Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Guide
Veil of forgetfulness

Hi,

I'm becoming more liberated and my inquisitive mind is on the prowl again!

I have a few of questions if I may...

If the intention is for us to be born under a 'veil of forgetfulness' so we can experience our time on Earth and adopt faith to enhance our Spiritual Development, why is it that there are those of us who can recognise the Spirit within ourselves and effectively see beyond the veil? Or is this just such a selective element that we are still only seeing the tiniest of glimpses (and is why not everyone can see the spirit within themselves)?

Even so, and once we acknowledge our Spirit, why is it then still difficult for us to communicate with our Spirit Guides?

Again, is this because while we can accept the Spirit within us, this knowledge is so small in comparison to the 'veil of forgetfulness' that we agreed to have placed upon us at birth?

So much so, does this mean that our Spirit Guides are there to help us when they can, but their help is limited by our level of consciousness and that they cannot interfere with our free-will?

Oh, sometimes having an analytical mind can be rather detrimental - lol.
Old 28-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Ivy

When people watch a really good film, or read a really good book, or have a lot of work to do and deadlines to meet, or a special occasion to organise...they tend to get absorbed in what they are doing and the mind automatically prioritises what it focusses upon - so the main focus is on what needs to be done.

So human life is a bit like that for the spirit....there is so much to take in and so much to involve ourselves in, that spirit isn't always our main focus. But it is always there when we need it to be.
Old 28-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
Hi,

I'm becoming more liberated and my inquisitive mind is on the prowl again!

I have a few of questions if I may...

If the intention is for us to be born under a 'veil of forgetfulness' so we can experience our time on Earth and adopt faith to enhance our Spiritual Development, why is it that there are those of us who can recognise the Spirit within ourselves and effectively see beyond the veil? Or is this just such a selective element that we are still only seeing the tiniest of glimpses (and is why not everyone can see the spirit within themselves)?

Even so, and once we acknowledge our Spirit, why is it then still difficult for us to communicate with our Spirit Guides?

Again, is this because while we can accept the Spirit within us, this knowledge is so small in comparison to the 'veil of forgetfulness' that we agreed to have placed upon us at birth?

So much so, does this mean that our Spirit Guides are there to help us when they can, but their help is limited by our level of consciousness and that they cannot interfere with our free-will?

Oh, sometimes having an analytical mind can be rather detrimental - lol.

Only about 10% of the world population at any given time is actually awakened and see's/moves and travels through the veils. No idea why that is, perhaps it's because being a human is pretty complicated and takes most of our energy, or maybe we're not supposed to see through the veil until we've developed the wisdom to know what to do with what we can now see and do? Or maybe a million things - my Spirit hasn't told me why I awakened but we work together anyway.
As I understand it Spirit Guides can assist but not interrupt free will - free will is a major factor in this experience in the Earth Classroom.

No idea why some people can hear Guides/Angels and others not . I'm a 'not hearing' them person, but I hear my Higher Self and have other ways to get the information a Guide would move to me if I could hear - so it all levels out.
There seems no set 'rules' and everyone's experience is very different and yet totally valid.
Old 29-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Knower

Quote:
If the intention is for us to be born under a 'veil of forgetfulness' so we can experience our time on Earth and adopt faith to enhance our Spiritual Development, why is it that there are those of us who can recognise the Spirit within ourselves and effectively see beyond the veil?
My understanding is that embodiment here is akin to an extremely complex role-playing game. Souls choose to come play in order to further their own growth and gain greater wisdom and compassion, which they will carry forward into further incarnations. I can't recall where I read it (one of Michael Newton's books?) but a quote jumps to mind: "What we learn here, we learn for eternity."

The forgetting is one of the challenges of the game--if we came here with full understanding of our true nature and the reason for our earthly existence, none of the challenges or obstacles we face as humans would seem very important. The motivation to effect change in our lives here on earth, and thus develop as souls, wouldn't be so strong. We'd lead easier lives here, but that's not why we're here.

One of the objectives of the game is to eventually pull back the hem of the veil just a bit and remember who you really are--or at least remember it as well as a being with a meat-based thinking apparatus can. And forgetting is not always perfect; it's not unusual for very small children to retain past-life or inter-life memories. Usually those memories are socialized out of them, however, and the forgetting is complete. Unless, one day, you remember.

You forgot who you were until just recently. I only came to understand it within the last five years. We've had the experience of forgetting in this life, and I don't know about you but for me that has made the remembering a more profound and wondrous experience. I can look at my pre-remembering life, remember what it was like, and thus better understand and feel compassion for all the people around me who are still forgetting. And I can also understand why they might choose not to remember, why they might resist anything I have to say on the matter--and why that is perfectly okay.

I forgot, I chose to remain in forgetting for a long time, and for all I know, this may be the first time I've remembered who I am while embodied. Did I come here, knowing I would remember in this life? Why here? why now? I don't know. To be honest, I don't feel that's a very important question in need of an answer, at least not on this side of the veil. But I do know that I can't make anyone else remember.

Every embodying soul will remember, eventually, when it is their time and it's in their soul's best interest to do so. Every one of them. We've got eternity in which to do it, after all! So I don't need to do anything to awaken anybody--I just need to live out this embodiment as one who remembers. Maybe doing so will assist someone else who has started to remember, but if someone needs to remain forgetful in their current embodiment, they will.

Quote:
There are several reasons why communication with guides is difficult for most people. Personally, I think the single biggest one is our expectations of what that communication should be like. We've seen enough alleged channelers talk on easily and at great length, receiving highly-detailed information, and when people don't get even so much as a peep out of their guides, or get a lot of meaningless noise, or maybe a couple of seemingly-random words, they think they've failed.

In my own experience, my guides rarely resort to words, and when they do they almost never use more than three at a time. The longest verbal statement I've ever received, that I recall, was five words ("Give them all your money.") Most of the time, they communicate through hunches, intuitive flashes, sudden insights, or by drawing my attention to things in my physical environment that are signs for me to interpret. It's the kinds of communications that most people dismiss as their imaginations or mere coincidence.

My higher self (the part of the soul that stays behind in the spirit realm when we embody) comes through via emotions and desires. When an opportunity presents itself, and I feel like I'm being commanded to take it, that's my higher self. Once I remembered who I was, and started experiencing this earth-life as an eternal soul in a temporary body, communication with my higher self got so much clearer and easier because I was able to drop a lot of "earth logic" that got in the way.

Another big reason people don't always have much success communicating with their guides is because the guides know it's in the embodied person's best interests not to. Some people want to get all the answers from their guides, when their challenge here is to figure things out for themselves, trust their own judgment, and be their own authorities. I see a lot of people who are adrift because they lack a connection to their higher self, so they try to lean on their guides, and guides won't play along with that. There are limits to what they will do--limits that everyone agreed upon before we incarnated.

I'm pecking this mass of text out on my iPhone, and need a break. If I think of anything else that's pertinent, I'll be back later, but that's the meat of it, from what I've experienced, read, and observed.
Old 29-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Master
That was incredibly well said Wandering Star =D
Old 29-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star

You forgot who you were until just recently. I only came to understand it within the last five years. We've had the experience of forgetting in this life, and I don't know about you but for me that has made the remembering a more profound and wondrous experience.

I cannot thank you enough Meadows, CrystalSong and Wandering_Star for taking the time to offer such wonderful and beautiful words of advice. They have resonated so much with me and I can really feel my vibration increase.

I cannot begin to say how happy and positive I feel since embracing Spirituality. I finally feel at peace within my inner self and can now look to establish a clearer connection with my higher self.

So much so, I have come to realise that maybe I am putting far too much emphasis on conscious communication with my Spirit Guide. I know my guide is there to help and protect me when I am in need. I will therefore just relax a little more and open up to messages (in whatever form they are given).

Now that I am aware, and being the person I am, all I really want to do is let my guide know how so very grateful I am that they came to help me on my mortal life's journey of Spiritual development and discovery. But as my guide feels my emotions, I'm sure my guide already knows - and that has made me very, very content!

I appreciate I have so much to learn on my Spiritual path of enlightenment, but I am enjoying every single step :)

I also feel 'at home' since joining this forum and meeting amazing spirits like yourselves. I have been welcomed with open arms and, in all honesty, thank you just doesn't seem enough!

Paul

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 29-06-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 29-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Ivy

I think, with that attitude, you eilll have a wonderful journey. Well done x
Old 29-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
I cannot thank you enough Meadows, CrystalSong and Wandering_Star for taking the time to offer such wonderful and beautiful words of advice. They have resonated so much with me and I can really feel my vibration increase.

I also feel 'at home' since joining this forum and meeting amazing spirits like yourselves. I have been welcomed with open arms and, in all honesty, thank you just doesn't seem enough!

Paul

There seems to be a direct connection between Gratitude and Joy - the more we feel gratitude and appreciation the more our inner Joy rises.
And your Guides do know =)