Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 28-04-2020, 02:26 AM
Lepus

Hello

Regarding the topic of this thread I'd say for beginners starting this path I'd recommend to take notes. Start by writing down the correspondences of the days of the week; the colors; the moon phases. Include visualization exercises. And know how to ground and shield. Meditate daily for twenty to thirty minutes and gradually add more minutes. Connect with the four Elements. Know how to consecrate. Finally, practice how to cast and close a circle including how to invoke and dismiss the four quarters.

Lepus
Old 01-05-2020, 02:31 PM
Knower

Mostly Anubis and sekhmet.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Lepus

Hello

Thanks for sharing. I always had an interest in Egyptian gods and goddesss in particular to Anubis, Thoth and Bastet. And also had an interest, even today, about the vampires in ancient Egypt. I have a book in my possession that goes into detail about the order of Aset Ka - Vampirism. It's a grimoire that contains magick and other occult knowledge wrapped in Asetian wisdom that goes into detail on how to open or rekindle the Violet Flame. It's pretty advanced from what I've gathered. I'll give it a read some time in the future when I'm ready.

Lepus
Old 28-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Pathfinder

Learning wicca

Hi I am reading all I can on Wicca and pagan and also magical herbs. I love learning about the natural earth. I feel so strong and have the full pull on this and also my dad was in the freemasons until he passed away
I hope one day to meet a group of special people to share talks with.
😁🖤🖤🖤
Tracey
Old 06-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Lepus

Hello tracey10,

I've seen several masonic lodges not too far from my place with their logo imprinted on the buildings. Apparently, the letter G stands for Geometry under the Great Architect of the Universe. I suppose anyone can enter since it's in the public eye but assuming there will be prerequisites possibly fees before joining. I even wanted to enter myself but I didn't. Strangely enough the place looked empty. No cars or anyone outside the lodge. But I did a quick google search on what to expect within the building - assuming they're all similarly designed - the images I've seen reminds me of a ceremonial room to conduct rituals.

Lepus
Old 04-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Newbie ;)

This seems like an appropriate thread for my questions & observations, definitely from a beginner's perspective. Full disclosure: I have only been researching Wicca for a short period of time, but have given myself lots of time to ruminate about my take on what I've read.

One of the things I've done as I've gone along is looked at Wicca as 'just another religion' -- by this, I mean having a basic tenet of Belief In A Higher Power/Being, and by this meaning no disrespect. While it's interesting to learn about new subjects, this seems to be one of those things where there's a difference between 'knowing about something' and ' holding beliefs and taking deliberate actions to occupy parts of your day.' Making this a part of your life, if one accepts that as a tenet. In that regard, I see a sameness between Wicca and any other given religion -- one can know about it, or one can make it a central part of one's life (and any degree in-between). I've mentioned it elsewhere, but here I'll restate: I've never held enough belief in any religion or higher power to a degree such that I made its practices a significant part of my life.

So, it'd be fair to say I'm coming at this with only the most casual interest and no feeling of excited enthusiasm...yet. At this point in time, I don't see my level of interest changing, but that's a judgement on me and not Wicca. I do hold respect for it as a valid system of belief.

I'm struggling a bit to understand the spells aspect. Christianity (with which I'm most familiar) has rituals and practices encouraged and/or dictated (prayer, confession, the sacrament, church/Mass attendance, etc.). I think spells fall roughly into the same category: purifying sacred spaces or oneself, honoring the beings one holds belief in, healing -- I have to admit I'm too ignorant to understand their purpose, but we are talking about a wide variety of intents. Of course, I do know enough to roll my eyes at Hollywood or books of fiction.

Having said that, one can grab a 'book of spells' and play around gleefully, but without belief, eventually one may become tired of the 'playacting.' I have one friend who did drop the practices because she came to see no real purpose anymore.

So, what am I asking here? Am I asking ANYthing? I think so, but I might already have my own answer. This is it, baldly: what are spells for? I suspect there must be some belief underpinning them, and they have many different purposes, but WHY would a practicing Wiccan (need to) perform them?