Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-10-2015, 05:33 AM
Donna

Reading on the phone or online

I'm in the process of developing mediumship, however, despite being told that reading over the phone or on Skype should make no difference at all, I seem to be unable to read this way. In the next post, I'll put up my most recent journal of readings done for friends and family over the past week. As you'll see, there's a big difference in results.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
Donna

I apologise for the length of this entry. I did the readings in the space of a week and recorded them in one sitting. Three of the four were not what I'd consider successes. What I'm trying to deduct is what causes some to succeed while others fail. The first, with Mark, failed, I feel, because he felt very conflicted and I was perhaps too concerned about convincing him.

Journal

At this stage, I don’t feel a need investing the time in detailed accounts of the readings I do and would like to shift focus to speculations and insights.

Reading 6 – Mark

Mark and N were staying the night before my 50th birthday party (which happened a week before my actual birthday). Mark surprised me by eschewing the football game and asking for a reading instead. It truly was a surprise because he has declared himself an atheist, stating when you’re dead you’re dead. G, my husband, felt I shouldn’t read for Mark because he’d be disrespectful but it was more complex than that. You see, Mark’s wife, N, has been told she has incurable cancer and I feel he was hoping for evidence of ongoing existence.

When I first witnessed the reality of mediumship, I felt it was be very uplifting because it appears to prove our ongoing existence after death and this was reason enough for me wanting to do it. It occurs to me now that that’s actually not the greatest reason for wanting to do a reading for someone. That said, I felt and expressed a strong desire to give Mark that validation and Mark admitted that he too was hoping to see evidence. Things, however, did not go well.

I felt that Mark did have people trying to get through but it seemed really hard for them. I was hoping after Victor (an earlier reading) that all my readings were going to be that easy, but alas, no. I felt the faint presence of his mum and saw a floral dress (up until now I’ve seen the top of the person’s head first). When I mentioned this, Mark said, “Yeah, she wore floral dresses a lot – she was mad.” Then I felt his mum shrink away. This was kind of sad but I continued to try to get a fix on her. I asked if she suffered sinus pain and he said she did in her childhood. Then I saw grey hair and glasses. Mark said, “We’ll that’s a pretty standard description of old people,” and I agreed, he was right. Later, however, I considered this and realized that in the five readings I had done, not one had that particular combination. I saw her kiss his head and he agreed she did love him, “In her own way.” She was trying to convey something, a beetle or a moth, but it meant nothing to Mark. Then I let her go and switched to a man on his left, giving a description. Mark said, “It could be any number of people,” and then we gave up. I wasn’t finding it easy, I don’t think it was really convincing Mark of anything and it occurred to me that wasn’t my role. Mark did say, however, “We’ll try this again someday.” Perhaps we will.

During the session, I saw a bird, which Mark said could have been a galah they had as a pet. I think it was imagination. If it were the pet, I feel I would have seen a galah, rather than a generic bird. I felt the essence of pointy nosed black dog as well -not its presence- and he said they had a family sheep dog. I feel, perhaps, this was a mere psychic impression. Perhaps the reading never went beyond that.

Reading 7 – Trish
Barbara
In the week after my birthday party, my friend Trish rang and asked for a reading. I was a bit challenged at first because I actually knew things about Trish’s mum and these were the things that initially came up. Her mother, Barbara, also came through as a mind link more than a true blending. Beyond the initial things I knew about her (appearance, love of horses and dying after a game of golf) she progressed to an image of slender pink ribbons, which was very significant to Trish at both a literal and symbolic level. There were other things, like the reference to her dog, which she showed me as a standard golden retriever, which, was part of her dog’s breed and what she referred to it as, even though it was black. She also referenced Trish’s childhood dog by showing me an exaggeratedly, almost comically squashed dog face. I knew not to take this so literally, so when I asked Trish if she had a squashed face breed and she stated she did, I asked if her mum thought it was ugly and made fun of it. My intuition/interpretation was correct!

I don’t want to get too much into details here but rather what I’m learning as I practice. There were other specific details that arose, like a reference to an incident with a spider that Trish confirmed but this may also have been a reference to Barbara’s reaction to Huntsmen spiders when she visited Trish in Australia (she was an American). The comically exaggerated image of “spider” that she gave me suited both stories well. She had a number of things to say about jewellery, which proved valid and I also thought it was interesting that she commented on the pink skirt she was buried in. Trish said Barbara never wore pink, so it was a detail that impressed her memory at her mother’s funeral.

The really interesting thing about Barbara was her resourcefulness. She did things no other spirit has tried during a reading before. I felt her around at my right ear, trying to activate clairaudience. It even got my ear ringing briefly but was, unfortunately, ineffective. Still, I admired her effort. I also kept getting goosebumps with Barbara, which hasn’t occurred with other spirits during readings. I feel that she was trying some kind of tactile form of communication. This makes me aware that she wasn’t 100% happy with the way the communication was occurring and rightly so, as mind links entail a greater level of interpretation on the medium and sitter’s part.

Trish had had an experience where a medium in a shop had approached her shortly after Barbara’s death and told her there was important information her mother wanted her to know. Trish, therefore, asked me to ask her mum what that was about. When I did, she showed me a key and a lock. I reported this to Trish who then said she thought her mum had been trying to tell her about jewellery in a safety deposit box. I asked Barbara if she’d be prepared to communicate that to Trish in a dream and she agreed she’d do that.

The other interesting thing about Barbara was she chose to stand on my left/Trish’s right, the place where I typically see males. Trish felt this was because she was undisputed head of the family. And why not?

Margaret:
We moved across to Trish’s mother-in-law, Margaret. While Barbara died 8 years ago, Margaret only died this year. Reading for Margaret was much easier than Barbara had been. I suspect it is because she was possibly more open and warm but it may have been because her death was more recent or she felt a strong need to make first contact or chatting with Barbara had honed my communication or I was more similar to Margaret than Barbara. All is speculation at this stage.

I described her as very thin, with a prominent, boney chin, grey haired, stooped back, which all checked out.

Margaret felt tremendous gratitude for what was done at her funeral. She showed me (I could feel it too) a bowl with a candle in it. Trish explained that they dried the petals from the flowers and put them in such bowls around a candle. Since Margaret blended easily I was able to feel and convey her strong gratitude. She also referenced the beautiful music (Trish sang Margaret’s favourite song at the funeral) and that she liked the patent leather shoes Trish wore (I thought she was saying they were hers at first). Apparently, Margaret was always complimenting Trish, something I picked up intuitively. When Trish told me that Margaret always said she loved Trish’s curly hair, I got a very strong sense of agreement. In fact, I could feel Margaret’s tremendous affection for Trish, which is always nice for the medium!

The really interesting thing Margaret did, however, was comment on a conversation P and Trish had been having the previous evening. She was saying that S, Trish’s son, is like P. Apparently, P had been saying how his son was not like him and Trish had disagreed. It appears P was outnumbered, two women to one man on that one! Then she talked about other family members, including mentioning a “James”. There is a James and the comment apparently made sense. Yay for getting names!

Margaret also seemed pretty pleased that she had found Alli, the little dog that she had given as a gift to P and Trish and that had passed over some years ago. She was also pretty cagey when Trish asked if she had interfered with the data projector when, against her express wishes, they had chosen to show photos at the funeral. Her response was, “That would be telling,” and a good deal of laughter.

Trish has agreed to write a testimonial, so I look forward to seeing what impression the reading made on her. She did send me a text saying she couldn’t stop thinking about it and she also stopped her car, passing me as I walked my dog today, and said that Paul had been very moved when she told him what had transpired.

Reading 8 – Lana

I tried to read for my cousin Lana on Skype but this one was a total bust. I think failures can be instructive and the only way to become unafraid of them is to encounter them boldly. Still, it’s always hard to pin down what went wrong.

I initially felt/heard reference to our Aunt Rose; which was accurate as Lana had just spoken to her for the first time in about 18 months. That was the sum of my success.

The fact that Lana has written three books with much intimate detail about her life made it difficult because I knew too much. Lana felt the difficulty was in being blood relations. I thought it could be that I had lamb for lunch and my husband and son were adamant it was because we were using Skype. I hope G and H are wrong because my next reading is on Skype!

Reading 9- James

This Skype reading went nowhere. It was fun chatting with James in America, however – lovely person.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Experiencer
I find this too to be honest. I am able to provide comforting readings in-person, but when I try to do Skype/Phone readings, it doesn't connect well for me. Email readings I've had some accuracy, but yeah, it's confusing to me still. Still developing though! :)

I take Mentorship training and our next 6 month of 'courses' actually goes into readings through Skype/phone, so I'll be interested to see what I've been 'missing' with this :)
Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Administrator
I used to be a phone reader I never had any problem connecting with people it depends on your experience.

Namaste
Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Donna

So, how do you get around the block? I know rationally that it should make no difference but it does.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:41 AM
Master
Hmmm yeah, this is a belief system block. I've developed it around healing to an extent though all the first healing I did were profound and to people I'd not met in foreign countries. Now days I feel I need the person to be in person for energy healing. I suspect its a secret desire for human contact, eye-to-eye and be able to hug them afterwards. :)

Remote readings are not a problem though in fact I tap in so quickly often that I feel their body as my own, meaning if they have a headache or back ache our conversation may start as "Have you had that head ache for long?"
LOL

So maybe in a state of 100% honesty and non-judgment dig into your brain around doing remote readings nada se what's there, where's that little jiggle that whispers 'this can't be done?'. Pull it out in the Light and examine it, determine if its True and if it serves you. If not discard it.