Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
removing the 'trying' from 'how to be thinking
why would it be so necessary that we ban it entirely?
Love your post! So much great insightful stuff in it to me. I bet, if someone wanted to, and was kind of crazy, they could write a book about the different kinds of thought. Because really it's one word "thought" but it is not one thing! There are many different kinds. I'll try to think of a few examples.

Type #1 - Angry response to somebody telling you that you are wrong or inferior to them.

Type #2 - Trying to figure out a solution to a problem.

Type #3 - Expressing love to someone.

Just a few examples, but thought is basically "internal talking" and it's source and nature and purpose and even the effect it has on us varies. Our relationship varies with it as well. Some people accept the truth and reality of all of their thoughts, never doubt or question them, and others do the opposite.

Like #1 above, that getting mad from an insult, that is pretty much an automatic thing and generates certain kinds of thoughts or thinking and a result of an ego. Not everyone has a "strong" ego. Some are flexible. While strong ego = strong response. Weak or small ego = weak or small response. Then one can be "wise" and due to a held understanding, not respond at all as they have chosen to not care about what others say. This would be a higher more aware state of being. They are not reacting on auto pilot.

We can react and instantly speak. That is based on an instant type of thought. Or we can react, pause, think about what we are going to respond with before we respond. In other words, we have inserted self awareness in there! In the sequence.
Old 23-03-2023, 05:24 PM
Master

Example: Strong ego, auto fast reaction, thought, response, emotional response

Mary: "OMG you were wrong again!"
Joe: "STOP TELLING ME I AM WRONG ALL THE TIME! I HATE YOU!"

Example: Weak or small ego. emotional response

Joe: "I'm always wrong. I hate myself. I should leave"

Example self awareness base: zero emotional response,

Joe internally Hmmm she's on auto pilot critsizing me again. I will ignore it.
Joe smiles at Mary and nods.

The source of thought can be habit brain, manifesting as a result of one's ego and conditioning and self image, or a result of ones state of self awareness and understanding of others and oneself.

What thought is, is a result of the understanding and state of "person" thinking and their self understanding and self awareness.

I think a more highly evolved being or consciousness does not operate and respond to habitually generated thoughts as much as a less self aware being.

Some question their own thoughts. Others don't.
Old 24-03-2023, 12:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Love your post! So much great insightful stuff in it to me.

(shyly) thank you for saying something. Honestly, I felt really bad after writing that. Just from other lives I have a history of pushing other people along but in this life I really don't want to be pushing people where they don't wanna go. I think it is better to let people be self-determining than do that. But it is hard for me to tell the difference between being 'pushy' and just explaining what I think sometimes.
Old 24-03-2023, 01:15 AM
Master

Quote:
I bet, if someone wanted to, and was kind of crazy, they could write a book about the different kinds of thought. Because really it's one word "thought" but it is not one thing! There are many different kinds.

maybe someone has! time to go to the library? Do they have those any more lol?

Quote:
but thought is basically "internal talking" and it's source and nature and purpose and even the effect it has on us varies

i think thought doesn't have to be 'words' (I even heard that some people see pictures instead of thinking words!) it is just that for a lot of us that is a natural step from the external to the internal... as far as effect, well I still think using words to change emotions is interesting
Old 24-03-2023, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
I'd say don't...
...just the now as it is.
Is it that easy? It seems then that "no-thought" doesn't relief me of my suffering at all then. The pain is still there, wether I think or don't.

I wish I had no-consciousness, so that I could no longer experience these pains of life. Endless new ones. Seem to keep occuring in endless new variations of misfortune. Wether I think or not, identify or not.

It's all so meaningless. I come to this life to suffer. I hope I will one day leave and I hope I wont return to anything similar to this.

In nonduality everything is already unique, unlike, unsimilar and new. But I have experienced my pain already for so long. Still the same pain today as a decade ago.

Such bad luck, Cannot be bad luck. It seems more like fate. Unavoidable. I hope something good comes out of all of this.
Old 24-03-2023, 04:14 AM
Master

Quote:
i think thought doesn't have to be 'words'

I called it "talking in our heads" in that post but there is no sound is there. So actually it is nothing like talking at all. It's not like reading either. We just assume it is.
Old 24-03-2023, 04:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I come to this life to suffer.

Have you read any books on reincarnation or subjects like that? Like "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton? I guess the subject is discussed in Hinduism a lot as well. Like in the Bhagavad Gita by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Books like that let you zoom out and see things from the big picture. Not looking at things from this one life, but from the reality this is one of perhaps thousands we have had.
Old 24-03-2023, 04:42 AM
Master

Quote:
I really don't want to be pushing people where they don't wanna go.

I think that is advanced teaching. We go before the "elders" in the astral realm I read. To do some kind of past life review. They never judge or push or teach anything really. They ask us how we think we did. Then poof they disappear back into their higher realms lol.

It really is up to us as individuals. What do we want to create with what we have been given. We reap what we sow. But yea people are what they are. Can't really change anybody. People can only change themselves. But I guess we can be an example maybe to some.

Maybe that's why religions get started. Some really loving kind person walks around and more and more people want to hang out with them. Then before long a new religion has been created.
Old 24-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Master

Quote:
I called it "talking in our heads" in that post but there is no sound is there. So actually it is nothing like talking at all. It's not like reading either. We just assume it is.

I call it 'what comes before words'... but really sometimes I can kinda just sit there and not let it evoke words... still makes my head feel funny though lol...
Old 24-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Guide

Can consciousness be nondual?

Consciousness is non dual in the Astral. It is only dual whilst incarnated.(Wherever that may be).