Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 16-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I don't care that the church approved it or not. Maybe they didn't because it does go against what they teach.

Okay.

What about the following 'scripture'?

“Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.”

I have no issues with that 'scripture' but at the same time I know it is not canonized and it is offensive to some Christians even though it was written by a 'black Pope'.

That is why I wrote the source of your cited scriptures and I mentioned the scriptures were not canonized.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Okay.

“Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.”

I have no issues with that 'scripture' but at the same time I know it is not canonized and it is offensive to some Christians even though it was written by a 'black Pope'.

That is why I wrote the source of your cited scriptures and I mentioned the scriptures were not canonized.

This is an interfaith section of the forum.

It is my faith to believe in it, to have realized many of the truths within it. You or anyone finding it offensive, is called intolerance of others beliefs. Look within instead of trying to silence or change others.

I disagree with your quote which is from the Satanic Bible.

Pretty outrageous comparison.

If you have trouble understand anything in the GOT please let me know.. it's meaning is far from anything in the satanic bible.
Old 16-03-2020, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Okay.

OMG, now that's an eyeopener, the Satanic Bible being called a Scripture. You will know them by their fruits comes to mind....
Old 16-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
This is an interfaith section of the forum.

It is my faith to believe in it, to have realized many of the truths within it. You or anyone finding it offensive, is called intolerance of others beliefs. Look within instead of trying to silence or change others.

I disagree with your quote which is from the Satanic Bible.

Pretty outrageous comparison.

If you have trouble understand anything in the GOT please let me know.. it's meaning is far from anything in the satanic bible.

Amazing how things blow up. If you read what I wrote, I never said anything was offensive so I am not sure where you are coming from by claiming what I wrote "is called intolerance of others beliefs".

If you noticed, you cited some scriptures without stating where they came from. I cited the source ... no big deal.

I mentioned that 'scripture' from the Satanic Bible to emphasis the point that if we quote something, it might be 'nice' to cite the source. Citing the source can be looked at it as a courtesy. This way we are 'all on the same page'.

There is no reason for anybody to get upset.

If you feel I was insensitive and intolerant of your beliefs, I am sorry.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-03-2020, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Amazing how things blow up. If you read what I wrote, I never said anything was offensive so I am not sure where you are coming from by claiming what I wrote "is called intolerance of others beliefs".

If you noticed, you cited some scriptures without stating where they came from. I cited the source ... no big deal.

I mentioned that 'scripture' from the Satanic Bible to emphasis the point that if we quote something, it might be 'nice' to cite the source. Citing the source can be looked at it as a courtesy. This way we are 'all on the same page'.

There is no reason for anybody to get upset.

If you feel I was insensitive and intolerant of your beliefs, I am sorry.

Your right, I should have provided the source. My mistake.. easier next time to just ask me to update with the source..
Old 16-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Your right, I should have provided the source. My mistake.. easier next time to just ask me to update with the source..

I hope some day we meet up.

Coffee, or whatever is on me.

Old 17-03-2020, 01:05 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
You are correct and it is beyond description.

Just common terms to help people understand.

The Mother is often in reference to energy, the creation aspect.. just like the Mother gives birth and life.

When you realize the two are one you realize the light or emptiness.

22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom." They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?" Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Thanks for the Book of the simple Way.
Quote:
******************PANTHEOS*****************
There z's a Power Divine witht'n the Heart of Things,
Which clrcumvents the universe of worlds, and brings
The Soul of all created things lo .final good.,·
Wht'ch, ages gone, dt'd take existence where it stood,
And slowly fashz'on'd z'I to something pure and faz'r,-
Though good in their beginnings all creations were.,·
Yet growing better still, and last of all supreme,
Th' intense superlative of Nature's pure extreme.
This Power dz'vine z's bodied forth in him whose soul,
Reflecting Good z'tself, doth comprehend the whole
Of less petfected tht'ngs, wherdn the Light divine,
Though hid by darker veil, hath never ceased to shine.,·
By which all wilt at length but sure resolved be
To something good as great, secure as it is free:
Will be resolv'd again, ere Time its course hath run
To where in Being's dawn z'ts circle had begun.,·
And Earth and errant Man, and Heaven and That divine,
Like .fibres of one heart will blend and intertwine.

This piece of writing hooked me like a hungry bass.
Old 17-03-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Thanks for the Book of the simple Way.

This piece of writing hooked me like a hungry bass.

Some good stuff in the beginning of that book.
Old 17-03-2020, 06:31 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Some good stuff in the beginning of that book.

Got to pg. 50

Quote:
"First of all empty yourself of
everything, give yourself over to the inevitable, and go back
Home in peace." Secondly, he says, " Having done this, .you
will be preserved, you will be enlightened, will be great of soul,
a king, a celestial being, and finally will become at one with
Tao."

Thought this was a gem.
Old 17-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Got to pg. 50 Thought this was a gem.
Yes, important part and shows the difference between Taoism and Hinduism.