Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-11-2023, 06:53 AM
Guide
God teaches us everything without even us noticing his intervention. He is so gentle that he stops immediately when
are not capable of accepting his teaching. He restarts when we are ready again. God is the most skillful and generous teacher.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:03 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Still_Waters agrees that "Still waters describe him well".

Old 08-11-2023, 08:51 AM
Guide

The problem of evil is the famous question of how to reconcile the existence of evil and suffering with an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil).

I found the following explanation to the problem of evil:
God saves one soul at a time.
The one who loves and surrenders to God, is saved by God.
Surrendering to God involves accepting to change for God (unconditionally loving God with no shape, all around and inside us).

Last edited by green1 : 08-11-2023 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2023, 08:55 PM
Master
Thank you Red and Green; Christmas colors. I take no credit for most of what I share here in this forum, as instead of my sharing coming from me it often comes through me, when I move out of the way, from somewhere else. I really don’t know anything worth knowing as I view myself as an empty shell, and when I am actually very quiet and still inside wisdom presents itself from a greater repository.

There is this saying that “still waters run deep.” It is a saying that small river boat operators used to say. They would throw a pebble in the water as they went up or down river, if the pebble made lots of ripples then the water was considered shallow. But if there were no ripples and the water remained still then it was considered deep.

I relate this to the human mind and all of its ripples, because beyond the mind and emotions there is an absolute stillness without ripples. In this world human beings tend to make lots of ripples, but that which I refer to as “God” is extremely patient, awaiting us to enter those still waters and return to the unmatched presence of God. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like that presence.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:33 AM
Master

Thank you Starman. Love the quote about ripples!

Never heard that one before.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:56 AM
Master
Hey Red, Shakespeare had a similar phrase, he said “smooth runs the water where the brook is deep.”
Old 09-11-2023, 09:56 AM
Master

Ahh never heard that one either.

There’s one that I really like and is so true imo….

An empty vessel makes the loudest noise.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:20 AM
Guide
I am having a really good time here. What a great sharing opportunity this site is! 665 people viewed this thread... Or viewed 665 times.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:34 PM
Master

Wow that’s a helluva lot of people. Didn’t realise there was so many.

I wonder why they don’t leave any comments cos it would be good to have a few more different voices added to the thread.

COME ON YOU GUYS OUT THERE, SHARE SOME OF YOUR THOUGHTS!

Mmmm that should do the job lol
Old 09-11-2023, 01:55 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
COME ON YOU GUYS OUT THERE, SHARE SOME OF YOUR THOUGHTS!

Mmmm that should do the job lol

Thanks Red!

I need comments especially on the "Problem of Evil" post guys! Find it here:

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...0&postcount=23