Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:58 AM
angelicious

Supernatural Movies

CONSTANTINE

Keanu Reeves (that hot, hot, hottie. Ladies...am I right? grins) stars in this supernatural thriller based on a comic book (Hellblazer) character, Keanu is John Constantine, a spiritual warrior, a Demon Hunter. Like parallel dimensions, there's Heaven, Hell, with Earth in the middle. Angels (Gods & Satans) keep the balance on Earth of good & evil, but Satan's son (with the help of Angel Gabriel, the Spear of Destiny, & the use of a psychic) tries to reign over the Earth in spite of his father.

My review: Awesome! The acting was great, the cast well selected, the graphics totally rock, & the storyline is so fantastic that it made me want to hit the net in search of information on things mentioned in the movie like the spear of destiny (a soldiers spear that pierced Christ on the cross). They did there homework for this movie. Well done.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:20 AM
angelicious

GOTHICA

This psychological, supernatural Thriller starring Haley Berry & Penelope Cruiz, is set in a mental institution. Haley plays a psycologist in the institution, that is, until she has a supernatural encounter. She then wakes up to find that she is a patient among people she condemned to be crazy.

My review: Had me freaking out! Thank goodness it's just a movie and an awesome one it is. The story is excellent, the cinematography fantastic, the cast is great, Haley gave an outstanding performance. I Highly recommend for a good scare, tehehe.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
kundalini

Hi angelicious,

Yeah, they're both films I would recommend too, especially Constantine which had some really memorable scenes.

K.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:14 PM
El Barto

I'd have to say SILENT HILL
love the symbolisms in there. Had to google it and found a thread on the symbolism of that movie.

Jacobs Ladder was a good one too.

The Gift too speaking of Keanu Reaves
Old 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM
angelicious

Yeah, The Gift was a great movie. I want to watch Silent Hill again as I fell asleep after the first appearance of those molton lava creatures (I think it's the same movie, lol). It's about a town in a parallel universe, not sure?

Devils Advocate was another awesome supernatural thriller starring Keanu Reeves....nice.

I find it fascinating how they come up with the story and how much research is might be put into them. Also, a lot of these type of movies and some sci-fi use analogies and concepts of a spiritual nature e.g. In Star Wars for instance, the forces of light & dark and the whole concept of choice, serving, thoughts, consequences, etc.
Closed Thread