Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 31-01-2020, 11:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Introducing myself

Hello to all,

Looking forward to discussing several topics with people here and making friends on a spiritual journey.

I have always had an interest in the more metaphysical perspective and have found in recent weeks things best described as 'speeding up a bit'.

As such I have decided to join a little community else I fear my journey could be a lonely one.

I hope some folks will join me in debating a few challenges that I am facing, and perhaps others, at what I feel is a time of great transition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'If there was only one path, there would only need to be one person'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-02-2020, 09:09 AM
Master
welcome here pharmahuasquero

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 01-02-2020, 09:58 AM
hazada guess

Welcome to the Forum pharmahuasquero.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the replies. I too am from the United Kingdom.

As such maybe you will understand a slight dilemma I'm struggling with to do with Sport.

I like seeing human abilities showcased. I think as we are all equal that given time we can all achieve these energetic precise movements and agility but in our own unique way.

However, all sport is not about that. It's about being the best, or duality, one against another, for win or loss.

Like I said my spirituality seems to be speeding up. I'm a Liverpool fan. Have been 30 years. Never seen them win the Premiership and now it's about to happen it also feels like the exact time I should stop supporting a team as somehow it feels like dividing the human consciousness. It's hard to explain.

I've always said I support football first and Liverpool second. The whole sport / competition thing though seems in contrast to spirituality for me.

It just one of those things that troubles my mind. Something that needs letting go.

I'm still watching the match today and routing for a win, damn it. I just think highly evolved races elsewhere in the universe don't sit back on a weekend and watch their team beat another one.... or watch anything at all on a strange entertainment box
Old 01-02-2020, 01:21 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmahuasquero
Thanks for the replies. I too am from the United Kingdom.

As such maybe you will understand a slight dilemma I'm struggling with to do with Sport.

I like seeing human abilities showcased. I think as we are all equal that given time we can all achieve these energetic precise movements and agility but in our own unique way.

However, all sport is not about that. It's about being the best, or duality, one against another, for win or loss.

Like I said my spirituality seems to be speeding up. I'm a Liverpool fan. Have been 30 years. Never seen them win the Premiership and now it's about to happen it also feels like the exact time I should stop supporting a team as somehow it feels like dividing the human consciousness. It's hard to explain.

I've always said I support football first and Liverpool second. The whole sport / competition thing though seems in contrast to spirituality for me.

It just one of those things that troubles my mind. Something that needs letting go.

I'm still watching the match today and routing for a win, damn it. I just think highly evolved races elsewhere in the universe don't sit back on a weekend and watch their team beat another one.... or watch anything at all on a strange entertainment box

Seems to me that you are awakening Pharmahuasquero.Join in the Forum discussions.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Hazada, it seems some things are easier to let go of than others. I think my awakening started a good 20 years ago with a epiphany to stop eating meat while driving home from an illegal rave.

Since then, I went to veganism about 15 years ago and started fasting a few years back on mostly raw. I now do prolonged fasting usually a minimum of 48 hours before eating mostly just fruit. This was all intuitive. I now hear that intuition saying just watermelon, which I will move to soon. I honestly have never felt better and have more or less maintained my weight throughout. I have an abundance of time and energy and sleep much less. It also helps me breath an awful lot more as I am far more aware of my breath. It amazes me how shallow I must have been breathing before.

During the last 20 years I've had stints of meditation work and yoga and Tia Chi, but now I am very disciplined in this. Every morning and after work, no excuses. I also like calisthenics.

Like I said things are really speeding up. It suddenly seems the time for 'practice' is over and now is the time to be so stop messing.

Alas, sport, or at least supporting a team I don't want to let go of just yet. After this season it's done though. I haven't a tele and watch online anyway but really I'm done with all technology too. I'd rather sit in a field all day!
Old 01-02-2020, 03:09 PM
Just Tim

Hello Pharmahuasquero !

You're very much welcome then as if you're looking for answers or help for your challenges you might also give some in the process ! It's all in exchanging point of views.

About football, you said competition seems to contrast with spirituality. But it depends, for both teams it's friendly competition, maybe the players even learn a trick or two from an opposite team player, among other things. I think there's good in it. And then, well there are also supporters who seem to care even more about the competition than the players, so yeah, seeing what this can sometimes lead to, I'd say it's a bad thing.

It's all in duality, which ultimately, doesn't exist. Well, just my opinion, and looking foreward to your future posts ! And welcome again
Old 01-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Tim,

I think you are on to something there with the supporters. I work with a few more Liverpool supports and the team comes first for them at the expense of any other supporter or football team in a quite hateful manner. I really dislike it.

I think sports men and women themselves are more less in it for themselves and trying to be their personal best. The prizes and accolades I'd like to think are a kind of byproduct of their personal goals.

Like I said I enjoy watching the very best of physical performance really, which is why I think I should support nobody, or better still support everybody equally.

Maybe a better question is why do we like winning?
Old 01-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Tim,

I think you are on to something there with the supporters. I work with a few more Liverpool supports and the team comes first for them at the expense of any other supporter or football team in a quite hateful manner. I really dislike it.

I think sports men and women themselves are more less in it for themselves and trying to be their personal best. The prizes and accolades I'd like to think are a kind of byproduct of their personal goals.

Like I said I enjoy watching the very best of physical performance really, which is why I think I should support nobody, or better still support everybody equally.

Maybe a better question is why do we like winning? Because if you have winners you have to have losers too.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Tim,

I think you are on to something there with the supporters. I work with a few more Liverpool supporters and the team comes first for them at the expense of any other supporter or football team in a quite hateful manner. I really dislike it.

Maybe a better question is why do we like winning? Because if you have winners you have to have losers too. I think I struggle to understand the concept of competition. I mean you get competition in nature I suppose as a form of survival. I love nature, I think we learn a lot about spirituality from it, in fact