Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Jamblez

Spiritual block

I've always been spiritual, even as a child, and up until last year I believed in God and Jesus and i would pray every night for their blessings. I always felt a holy presence, one I assumed to be God.
But one day I got into a discussion with my partner about Christianity and I was honest and explained, although I felt this presence, I didn't agree with everything the bible says and that God loves me no matter what I believe and as long as I'm a good person he would recognise this.
And in an instant, this presence left me and I haven't felt it since.
But with this presence I also lost my spirituality, I was very into the paranormal and felt very in tune with spirit, my partner was convinced I had a spiritual gift.
I believed I had a somewhat psychic gift locked away inside my mind.
I had a connection to my crystals and I do not feel it anymore.
It's like my mind has completely closed off.
I'm even becoming skeptical, this is just not me.
I've not been the same.

Just needed to get it out there and would like to know what people think about this?

Thanks for reading
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Master
Yes we all have gifts, we only need to open them.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
I honestly don't think it's because of what you said about the religious dogma. Because "God" or the Divine Source is an infinitely loving energy, and does indeed love you, and is within you.
Much of what has been written in religious texts comes from the minds of humans. I'm afraid it does. And as such, is limited.

The Divine is always with you.

Everyone who has spiritual interests and inclinations goes through periods of what is called "dryness". This can go in cycles. With some people it's a week or two here and there -with others, it can be years in between cycles.
As far as I understand it is a natural occurrence and nothing to be unduly worried about.
In order to widen out spiritually, there are experiences which need to be gone through. In order to develop more compassion, for example, sometimes hard emotional events happen....and then sometimes we have to temporarily "lose" something in order to re-discover it again, later on a "higher arc", when maybe we have learned some other thing in addition, which we needed to complete the picture.

Was there perhaps some element of guilt about what you said (which was you saying what you truly believe)? If there was, that in itself can cause a small block. In which case, let go of the guilt, it may be only based in conditioning.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Jamblez

I always felt like I was in debt with God because I once prayed and was given a miracle.
This presence I felt was warm and calming, it gave me hope and support.
Then it vanished.
I always knew how I felt about religion, I just never spoke about it to that extent, Christianity was the closest thing I could relate to as its the only religion I was brought up with so I was made to believe it was God answering my prayers.

Maybe I'm just changing as a person, I'm not the most positive person and my mental health isn't too good at the moment.

Thank you
Old 13-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
No, God, or that Divine Presence you felt never vanished. It never went anywhere. You may have lost that special attunement to it, that's all. But that is temporary. It's still there -waiting for you, loving you.

Oh why do we have to get so immersed in physical life while we're here, that it gets so heavy on us, we get so used to, and conditioned to "physical reality" and we find it so hard to raise out of it, or just slip our hand into the hand of the Divine Presence, like we were little children??
It really is a trial to our spirits, this life, however beautiful the Earth is.....