Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 13-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Jayme

My first lucid dream, back in October 2010

Came across a post about my first lucid dream on another forum, from back in 2010! Thought it would be fun to share it.

---

I was lying in bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, and stretched as per normal. Things were blurry, because I didn't have my glasses on. Stepping out of bed, I walked over to my door which seemed a lot farther than it usually is. I didn't know what time it was. I opened the door and glanced out, and it was extremely dark. "I can't see a thing", I thought. My light switch is right beside my door, so I turned to it and pushed it with my finger. Nothing happened.

"That's strange.." I said. "Maybe the bulb has blown, or...I'm dreaming!" To make sure, I did a nose plug reality check. Yep, there's my first Lucid Dream.

I kept pinching my nose and breathing. It was unbelievable. It felt different, my nose felt small. I first thought that I might not be pinching hard enough because I just woke up and was tired, so I almost slipped back into the dream state. I didn't let this happen though. I was very happy, but of course darkness would not do. How was I supposed to enjoy my Lucid Dream if I couldn't see?

I closed my eyes and stuck my arms out. Taking a deep breath, I screamed "Light!" as loud as I could. I opened my eyes, and surely enough the room was lit up like it usually would be! I was content and took a step out of my room, expecting the light to let me see my hallway like it usually would if it was dark and I had my light on with my door open. Sadly, as soon as I stepped out of my room the light went away. I shrugged it off and walked a bit down my hallway.

I stopped in front of the bathroom. I debated going into it and looking at myself in the mirror, but decided against it because I didn't want to wake myself up from shock or fear. However, I did look a bit into the bathroom, and at the walls. There was shapes and lines, and they were colorful. It was like they were popping out at me. I could feel my dream eyes open wide. I kept staring. I blinked and decided that I wanted to try teleportation. I thought maybe I would go see one of my dream character friends.

I tried to get to a friend, by doing the same thing I did before. I closed my eyes and put my hands out, trying to get to her room. I saw a flash of an area that looked like part of her room, but was still in my hallway. I tried a few more times.

But sadly, I forgot one thing you must always do in an LD. Anchor yourself. I didn't focus on keeping myself in the dream or improving the clarity. Instead I jumped right in expecting to get what I want, which was a big mistake. After a few times of trying to get to my friend, I lost lucidity and woke up.

----

I can't believe how long ago that was... I haven't had many LD's since then anyway :(
Old 13-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Gracey

What else would you like to do in a lucid dream?
Old 13-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Jayme

So many things! Back when I had that dream I was only 15 years old, and was just starting out. I really want to try flying, and meeting my dream guide. I also want to discover who or what I was in a past life and talk to my subconscious :)
Old 13-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Gracey

Flying is super fun, I also like swimming in the ocean. I also like becoming tornadoes in an open field. I like to travel in outer space and experience all the different feelings of movement.

Have fun with it, you could always put a mental note into your subconscious or ask your guide to meet you. Just do this once or twice and let the emotion and thought go.