Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 20-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Knower
Help dissecting a lucid dream?

Posted on a LD forum but thought those here could help more with the meaning if any. Copied the text from my post on that site as typing it again would suck.

It was non-intentional as I have only just begun to try and achieve this -after- this experience. I have had a few lucid dreams in my life but this was by far the strangest. It actually incorporated many different types of dreams into one, and only one part was "lucid" in the strictest definition.

Anyway the dream.

I'm in a room talking to my best friend, his girlfriend and a few other acquaintances. We are sitting on very comfortable couches across from each-other and everything is peaceful and happy. Then suddenly I realize that something is very wrong. In real life my friend just moved a few cities away, his girlfriend is in Germany and I suddenly realize that I'm dreaming. For some reason though I have this horrible paranoia about these people. I realize I'm in a dream but for some reason it doesn't comfort me at all and I have no dream control. I start wondering who these people are if they aren't really my friends and I just keep thinking that I need to wake up.

This is where it becomes very very odd.

I wake up into a false dream. I realize that I had been dreaming, and have just woken up. Except I wake up on the same couch I had been sitting on in the dream. Except now instead of my friends sitting across from me there are these non-human lifeforms. They just stare at me...I feel as if they have no ill intentions but they are making me super uncomfortable.

Note that I occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis and unfortunately it kicked in again at this point.

I become -unsure- if I am asleep or awake. I remember that I was having a lucid dream but I also remember waking up. I feel entirely conscious of my physical body but am unable to move it at all. I can feel my arms, legs, eyes, everything. I'm making a ridiculous effort to open my eyes but they feel glued shut.

I eventually wake up, and even after struggle with wondering whether I was asleep or not. I obviously was, but my mind was so shocked I became unsure. Not sure what this dream means...if anything. Just thought I'd share.
Old 22-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Tsuga

Hi Alex23,

I wonder if dreams that contain non-human lifeforms or alien beings represent a group of people in your life who appear to be far more intelligent than oneself. Whether these dream-beings behave benign or hostile could well signify an attraction or a repulsion. Other dream elements would then inform the dreamer which of the two feelings are true and false.

t.