Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-09-2020, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Contact when the Person has no Passed Yet

Hello

There is that fine line it seems at times between what is life and what is death and where we are at with it all. Its process to pass and it takes time and a tole on the physical body. At times someone seems to hang on just long enough for family to make it to their side. Other times they choose to leave when you step out for air or a coffee. Then you feel that guilt of leaving.

There are times when a person that is on that edge of death will reach out to a Medium and make that contact via a family member before they pass over. I have always wondered if that connection is so that someone is there to make sure they go safely over or to bridge some sort of connection to those passed over before them to meet them crossing.

I had this situation at work, someone I work with came to me saying she was going away for a month, and I so felt her Mom come to me. I said its OK your Mom is ready. As she knows well whom and what I am she wanted to know if I would feel her "Mom" even though she had not passed. Oh did I ever feel her, I was so covered in Goose Skin. She made it just in time to say bye to her Mom. Sadly a Son went a few month earlier.

I have the feeling she connected to me to make sure her Son knew she was coming along soon.

I have always wondered what part of the person that has not yet died reaches out or have they started to leave and are just not free of the cord of the physical.

What I never do is predict that the passing will come. That is a process in much higher hands.

What are your thoughts on this process we call death?

Lynn
Old 05-09-2020, 11:46 AM
Master

I believe that a person has his soul, his astral body, his auras. If death comes fast the souls parts with the body and enters the aether, the spirit world that surrounds our physical world. The freed soul can linger there on this side of the Great Veil, until it finds its gateway through the Veil to the reception area. I like to think of it as a huge airport; you are checked in, maybe met by friends and family, your baggage is lost, and eventually you get to go elsewhere, hopefully some place where you wanted to go in the first place.

If your death is slow it starts like Lynn describes, the soul know that it is time before your conscious mind do. However I don't think the soul leaves; it just reaches out and makes preparements like saying goodbye.

I saw my grandmother die at the age of 80. Over a period of months. Senility had started before she was admitted to the nursing home and was taking more and more over. The last month there was little more than a shell; a body worn out, not eating, not drinking. One of the last things she actually said while actually conscious and present, was that she was ready to die. When she got pneumonia the nursing home only gave her pain reducing treatment, knowing she would die soon. But there was nothing left to live for. I am sure her soul rejoiced when it got to leave. Her old house is now my cabin and I see her in the corner of my eyes often when I am there. She is always smiling.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Legrand

For a lot of souls that just died, it takes "time" just to realize they are dead.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Guide
This post makes me cry!

In 2017, my aunt died from lung cancer. About a year before she died I started to have dreams about her. And in every dream she would ask me to lead her somewhere. I was always confused, because I didn't consciously know how to do what she was asking, or even understand what she was asking.

Three months before she died I had a dream (which I remember almost vividly) that she was leading me through this house-like structure. We circled that structure over and over again...we went through one door and out another, many times over. Each time we went through a door and through the 'house' we saw someone different from her life. Twice, her husband tried to stop us. Once, he told her to slow down and rest, but she said now that she could walk again, she wasn't going to stop moving. The second time she said that we couldn't stop because we had things to do, and I was taking her to her father. After that, I stopped her and asked her why she told him that because I had no idea what I was doing. She turned to me for the first time, and she said: "Of course, you know what you're doing. Thank you for helping me find my father. Thank you for leading me all this time. We're here. Thank for taking me home." After that, she hugged me. And, of course, I woke up before I could answer. I didn't have a dream about her again until about three weeks before she died...

Three weeks before she died, she came to live with us, and I took care of her. It was quite honestly the most painful experience of my life, emotionally and physically. I was sick too...in the worst pain I'd ever been in, but I didn't care cause nothing would stop me from taking care of her. However, this could also be attributed to a bit of a guilty conscience for not really being able to be there for her throughout her battle.

On the third (The number 3, I know ) night of her stay, I had a dream that she'd passed away and her brothers and sisters had a meeting in my living room to talk about their disbelief at her death, as they all struggled to get past it. I told her about this dream (I always told her about my dreams), and she gave me the saddest look of alarm (if that's possible). Then, she asked me if I thought that meant she would die soon. I started to admit that I could feel it was true, but then I could feel her overwhelming fear and sadness, so I couldn't go on with my explanation. I couldn't...I lied to her and told her it was a dream of nonsense and that I believed with all my heart that she would be fine. Every day, I was haunted by the truth. I could see her slipping away, but I thought that giving her the utmost care would give her a fighting chance.

I didn't see her before she died, I couldn't...But after she was buried, I had another dream about her. She was leading me again, showing me where she was staying temporarily, telling me where she was going, introducing me to others who were 'staying' there too, and assuring me that she was excited and happy...

This topic touches me in ways I cannot describe. Thank you for posting it, Lynn. I'm sure others will have something more valuable and coherent to add.