Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Ascender

Plants die unnecessarily because humans don't have to kill plants. I can live off of one single cow for a whole year whereas if I was only living off of plants for one year, hundreds of thousands of plants, insects and small animals would die during the process of growing my plant food. Growing plant foods organically and/or conventionally involve the death of thousands of insects and small animals.
Old 28-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Plants die unnecessarily because humans don't have to kill plants. I can live off of one single cow for a whole year whereas if I was only living off of plants for one year, hundreds of thousands of plants, insects and small animals would die during the process of growing my plant food. Growing plant foods organically and/or conventionally involve the death of thousands of insects and small animals.
Ah, but that cow you eat has to eat many more plants than you do, due to it's body size. Any way, you are an animal - like it or not. If it is ok to eat animals then it's ok to eat you.
Old 28-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Master

Since we can't live on air we have to kill something in order to sustain ourselves and survive whether it be plant, insect, water creatures or animals. We all have our opinions of what is right to kill and what is wrong to kill. To each their own.
Old 28-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Master

The only 'nonsense' I have seen is the implication that slaughtering a cow is on a par with uprooting a carrot.

Everyone's comments in this thread have been a reflection of their 'soul light'....

Respect to all those who have spoken with compassion.
'Blessed are the merciful'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Master

We can all agree to not agree. Since I am an avid gardener a carrot is just as important as a cow.
Old 28-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Ah, but that cow you eat has to eat many more plants than you do, due to it's body size. Any way, you are an animal - like it or not. If it is ok to eat animals then it's ok to eat you.

If I eat the cow, then I'm saving many plant lives, because if I were to let the cow live, it would continue killing plants. So I'm really saving more lives (saving those hundreds of thousands of insects and small animals like rabbits and gophers who are killed in order to grow plant foods for humans) by living off of one cow rather than living off of plants.

Animals in nature normally do not eat their own kind and if they do its in abnormal circumstances out of desperation. Animals normally eat other species of animals, not their own kind. I have heard of humans eating their own kind out of desperation when animals and plants were not available to eat, so its the same concept. If an animal wishes to eat me, then so be it. Of course its okay because in nature animals eat other animals. Its completely natural and what the Creator intended to happen.
Old 28-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Mayflow

Cows don't usually kill plants. They just eat the top of them, they don't disturb the roots. They are a lot smarter than most people think. Sweet children too!
Old 29-09-2013, 12:34 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
The only 'nonsense' I have seen is the implication that slaughtering a cow is on a par with uprooting a carrot.

Everyone's comments in this thread have been a reflection of their 'soul light'....

The above is contradictory ...

Consistency provides credibility ...
The use of practical knowledge & constructive debate skills are excellent qualities & defines adult conversation ...
Their use is simply respectful conduct ...
It keeps the conversation on an even keel instead of having to continually raise its level back up ...
And keeps everyone on topic ...

Hmm - interesting you should be the one to comment ...
I was actually thinking of someone else who spitfires retorts & rhetoric ...
Old 29-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Ecthalion

Living Karma; this is a subject which I feel very passionate about. Living souls are being deliberately killed when it is not necessary. Forgive me if I don't use fancy words or deep arguments. I care about life though, and I make no apologies for that.
Old 29-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Living Karma; this is a subject which I feel very passionate about. Living souls are being deliberately killed when it is not necessary. Forgive me if I don't use fancy words or deep arguments. I care about life though, and I make no apologies for that.

Nor should you. Karma is a tool like a mirror. You, in my opinion, have a very nice mirror. Gentleness and compassion mixed with passion.
Closed Thread