Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-02-2023, 03:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Simply stated,...
... of our aura.
so ur saying the best way to have no thought is to just observe them?
Well, that doesn't work. I can observe thoughts all day long. They will still be there.

not sure what you mean.
Old 17-02-2023, 04:15 AM
Master
@ Ewwerrin ~ a bird flies past our window. We observe it but then that’s it. The memory does not ‘invade’ flow of our pristinity, does not mitigate our attention. Why? Because we do not assign any ownership over that object, in this case, the bird.

However, we cling to thoughts as assumed to be our ‘possession’. That’s the difference. If we look at thoughts with astonishment and wonderment, surprised as to how they arise, looking at them as vibrations external to us, having nothing to do with us, we stop ‘feeding’ them and so they recede.
Old 17-02-2023, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
@ Ewwerrin ~ a bird...
... we stop ‘feeding’ them and so they recede.
thank you for this advice, it helps a lot.
Old 17-02-2023, 09:28 PM
Quote:
.Nevertheless, our choice to be aware of what thoughts arise, by the nonchalance of so witnessing, stops feeding the thought. .
I have heard this many times. Doesn't work for me.
Apparently, it's quite popular!

For me: It is like being in a small sail boat and sitting back watching the waves..
as they soon come crashing - almost tipping me over.
Nope, I see the waves and grab the helm and steer where I want to go avoiding the dangerous waves....
looking at, focusing ahead on my goal...and I see calm seas.

So far, so good!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
so ur saying the best way to have no thought is to just observe them?
Well, that doesn't work. I can observe thoughts all day long. They will still be there.

Butting into that conversation, I've found the brain makes thought because we pay attention to thought. If we give thoughts no attention, the brain stops making them. The only time I would say observation serves a purpose is when we use it to realize we are focusing on or paying attention to thought, which is generally "identifying with it."

But then another word for "observing" is being aware. We can be in a heightened level of awareness all the time and I assume that's what "enlightened" beings do if there is such a thing.
Old 17-02-2023, 11:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How do I get there? Anyone know how?

I think I know how and I would assume you do to as you got there. But knowing how does not get you there! In a nut shell, "you" do not get there, when "you" are gone, you are there.

Obviously I used the word "you" in that sentence two times to represent two different things or two "you's." The you that is gone and the remaining you that is then in the blissful experience.

This gets into my definition of duality which I think is not a common way it is defined by most people. I think most people define duality as the "non-enlightened" experience and perception which is the "normal" everyday experience most people have. I do not define it as an experience. I define it as the delusion itself. I define it as identification with the body/mind. It's called dualistic or dualism to me because two things, consciousness or awareness and the "person" have merged into one.

Trying to keep this brief, we (consciousness or awareness) merge with the body and brain around the time of birth to have a human experience. The whole thing is designed to create a person, with good experiences and bad experiences and all these likes and dis-likes, we absorb content from experiences, it is stored in the memory and brain, thought links it up to us. There is a running dialog in our heads from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed. We come to believe this is us talking, us thinking, we identify with the body, the history, the person, the dialog in the mind.
Old 17-02-2023, 11:39 PM
Master

If we are identifying with our content, the content is the filter through which we experience. Everything is experienced and interpreted through the filter of this delusional self. This manufactured self is real enough, its based on everything we have experienced and thought and heard and read and seen in this life, but it is temporary. When we leave the body this identity is gone. I think what you are asking is basically, how do I, which is this delusional person based on it's history and content, how does this I experience what lies beyond itself?

My answer is it can't. It perceives everything though the filter of this delusional self. One will always see the filter and not what exists and lies beyond it. For the "I" to experience what lies beyond itself, beyond it's own borders, it has to stop being a person. All persons have borders. The experience one is seeking is always here, always present, always available. All one has to do is completely take the attention fully off the delusional self. To end all identification with it. To basically stop being the "person." To look at now like you were just born, like you just landed here from a far away distant world. To drop every idea and thought and belief in your mind. It also has to be all of them. Nothing of "you" can remain.

The thing is, one finds one is more themselves, not less, in this experience. Because really this is the only self we have ever been. We have been present always in everything. We are the only consciousness or awareness there is in us. The only thing aware. It's just that identifying with this person cut off the experience of the other. I don't even know if we are supposed to have these peaks at the reality that lies underneath this delusional one. But I would guess the one who can totally discard the delusional "I" in some permanent way does not incarnate anymore. They passed the class and graduated from this plane.
Old 17-02-2023, 11:40 PM
Master

I think it is hard for us to drop everything. Almost impossible, Very rare. I've done it a few times and had these amazing experiences as a lot of people have had. Then we are back to normal consciousness experiencing this human life and emotions and feelings and thoughts and all of that. I think it takes something to do it. I'm not sure what it is called or what one is doing. It is some kind of concentration or focusing, attention and intent is involved, one's perspective is changed. One is suddenly "above" or in a higher and untouched perspective from the body/mind. Thoughts lose their reality and affects.

One answer to how is asking why instead. What am I doing that is preventing the experience of it? What is my attention on instead? Because the transcendental experience is fully here now. We don't experience it because we are focusing our experience and attention on something else, usually a idea or thought of lacking something. Thoughts like that only effect our experience because we accept them as real or from ourselves.

We let an idea of now be the now. Nothing is ever lacking or missing or needed to be found in now. Infinity is always fully here. One just needs to take the blinders off they are holding on.
Old 18-02-2023, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think I know how and I would assume you do to as you got there.
no, I dont know how. If I knew, I would never return to the illusionary self of duality as you mentioned. That is just another duality. Where I leave duality only to return to it unwillingly and not be able to get out. Torment.
Old 18-02-2023, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
But I would guess the one who can totally discard the delusional "I" in some permanent way does not incarnate anymore. They passed the class and graduated from this plane.
Are these ideas of "last and final hope"? Like so many talk about. "Oh but there must be a permanent solution to all of it!" and why is it always after death? And then the complete denial of reincarnation. As if anything lasts forever.

I have already experienced duality. Eternity will never be the same ever again. This terrifies me. Even if I leave duality for good. I cannot change what I have already experienced. Even if this illusionary self doesnt exist. It is bound to return to existing again. If it can dissolve, it can also be reborn.