You DID succeed in pointing out what you'd intended - I got it.

All mediumistic communication is intended for an individual recipient be that one word or a long message with meaningful and/or evidential content.

My point was that a single word isn't necessarily a conversation and for some recipients it could just as easily baffle or confuse them.

It's important, in my humble opinion, not to extrapolate an unusual, perhaps occasional situation into appearing to be generally representative. And I would guess that for some/many/most seekers it needs more than a single word to "open the door".
Old 09-06-2021, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's important, in my humble opinion, not to extrapolate an unusual, perhaps occasional situation into appearing to be generally representative.
And I would guess that for some/many/most seekers it needs more than a single word to "open the door".
Hi, My thought is what the spirit/person gives as a message is perfect...no? Sure, it might take a
minute for the person to realize the perfection!
I mean even Jesus said things that were confusing...but I believe they were perfect and full of wisdom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-06-2021, 01:59 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
My point was that a single word isn't necessarily a conversation and for some recipients it could just as easily baffle or confuse them.
I'm not much interested in hypothetical scenarios because being honest, they really don't help. During my mediumship training with the SNU we were told that the important thing was to give proof of survival and I stay with that. I'm not there to have a conversation I'm there to affirm/confirm that their Loved Ones still exist in whatever way that may be 'beyond the grave'. If that proof of survival is no words, one word, one short sentence or a conversation then so be it. It doesn't matter that I have a conversation, what does matter is that the person I'm talking to has the realisation that their Loved Ones are still a part of their Lives however they may perceive that to be.

I never implied that a one word message was generally representative, I have always maintained that if the recipient perceived it as valid and/or it opened the door for them, then it's a valid message. As to whether it may or may not suit anyone else is hypothetical. My original point was that the one-word message was valid for the recipient regardless of what does or doesn't constitute a conversation.

What may or may not baffle others or what it may or may not be needed to open the door is more of a conversation for psychology rather than mediumship.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I'm not much interested in hypothetical scenarios because being honest, they really don't help. During my mediumship training with the SNU we were told that the important thing was to give proof of survival and I stay with that.
I accept you're not interested in considering alternative scenarios - fair comment. On providing the message of survival we're singing from the same hymn sheet.
Quote:
I'm not there to have a conversation
Agreed - your role is simply to serve.
Quote:
I'm there to affirm/confirm that their Loved Ones still exist in whatever way that may be 'beyond the grave'. If that proof of survival is no words, one word, one short sentence or a conversation then so be it. It doesn't matter that I have a conversation, what does matter is that the person I'm talking to has the realisation that their Loved Ones are still a part of their Lives however they may perceive that to be.

I think we're in agreement that YOU should not be any part of a conversation....
Quote:
I never implied that a one word message was generally representative,
I agree - you didn't. I just wanted to be clear for anyone else following our dialogue.
Quote:
I have always maintained that if the recipient perceived it as valid and/or it opened the door for them, then it's a valid message.
naturally
Quote:
As to whether it may or may not suit anyone else is hypothetical. My original point was that the one-word message was valid for the recipient regardless of what does or doesn't constitute a conversation.
I think we've established this.
Quote:
What may or may not baffle others or what it may or may not be needed to open the door is more of a conversation for psychology rather than mediumship.
Losing context now but broadly I think we are more in agreement than disagreement.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Losing context now but broadly I think we are more in agreement than disagreement.
We're just coming at it from different perspectives, you're being broader while I'm homed in on the individual. In these kinds of situations I very much just take things as they come, and if the recipient is happy that's all that matters. So while I agree with you that if some people need more than one word Spirit would give them something more than one word. What that serves to demonstrate is that there is still something very personal between Spirit and the recipient and I think that does matter too because it shows that even in Spirit we still have very human traits.

One evening I was standing on the rostrum before an audience and straight away my attention was homed in on an old lady. It was like something out of a movie, old lady loses lifetime love and looks for his Soul in the darkness kind of thing. All I could see was her, the rest of the room was blurred out. I'm clairsentient and I could feel the love her husband had for her, it was overwhelming me, literally. Breaking all the rules I got off the stage and took her hands, I felt a surge and my consciousness just switched itself off for a few moments as I channelled this guy's love for his wife. Just before I blacked out I noticed she winced as though she was feeling it too.

That's something that can't be put into words, with the strong urge from her husband to get her to feel all of that how could I say to her "I have your husband here and he Loves you very much?"

I'm not entirely sure what happened but the energies of the room had changed completely when I came back to my senses. I think everybody got a taste of Love that night.

Taking this back to the OP, it shows that we're not talking to an artefact of our unconscious, we're talking to an actual being. That, in whatever shape or form that may be, - or not - even the humanness survives the grave.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:14 AM
Deactivated Account
We've left the thread subject of spirit guides but it's an interesting subject for me and I hope for others following quietly at a distance. So I'm going to continue....

Quote:
We're just coming at it from different perspectives, you're being broader while I'm homed in on the individual.
Those perspectives are not mutually exclusive - it's important to consider an individual's situation but equally important to deal with general principles.
Quote:
In these kinds of situations I very much just take things as they come, and if the recipient is happy that's all that matters. So while I agree with you that if some people need more than one word Spirit would give them something more than one word.
In an ideal world - with perfect mediumship - all that would work wonderfully well. In reality - as you know - it isn't always that way.
Quote:
What that serves to demonstrate is that there is still something very personal between Spirit and the recipient and I think that does matter too because it shows that even in Spirit we still have very human traits.
Quote:
Taking this back to the OP, it shows that we're not talking to an artefact of our unconscious, we're talking to an actual being. That, in whatever shape or form that may be, - or not - even the humanness survives the grave.
Hymn sheet time and preaching to the choir

I'm often at pains pointing out to all manner of individuals that when talking about 'spirit' or 'spirits' what's actually involved are individuals in spirit form and not some special kind of entity. Unseen spirit communicators are still individuals with personalities and feelings even though they're no longer in physical bodies..
Old 11-06-2021, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT My point was that a single word isn't necessarily a conversation and for some recipients it could just as easily baffle or confuse them.

It's important, in my humble opinion, not to extrapolate an unusual, perhaps occasional situation into appearing to be generally representative. And I would guess that for some/many/most seekers it needs more than a single word to "open the door".
As you are walking in a store, on a sidewalk, etc., how many times has a person tried to start a communication with you in which all they said was "Hello"?

In my case as I already mentioned, when I was giving a message to a person, all I heard was that singular word. I asked several times for more information, but that is all I got. I relayed the message to the person and told him that is all I got. He was ecstatic. As I previously mentioned, he immediately stood up and addressed the congregation. He claimed he had not told anybody he was getting a cold. As I previously mentioned, the message I gave him was the word "Cold". That message meant a lot to him. He was super happy.

When it comes to getting a message from spirit for somebody, some claim it is important to not to add your own words to the message so as to make the message more palatable to the person but to give the message as it is heard. The message, in many cases, is personal to the person and is generally understood by the person and no one else.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-06-2021, 05:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
As you are walking in a store, on a sidewalk, etc., how many times has a person tried to start a communication with you in which all they said was "Hello"?
no idea - I don't count them.
Quote:
In my case as I already mentioned, when I was giving a message to a person, all I heard was that singular word. I asked several times for more information, but that is all I got. I relayed the message to the person and told him that is all I got. He was ecstatic. As I previously mentioned, he immediately stood up and addressed the congregation. He claimed he had not told anybody he was getting a cold. As I previously mentioned, the message I gave him was the word "Cold". That message meant a lot to him. He was super happy.
I understood that.
Quote:
When it comes to getting a message from spirit for somebody, some claim it is important to not to add your own words to the message so as to make the message more palatable to the person but to give the message as it is heard.
Palatability is a variable feast. Evidential (spiritual) mediums will know that certain messages have to be delivered with more care than regular ones but without significantly changing the thrust of the message. That can be difficult at times but with regular messages I prefer the minimum of medium input - 'interpretation'.
I've seen some practitioners 'interpret' what they're hearing clairaudiently leaving the intended recipient baffled. When the the actual message was then delivered without 'embellishment' the recipient immediately accepted it. The effect of the medium's 'help' by 'interpreting' caused confusion rather than improved clarity.
It's sometimes a fine dividing line where mediums' experience - and perhaps training - teaches them how best to deliver the 'right' message.
Quote:
The message, in many cases, is personal to the person and is generally understood by the person and no one else.
This is undoubtedly the case for much evidential mediumship. It can also be the case, though, that a message may be intended for a recipient to pass on.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
We've left the thread subject of spirit guides but it's an interesting subject for me and I hope for others following quietly at a distance. So I'm going to continue....
Maybe if there are people reading this who have preconceived ideas that might get in the way...

Quote:
Those perspectives are not mutually exclusive - it's important to consider an individual's situation but equally important to deal with general principles.
In the moment I'm dealing with one person but I am open to people being people. If I have a headful of general principles and someone doesn't fit the preconceived idea I might have then I'm not being impartial. If Spirit gives me one word that's the message I pass on, because Spirit has their own reasons for whatever message they give. If there's confusion I try to clarify or go back for more information, if i9t's forth-coming. Then again, I've shared a few 'in-jokes' with Spirit too.

Quote:
In an ideal world - with perfect mediumship - all that would work wonderfully well. In reality - as you know - it isn't always that way.
Sometimes people are just people, man.

Quote:
Hymn sheet time and preaching to the choir

I'm often at pains pointing out to all manner of individuals that when talking about 'spirit' or 'spirits' what's actually involved are individuals in spirit form and not some special kind of entity. Unseen spirit communicators are still individuals with personalities and feelings even though they're no longer in physical bodies..
Well, you mentioned keeping it on track so that's what I did by addressing the OP. I'm also hoping that there are people reading this who no longer think that Spirit is a figment of their imaginations.

I've seen people who have been in awe because they're sitting in front of a medium. I mean, like someone who can really speak to the dead If they receive a message they can be so overwhelmed they can't believe it, and when that Spirit turns out to be the same personality as they remember it's mind-blowing. It's Spirit man, light being, robes and all.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:43 AM
Administrator
I have seen a few mediums one was very well known. the others were known to those that see them,Regular.
I caught one out as being a fake in terms of him walking on stage in such a way that he said his Guide used to walk and look.

He would always look to a certain part of the room and say my Geneologist was there to varify.
they went to every show he did. just sat in a part of the room there were four of them and Nod'id to everything he said.

He did'nt like to be challenged either, he said something my sister in law could relate to along with a few others instead of him looking for the correct person he said this is a message for all of you.

He looked my way and put his head down he could'nt keep eye contact with me.
i went to see him twice just to be sure that he was, what i thought he was again i caught him out. one of the people working for him came up to me and asked if i would Leave because i was making him feel uncomfortable.

You have to have total faith in your Guide and he told me i had opened some peoples eyes to him others will still follow him, but that is their choice
I did not go there to make him feel uncomfortable i went because he was recomended

Namaste