Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-03-2024, 02:30 AM
Master
Musings

The word “occult” is highly misunderstood; it merely means that which is hidden in plain sight. In the medical field occult means something that is not readily seen or is not readily visible. But in common English language it refers to the “supernatural.”

My Qabbalistic studies bought me in contact with Rosicrucian’s and Theosophical practices; all three of these groups were involved in metaphysical and alchemical perspectives. One of the themes was that of “true magic.”

The teaching was that the science, and art, of true magic could be found in uncovering seemingly hidden relationships. When you find the relationship between things what you do with that relationship might seem miraculous to others who are not aware of those relationships.

It is a common theme in spirituality that all things are connected; that there is a oneness of being. This premise puts everything in contact with everything else. To perceive the relationship between things in metaphysics is called “practical occultism.” With the knowledge of relationships we can perform seemingly magical things in our lives.

In my opinion there is no such thing as “luck,” and coincidence just means when things coincide or come together. Everything in physical existence came from something which had already existed. Human beings come from their parents, who already existed, and all of our inventions, things we create, are an extension of ourselves.

All religions, in some way, are connected to something which came before them. Nothing is original, nothing stands alone. Everything is either an adaptation, extension, or reaction, to something which came before. Actual magic is the practice of uncovering hidden relationships. If all is one then everything is relating, or reflecting, everything else. Of course there are people who do not believe in a oneness of being.

When something happens to me I can trace it back to something I thought, said, felt, or a way that I acted. In my opinion this is the relationship between my expressions and what I experience. For me they are one and the same. Relationships are one of the most important things on this planet, and the relationship which we have with ourselves does effect other people, as well as ourselves.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:36 AM
Master
In my opinion this is the relationship between my expressions and what I experience. For me they are one and the same. Relationships are one of the most important things on this planet, and the relationship which we have with ourselves does affect other people, as well as ourselves- Starman

That is truly the crux of it all. Develop a deep intimate relationship with yourself and it ripples outwardly towards all life, not just people but all life we are all connected to and should be responsible towards.

My partner was chatting about my relationship with life around me and he made mention he wishes he could develop this reality/energy of being. We spoke about what he feels is missing for him. In contemplating my question, he naturally was looking outside of himself in the ‘doing’ of more. I noticed where he wasn’t looking.

The next day, I gave him some magical insights about ‘slowness’ how everything can open and shift in slowness. I think he understood, but consciously moving in that way is great practice which I’m reminded constantly within myself to undertake in ways I too can develop more so. 😉
Old 05-03-2024, 07:44 AM
Master

Starman and JustBe. I found these two posts to be very interesting and I really enjoyed your comments. They really resonated for me. So thank you.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Starman and JustBe. I found these two posts to be very interesting and I really enjoyed your comments. They really resonated for me. So thank you.

You are always very gracious in your comments towards others here redchic.

Thank you.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:43 AM
Master
JustBe, a wonderful insight which you shared about the relationship with your partner. Yes, the relationship which we have with all of life, and all of life includes the relationship which we have with this planet that we call “Earth.”

Our relationship with animals and insects, as well as our relationship with the universe. In my opinion, all of these relationships come back to the relationship which we have with ourselves. How we relate to ourselves have implications on how we relate to others and life in general. Relationships are connections, including the connection we may have with ourselves.

Some time ago it was suggested for people who had trouble building relationships, they might start with a rock, and back then some people in the U.S. had a “pet rock” which they developed a relationship with, then moving to an affinity towards plant life, trees, etc. Back then tree hugging was popular. Gaining sensitivity along the way, then moving to insects and animals, and then people. This was a process which came out of the 1980’s.

Thank you for your sharing.

Redchic12, I want to acknowledge how supportive you have been of my comments, and I feel a lot of love coming from you. You say few words but the love you share is tremendous.

Bless you my sister
Old 05-03-2024, 09:47 AM
Administrator
I can see a lot of differences and similarities in both posts I remember people having a pet rock,
it works well with some children with Attachment issues
my nieces daughter is one of them, she started with a pebble of the beach she would decorate it and she carried it everywhere,
from there she would choose something else to hold her Attention.

Namaste
Old 05-03-2024, 01:15 PM
Master

JustB andStarman……..Omg I am so touched by your words. Thank you so much!
Old 05-03-2024, 02:50 PM
Master
Drawing again on nostalgia, there was this movie called “The Gods Must Be Crazy,” it was about an Australian bushman who saw a small airplane up in the sky and did not know what it was. The person in the plane threw a bottle out of the window and it hit the bushman in the head; of course this was a fictional tale.

But the point is that this bushman did not know the relationship between the airplane and the air, or aerodynamics. Invisible forces which result in the motion of objects through air. Those invisible forces are everywhere, yet they are largely ignored by the masses. The relationship between the air and the airplane enables flight.

When we learn the relationships between things, or how things are connected, we can better utilize those things. In my opinion absolutely nothing is isolated, everything is connected to something else; even if those things seem different. Opposites are the same in nature but different in degree.

I do not believe in randomness; things are set into motion long before we might become aware of them. There is much more activity below the surface then there may be on the surface. Below the surface meaning forces, or connections, which are hidden in plain sight. Perception and insight has the ability to reveal, or discover, such forces.