Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 26-10-2021, 09:11 PM
Master
hallow wrote "With this thread, I am just really curious about the roots of spirituality."

Look to the older if not oldest belief systems/religions for a possible answer. Many claim Animism is the root of many of today's religions and some claim Animism might be the oldest belief system/religion.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-10-2021, 09:12 PM
Master
What would you do (I mean believe) if you were deep inside a cave and your light source went out? And then, all of a sudden, you could see everything in the cave?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-10-2021, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Many claim Animism is the root of many of today's religions and some claim Animism might be the oldest belief system/religion.
. I am going to look more into this. Seems interesting.
Old 27-10-2021, 05:34 AM
Master
There is not much to read on Animism in the West, but in Asia: it permeates.

Old 27-10-2021, 03:50 PM
Master

Preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
That's a really big jump - needs clarification on your part.
For God all species are similar. With the capability of language,logic,grammer,mathematics,algorithms,scie nce human species is privileged one. With all this privilege humans enjoy absolutely superior status. With this privileges comes fiduciary relationship other under privileged. Only spirituality can make one aware of such fiduciary relationship n duty with other species. With our kids who are weaker in many ways compared parents for a longer period,parents have fiduciary relationship. Even in animal world ,animals try to protect their children and feel fiduciary relationships in a limited way.

So if one does not like the burden of spiritual obligations, God is very loving n kind to give a specie in our next birth which does not carry all burdens of spirituality. That way he meets the preferences of all and maintains overall equilibrium.
Old 28-10-2021, 07:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH

So if one does not like the burden of spiritual obligations, God is very loving n kind to give a specie in our next birth which does not carry all burdens of spirituality. That way he meets the preferences of all and maintains overall equilibrium.

If I understand rightly you are telling us that some of us can be reborn as animals/insects/even viruses. Or have I misunderstood?
Having a well-thumbed copy of 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' your input interests me utterly.

Please expand your belief to our goodselves. That bit about equilibrium is also quite fascinating?

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 28-10-2021, 03:17 PM
Master

afterlife belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If I understand rightly you are telling us that some of us can be reborn as animals/insects/even viruses. Or have I misunderstood?
Having a well-thumbed copy of 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' your input interests me utterly.

Please expand your belief to our goodselves. That bit about equilibrium is also quite fascinating?

You have interpreted rightly . Some of us can re-incarnate as animal .
Re-incarnation of souls is the basis on which I which I answer this question.
I understand Tibetan book of the dead is about helping and aiding those dead in further progress of their journey onwards . I dont know much about the book however .

Re-incarnation (and many other happenings in the world ) happens primarily based on following spiritual laws
1. law of attraction /repulsion
2. LAw of justice
3. Law of evolution (different than darvin evolution)
4. Law of universal necessity .

Universe's laws work on auto-pilot mode . Based on properties of our soul , and our deeds , we (our soul ) naturally gravitate towards the parents and species most suited for us after death in some time. God does not intervene arbitrarily as this is and it is acceptable to almost everyone . Despite all privileges of human life , human life too has its share of burdens which other species simply dont have like undergoing education for longer period , search and retaining partner , searching gainful employment , sustaining and nurturing family , abide social/legal norms etc) . So people feeling such burdens naturally develop the liking for a specie which does not have any of these burdens .

Though there are books on after-life in Hinduism also , my knowledge of it is very elementary because religion has to benefit individual and all individuals around now and forever in this life and after life . You can see after-life is just a miniscule portion of religion . So my concentration has been more on other diverse aspects of religion . Minute details like "Tibetan book of dead " may not be available with me and I think you too wont be expecting more detail knowing u & your views on religion .
Old 28-10-2021, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Some of us can re-incarnate as animal .
Oh boy now we are getting into opinion stated as fact...a no-no on the Forum.
Tip: All you have to do is qualify it, as in ...''The TB of TD, says that..." or
"I believe..."

Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Master

Color Afterlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
[color=Navy]Oh boy now we are getting into opinion stated as fact...a no-no

Ok. Let me be specific. After-life is a belief in all religions and accept it as indisputable fact.Now what soul does in afterlife is where people differ. Thats fine. So i will qualify this post as reincarnation beliefs in hinduism as the basis of my assertion. Hope that clarifies it .
Old 28-10-2021, 09:12 PM
Master
QUOTE 27 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Based on properties of our soul , and our deeds , we (our soul ) naturally gravitate towards the parents and species most suited for us after death in some time.

That is my understanding as well.

Here is a link to an article randomly selected about 5 religions that believe in animal reincarnation.

https://www.joincake.com/blog/animal-reincarnation/