Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 02-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello to all who have replied! The outpouring is tremendous and has deeply touched my heart! Let me start by saying that I am 100% committed to keeping the site going. I am also very happy to keep paying the hosting fees. Donations are always lovely and welcomed, but please don't feel pressured at all. I don't mind covering all the costs where that is concerned. The most important thing for me is to sustain the site---which is clearly a beloved safe, educational, inspirational, and supportive place for so many.

I was telling admin that even if just a handful of people remain as time goes on, I'm realising SF live would remain a valued place. Sometimes just knowing "home" is there, even if you can't visit all the time, that is enough. In my heart, I feel Matt would agree. He was a very sentimental person---he saved little momentos, special books and letters. He had a very poetic, deep heart. Being back on the site, I start remembering that all over again. It would feel devastating to close down a place that has touched so many hearts.

I know there will be a lot of communication and work needed amongst the very dedicated admin, but please know I am supporting the site staying live and am very happy to continue the financial support for the desktop version we currently have. There has been some talk about creating a mobile-friendly version as well, and it is my understanding this is very expensive. Perhaps it won't be possible or even necessary. But even if we can only afford to maintain what currently is, I believe most would be ecstatic about that. Knowing how many people love this site, my heart would feel so much better continuing the effort to keep it here.

Thank you all for reaching out and expressing your love!
I feel so honoured to have been a part of all of this. I feel your emotion. The outpouring of love in Matt's memory. Those of us that can, will do all we can to help. With money...strength..support... And most of all LOVE...X
Old 02-08-2020, 07:51 PM
Master
I only just seen this 15 mins ago - I think this would be an opportunity to fully redesign this site, bring it up to ultra modern standards - there are 1000's of short of work web designer out there, young ones with energy to get it looking right, who would do this for a 'fair price' and make it the 'bees knees' of websites - sometimes things happen on our journeys to make us sit back and 'think' - I said this before who says Matt's website can't survive for a 1000 yrs... a few less pages would be good, and more up to date and more user friendly... And many people here will support cash wise if needed.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 02-08-2020, 07:56 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-light
I only just seen this 15 mins ago - I think this would be an opportunity to fully redesign this site, bring it up to ultra modern standards - there are 1000's of short of work web designer out there, young ones who would do this for a 'fair price' and make it the 'bees knees' of websites - sometimes things happen on our journeys to make us sit back and 'think' - I said this before who says Matt's website can't survive for a 1000 yrs... a few less pages would be good, and more up to date and more user friendly...

Thank you for this. Lynn and other admin would appreciate any information about this---any recommendations anyone might have....and cost estimates.

Even if we can only afford to keep the site in the current version, it would be worth it for so many. I can see that so clearly now reading all of these posts.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree with one-light, I know the admin don’t want to change anything here as this is the way Matt originally made it. but I think he’d be happy to know it lived on and outgrew its server and changed with the times so it will keep the community we already have here but be accessible for new people who are just beginning their spiritual path and are looking for community too.

As others have said this site has been invaluable to me in many ways, I’m not as active as I once was but I’ve met so many people here and feel supported and safe in ways that’s rare elsewhere on the internet. Like others have also said there’s nothing quite like this forum, neither one Facebook or Reddit or other forums. This one is truly unique and I believe in that vein of uniqueness an update would be very much keeping in line with that.

I know about hosting websites as I learned from a parent who was a website designer, that said my experience with forums is nil but $90 a month sounds a lot to me to host one. It may be that a different server is needed, with more ergonomic prices and updated bandwidth (let’s be honest everyone knows the struggles of “server is busy”!). Also, I always had the impression apps didn’t cost that much, I think if you use a site theme that is already designed to be compatible with mobile it should integrate easily.

There was something else I meant to add but I have to be going now, maybe it’ll come back to me later. I am in favour of the site staying open that said I totally understand if it’s unable or the admins decide it’s not right
Old 02-08-2020, 08:05 PM
Legrand

Hello annonafox,

If my opinion means something. The format to me is not important. What is really important is the content.

And I only see the Spirit in the content of what is said on this Forum.

Regards.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Thanks for deciding to carry on.

As a gesture of gratitude I'll make a small donation (probably about $100) in the next few days - stating it publicly so I have to follow through.

Thanks to you again and to all staff for the work you do.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:17 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello to all who have replied! The outpouring is tremendous and has deeply touched my heart! Let me start by saying that I am 100% committed to keeping the site going. I am also very happy to keep paying the hosting fees. Donations are always lovely and welcomed, but please don't feel pressured at all. I don't mind covering all the costs where that is concerned. The most important thing for me is to sustain the site---which is clearly a beloved safe, educational, inspirational, and supportive place for so many.

I was telling admin that even if just a handful of people remain as time goes on, I'm realising SF live would remain a valued place. Sometimes just knowing "home" is there, even if you can't visit all the time, that is enough. In my heart, I feel Matt would agree. He was a very sentimental person---he saved little momentos, special books and letters. He had a very poetic, deep heart. Being back on the site, I start remembering that all over again. It would feel devastating to close down a place that has touched so many hearts.

I know there will be a lot of communication and work needed amongst the very dedicated admin, but please know I am supporting the site staying live and am very happy to continue the financial support for the desktop version we currently have. There has been some talk about creating a mobile-friendly version as well, and it is my understanding this is very expensive. Perhaps it won't be possible or even necessary. But even if we can only afford to maintain what currently is, I believe most would be ecstatic about that. Knowing how many people love this site, my heart would feel so much better continuing the effort to keep it here.

Thank you all for reaching out and expressing your love!

God bless you.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Master
What an interesting turn of events!

It would be more amusing if the admins decided to keep it open but didn't say anything about it until Oct 1. Like everyone says their good-byes then the admins announce that they are just kidding the whole time and the forum is staying open.

I know i would be happy regardless of whether the forum stays open or not but if i had to vote, i'd vote to keep it open.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Master
annonafox ... I think there will be many web designer on here that can give it a ''proper'' 'freshen up' for a low/fair cost - a nice coloring for peoples's 'delicate to light' eyes on here - lets see if any offers come.

I have been in the web design industry since 1999, but coming to the end of my career in IT - my years now are to help people 'power of the mind' etc - so its now way out of my league, big site this to redevelop and maybe slim it slightly, my opinion... Lets see what offers come in to you through these messages - I know of 2 younger web designers who have messaged offering help already regarding this site, and many more I reckon on here when they see you need assistance with anything design wise...

If I was you running such a big site with 'so many' people looking on, and I wanted it refreshing, bringing up to 2020 standards and beyond - I'd be tempted to put a thread on 'a new website to be designed' any thoughts people in IT and offers to do it....... And obviously very important 'what have they designed before' and how much, doesn't need to be anywhere near as big as it is at the moment, its massive this site, get lost in it... Just my thoughts on it all... See who sees this thread and message and if any interest comes to give ideas... Sometimes someone just says the right thing at the right moment, makes such a difference, so you could see if any offers come - might give you all a boost there in the office a fresh looking site, same regular people, and new people...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=136422

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 02-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
The Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, was one of the largest and most significant libraries of the ancient world. The Library was part of a larger research institution called the Mouseion, which was dedicated to the Muses, the nine goddesses of the arts. The loss of the ancient world's single greatest archive of knowledge, the Library of Alexandria, has been lamented for ages. The books at the library were divided into the following subjects: rhetoric, law, epic, tragedy, comedy, lyric poetry, history, medicine, mathematics, natural science, and miscellaneous. The library is believed to have housed between 200,000 and 700,000 books, divided between two library branches. It is said that it burned a couples of times actually and I won't go further in detail with this. The real tragedy of course is not the uncertainty of knowing who to blame for the Library's destruction but that so much of ancient history, literature and learning was lost forever. If you have seen the movie Black Panther with that realm of Wakanda... I think that world could have been our world right now, if all that knowledge would have not been lost.

And so... there were great things going on in the world back then when all these books and scrolls were written, just like all these threads and comments being made here. In the process, we learn, grow, help each other and so on, just as those people from 2000 years ago have researched everything and wrote it down. They did it because they know it has a build up effect, one thing leads to another, future generations will always be smarter than previous generations because everything is already ready for the new ones and it is their duty to keep climbing.

And the legacy of this forum that is left behind is not just an experience, but it is the spiritual modern version of Library of Alexandria. We should think of the future generations as well, those that right now are falling into a dark path, and one day they can end up on one of the posts of this forum, then browse around, make an account, and join the big family and use it as a crutch or an escape or a help or a guide or an unmatched knowledge source,.. endless reasons. There is no other place like this and there will not be, because this forum already has a certain vibe that when people join it, they understand it and just blend in. I was struggling to understand shadow work meditation few years ago, I did read articles and watched videos, but it wasn't until I found a thread on this forum with people who talked about it, that made me finally have an a-ha moment.

I could have gone in circles for a long time if it wasn't for this forum. We all know the impact it has on all our lives, but this impact will never end if it will keep being up forever, as new generations will come, and all the talks will become more refined as people who learn things from here will grow as parents and is rare to find parents these days to know many of the things being discussed in this forum. And with such parents, their children will be way more aware of a lot of things, and so it keeps growing from generation to generation. I think SF mission is just beginning.

I recommend a gofundme project and it could raise enough money to keep it stress free for a long time.

PS I received the explanation that the other admins do not want to sell it because it is immoral to sell it since it isn't their forum, but it was Matt's. They also cannot just give it away randomly to someone as maybe that someone might sell it. And to destroy all the forum data instead is also even worse in my opinion. Sure, they could sell it and open a foundation in Matt's name. Send missionaries all over the world who can teach meditation in schools, kindergardens.. do something in Matt's name. But this is also not what is going to happen. Then what? Is simply... trust! Choose trust, and not randomly. It takes years to form relations, and I am sure the admins can always promote some mods into admins, and some users into mods. The whole forum would be managed by multiple people, and always other people will pop up and take the place. Can something guarantee that in 60 years from now on it will not be sold? No. But will it be worth? To be online for this long.. to have such a great impact on the world and on so many people's lives. I know the answer. We all do.

This is such a BEAUTIFUL way of putting this. This forum has meant a lot to me over the years. I joined it when I just graduated from high school about ten years ago and I was only just beginning my spiritual and life journey. I've popped in and out over the years and finally returned to it earlier this year. The pandemic made me start reflecting on what in my life has brought me meaning and happiness, and this was one of those things. So, I had to come back. Now to hear that the forums are ending is absolutely devastating. I would love to help any way that I can as well. I've made so many friends on these forums, this is truly a special corner of the internet.