Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 20-09-2020, 11:12 PM
Master
Question 1st Try Reading a Photo - I Bombed

Hello All!

I'm back on the forum after a long absence, so I posted what I've been up to in the Welcome thread. :)

Presently I'm working on my further developing my clairs as well as my connection to spirit and tried my hand at reading a photo (of someone who's passed) to see what I might be able to pick up. This was my very first time attempting this.

Well, I couldn't have been more 'off'. Like unbelievably.

What concerns me is not that I didn't connect, but that I had info & images come to me that clearly weren't from spirit.. This, even tho' I'd cleared, grounded & was meditating for quite a bit, and felt like I my energy was in the right place.

What was this? My ego? Hypnogogic images? If I couldn't connect I would expect to get nothing... not thoughts & images of my own.

I just really wonder what happened here.

Anyone have any thoughts or who might be able to share an experience they had that was similar?

Thanks in advance!

Blessings!

Ravens_Light / Previously known as EarthMamma
Old 21-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Ravens Light,

Welcome back to the forum, its a pleasure to meet you.

Do you use tarot cards? I do ancestry readings with tarot every now and than. It helps me a bit to narrow down unwanted thoughts. It also helps validate some images that come to mind.

I find oracle cards are also good to use for ancestry readings
Old 21-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Experiencer
i knew nothing of mediumship when ii was kid my uncle took me to see his mother she wanted the old organ getting rid of he started breaking it up i noticed some old photos on the side board one of a really old lady an old winter hat with a dark thick coat i never enquired to who it was as my uncle Norman was busy breaking the rest of the organ up a shame i love the sound it made when it came alive when you pumped those pedals superb but no they wanted rid of it and i was just a little kid. we lived in my uncles house you could not get council property in them days it was a fifteen year wait the one i was playing in the darkened passageway the light was on the other end but i was still scared to pass along that one section there was stairway to end of the passageway and a cellar door i always aware of this but it did not bother me as the light was on i crawled down on the floor to get past the cellar and the stairs but i look around at the cellar door for a second and there was this old woman staring at me same as the one in the photo i was not scared at first but as i looked her up and down i noticed her shoes was not touching the floor i screamed the house down my mother came running i kept shouting there's ghost there and would not look at first my said son there's nothing there as i started to look she was right it had gone as i got older it happened now and then appearing in my bedroom somebody else on the street even in the hospital when i think back about it would not been to bad if they spoke to me but they just stared with no emotion that's how i now they were not of this world so what i am saying expect the expected and look for them they generally appear when your least expecting it when your logical snaps in they disappear
Old 21-09-2020, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hi Ravens Light,

Do you use tarot cards? I do ancestry readings with tarot every now and than. It helps me a bit to narrow down unwanted thoughts. It also helps validate some images that come to mind.

Hi Clover!

Thank you for warm welcome back.. :)

Yes, I use tarot cards & have used oracle cards in the past ~ all with great success.

This is a wonderful idea to help with unwanted thoughts. I hadn't even considered it as a way to validate the images I receive as well ~ thank you!

In thinking on it more, I wondered if maybe I was picking up on a totally different spirit.

Have you ever intended on connecting with a certain spirit and heard from a totally different one?

Thank you for your wonderful suggestions!
Old 21-09-2020, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
i knew nothing of mediumship when ii was kid my uncle took me to see his mother she wanted the old organ getting rid of he started breaking it up i noticed some old photos on the side board one of a really old lady an old winter hat with a dark thick coat i never enquired to who it was as my uncle Norman was busy breaking the rest of the organ up a shame i love the sound it made when it came alive when you pumped those pedals superb but no they wanted rid of it and i was just a little kid. we lived in my uncles house you could not get council property in them days it was a fifteen year wait the one i was playing in the darkened passageway the light was on the other end but i was still scared to pass along that one section there was stairway to end of the passageway and a cellar door i always aware of this but it did not bother me as the light was on i crawled down on the floor to get past the cellar and the stairs but i look around at the cellar door for a second and there was this old woman staring at me same as the one in the photo i was not scared at first but as i looked her up and down i noticed her shoes was not touching the floor i screamed the house down my mother came running i kept shouting there's ghost there and would not look at first my said son there's nothing there as i started to look she was right it had gone as i got older it happened now and then appearing in my bedroom somebody else on the street even in the hospital when i think back about it would not been to bad if they spoke to me but they just stared with no emotion that's how i now they were not of this world so what i am saying expect the expected and look for them they generally appear when your least expecting it when your logical snaps in they disappear

Greetings, Briam!

Gosh, that was quite an experience to have, and as a child! Thank you for sharing your experience and your thoughts!
Old 21-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Experiencer
thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens_Light
Greetings, Briam!

Gosh, that was quite an experience to have, and as a child! Thank you for sharing your experience and your thoughts!

thankyou for that memories flood back sometimes of your childhood not always in the order you want but i strongly believe they can provide information to others that are aspiring to train as a psychic or medium or just experience what its like
Old 21-09-2020, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
thankyou for that memories flood back sometimes of your childhood not always in the order you want but i strongly believe they can provide information to others that are aspiring to train as a psychic or medium or just experience what its like

Thank you, Briam. I know what you mean... At times I believe we act as each other's angels. I really appreciate you taking the time to share!
Old 24-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hi Ravens Light,

Hi, which kind of book or website could I read that would help me to understand how to do ancestry readings with tarot?
Old 25-09-2020, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Hello

Was the information "off" or was it just not put forth in the right way to be understood ? I have had this seem to happen, but at a short later date it all made sense to the person getting the message. At times we get a spirit over lap where one comes in over the other but there is a relation.

Does ego play a role in a reading I know you so I would say no in your case. More your questioning what you got and in that your brain is over riding your intuition that is that pure gut feeling that is outside the brains logic center.

When I do a picture reading I will often go to other divination tools at hand as well to make things a bit clearer and help that spirit communicate more.

We have to remember that while we are "looking" for one spirit there are many out there that will be an awww that you can sense them and want in as well to communicate. This is where we can ask for our Guides to help filter thins out a bit and give us a clearer pathway.

Lynn

I will start a thread on an experience I had.
Old 26-09-2020, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelgrim_2020
Hi, which kind of book or website could I read that would help me to understand how to do ancestry readings with tarot?

Greetings, Pelgrim... I see you're relatively new to the forum - so welcome!

I'm sorry I can't really answer your question.. Perhaps someone will chime in, or you might check out the Tarot & Oracle Cards forum here if you haven't already done so. Blessings on your journey!