Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 15-02-2023, 03:09 AM
Ascender

Evolving conscious evolution.

Hello all.

Pondering regarding the possibility of a species evolving the capability of conscious evolution?

This would (possibly?) be characterised by a species first becoming consciously and collectively aware that its chance of continued survival had become dependent upon the species collectively behaving in a manner which optimised that chance, and such realisation in some manner then precipitating an evolutionary adaptation, possibly some innate propensity to behave in the optimum manner consciously understood?

If this were possible it would obviously be a quite different evolutionary mechanism to that which is currently largely accepted.

This mechanism would be collective intentional change in response to perceived need which in a way stands the largely accepted model on its head?

Just pondering possibility.
Old 15-02-2023, 07:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity

If this were possible it would obviously be a quite different evolutionary mechanism to that which is currently largely accepted.

This mechanism would be collective intentional change in response to perceived need which in a way stands the largely accepted model on its head?

You have lost me - weareunity.

That over which you ponder is exactly that which is happening now - not only to us but to everything. The whole development of the All is one of conscious application. We, that is us living/aware things, of all kinds, have the privilege of observing the developing universal 'intention' and its attempts at overcoming the multiple hurdles in its path.

There is only one way of evolving and that is by trial and error - that which we can observe by looking at the history available. Millions of species have long died out due to their inability to cope with all the challenges faced - we as a species can only hope that nature has in us found a species fundamentally sound enough to carry the (little) knowledge collectively gained into the future.

As we know all of nature grows, blossoms and carries fruit of some sort. It's the same with the universe - it's true too of the universe - it will grow, blossom, bear fruit and die. And then it will start again.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 15-02-2023, 08:25 AM
Master

Any hypothesis depends on your beliefs about the nature of reality.

If you believe that there is nothing after your death, then your hypothesis has a statistical chance.

If you believe we come here for some reason, then those who'll come here after us will be at about the same level as we are. There is no reason to believe that the Earthly life significantly changes the overall soul stock of the non-physical.

Here it is like a school: the new first-graders will be about the same level as the past first-graders, who now are in higher-grades or graduated.

I don't believe a Heaven on Earth is possible, because that wouldn't meet the reason for the human-life on Earth to exist. Human-life on Earth would cease to exist.

New and ignorant souls will keep being generated, and they'll need schooling.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-02-2023, 09:11 AM
Master
Well we did have an eden (must check if there's an e-Den on the net) -parts of this paradise still exist but listening to the wishes of some of the strongest voices(the fittest?) and their wishes,I fear we are heading for a nightmare world,a UK that is surrounded by radioctive seas from the power stations to provlde the power for industry and the cars everone wants to drive,an island criscrossed with roads they will need,impoverished land because we haven't learnt to respect nature,ill people due to lack of excersise,poor food and air,who has spun this tale that we are evolving? We are going the opposite way,we already had ample,it's those that want more and fight for it that haven't realised their greed is destroying everything.Don't be fooled by their words of persistances as these are childish whims that they need to address,that would be evolution for them and better for all.
Old 16-02-2023, 12:08 AM
Ascender

Hello Busby and all.

Hope you're well.

Re passage in opening post which you refer to.

My attempts to convert ponderings to descriptive and sufficiently comprehensive text needs more work! --and that is just one obstacle of my own making on my stumbling path.

What I hoped to convey was/is the thought that if such "evolution" as described is possible by our species then the need for that evolution is self willed by the accumulation of the past and present destructive behaviour of our collective selves.

And also-if it happens--if such an evolutionary change is possible, then that also will be instigated by the self will of our collective selves.

Kind of our mistake self willed and/or tolerated to the point of exhausting possible remedial choices except so called "Hobson's choice" on the one hand , and also, on the other hand the possibility of a solution also instigated by self will and --possibly--becoming an evolutionary change.

The introduction of conscious self will into the evolutionary mechanism---if it has any possible place or role to play there--would seem to be the addition of a causal component not present in my understanding of that mechanism as currently described. My ponderings however are more extensive than my knowledge--so I may very well be mistaken.

"Hobson's choice" incidentally still allows for the exercising of free will, it's just that the consequence of choosing one of the choices is terminal--which doesn't seem a sensible or logical choice to make-- but it does seem from evidence up till now that burying one's head in the sand has the effect of becoming blind to that reality.

Cheers.
Old 16-02-2023, 08:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
My attempts to convert ponderings to descriptive and sufficiently comprehensive text needs more work! --and that is just one obstacle of my own making on my stumbling path.
I think, weareunity, you don't know just how much you have bitten off. A great big chunk in fact. Far too much to digest without many breaks.

To make a simple start at an attempt to respond to your words (rather than answer) we badly need to understand that this thing we call evolution isn't just valid for the planet Earth but is ongoing trial and error. It, this state of continual change, includes everything there is in every form and in every corner of the universe (All). It's not led by logic but by repeating mainly the same mistakes.

We humans are not a greater a part of this amazing journey than are those flies which only live for one day. It's just that we have made a little more progress - on the grounds of quality rather than quantity. Maybe with more luck than judgement. Naturally looking at the state the 'world' is in at the moment lends doubt to any talk of progress and any thoughts of the future get bogged down under the weight of mankind's stupidity.

This stupidity is however, like everything else, we will have to climb over it on our way to evolving until we are finally bearing the fruits of our strenous journey, so stupidity is only one of many obstructions littering our path.

The source guiding our way to the end bull's eye is contained in our consciousnesses, our ability to perceive. We are, so to speak, the universe's watchman. It may not appear so but we are continually giving and receiving feedback to our surroundings and this in many, many ways.

We not only supply feedback as individuals but also as a collective. For we are both. And both are valid.It is well worth sitting back and taking an overview of the absolutely overwhelming attributes of life and bathe in their presence.

Question everything and don't accept any answers built on mud.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 16-02-2023, 10:02 AM
Master
Some of those,if not all the solutions have already been concluded by ancient sages and modern thinkers too.Is for instance realising the seven deadly sins are detrimental to self and the rest of our species 'evolution' or just realisation?
Old 16-02-2023, 06:19 PM
Knower

This is already happen. Evolution takes time, and that may be why some don't see it already occurring.

The next evolution will likely be one of working together, compassion, seeing our connectedness to all including the earth, understanding cause and effect in grander scales.

Society keeps pushing to move forward in that direction generation after generation.
Old 16-02-2023, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't believe a Heaven on Earth is possible, because that wouldn't meet the reason for
the human-life on Earth to exist. Human-life on Earth would cease to exist.
You may have something there!! But, I dunno.
Could it be turned into an Eden? Just for pure enjoyment? I dunno.

Another school could be somewhere else for the dopes?

(Oh...Wouldn't there still be turbulence - earthquakes, droughts, weather patterns causing hurricanes?
2nd thought... Bad place for a Heaven.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2023, 07:59 PM
Master
We have enough knowledge to beat drought and quakes,we can green the deserts,build quake proof buildings,eden exists we just have to work with nature,maybe slight tweeks here and there-beavers have been used to good effect here in the UK where human mechanical management became too costly-when I have worked on smaller projects some make it so difficult and laborladen,it doesn't have to be hard it can be simple and fulfilling when certain realisations dawn.