Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think we can...
... or a somebody.
Wow thanks again, reading all you wrote here is so profound! It's almost as if you wrote every little thing specifically to me. I find these words of such significance. They are 100% relatable.
Old 20-02-2023, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We could...
... formlessness and Being.
Peace
oh my god, I love your perspective. Maybe its because I am freezing while reading it lol. But all you said is such a profoundly valuable new perspective I have on all of this right now! thank you for sharing that!
Old 23-02-2023, 02:50 AM
Master

Quote:
I think being an identified self is optional in every given moment. But then in life and in relationships with others and our roles and jobs we usually need to be an identified self. But then I think it could be great to turn it off when not needed and then just "be." Not be a something or a somebody.

for me it is a mixed bag... unfamiliar sensations, unfamiliar ways to relate... often wondering how much trouble I'm getting myself into with other people... over the years I've learned to step out for short periods though without having to be in a 'quiet' room meditating... with an aim toward living that way more permanently if ever I get there lol...

definitely it helps not to try to find a high place for myself within society though. The stuff that was said about humility and love and servitude and some other stuff is very handy... even if many people don't have any idea what was actually said but rather what they think things should look like...

but i also question these days whether 'being' is the end of it. After all, if you have a full glass, it is well known you have to empty it... which would take you into being... but i wonder if there isn't something else I might want to put into the glass rather than what I've been taught to... at least for a little while until I get inspired to empty it again though I guess...

so maybe returning to being a 'child' goes on from being with some different kind of education, if one isn't entirely sure one must just simply stop. Maybe somehow you get to keep the awakeness and other things you unlearned while emptying yourself and build on that instead of building on unconsciousness and automated responses and trying to get what you think you want.

certainly jesus said something about us doing miracles, and moreso than he did... i have had a hard time deciding how to just 'be' my way into such a thing though lol...

OTOH maybe the idea there is something more is more bunk like everything else I seem to come up with sigh... maybe the answer is after all just to be still... along those lines maybe I should go back to the tried and true of just shutting up some more...

and that is the problem I see so many possibilities it makes my head spin and just choosing one at random seems oh so arbitrary, so, I have to do the best to make choices that somehow make sense in some way other than me playing spin the bottle.
Old 23-02-2023, 09:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
It's almost as if you wrote every little thing specifically to me.

I was writing it all to your post specifically to you! It was probably too long and complex but I was trying to answer your questions in your post.
Old 23-02-2023, 10:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
and that is the problem I see so many possibilities it makes my head spin and just choosing one at random seems oh so arbitrary, so, I have to do the best to make choices that somehow make sense in some way other than me playing spin the bottle.

I think "learning" may go on forever in some way. It's not like we reach some point where we know everything or have all the answers. The funny thing about "emptiness" or having an empty cup is to be in a position to empty it sure means you are full of a lot of experience and knowledge or wisdom or whatever one wants to call it. The realization of the value in being "empty" for a moment or a lifetime does not come from an empty cup. I think it comes from a very full cup that has done a lot of contemplation or wondering about things, a lot of listening and reading and pondering things.

So I think it is all very complex though it can be seen in simple ways as well. To see the simple in the complex or the complex in the simple. I also think people are not as similar as we think. I think we are here for our own unique lessons and things to work on. I think we can be very different from others as far as why we are here and what we are here to do or learn or work on or experience obviously as our own experiences can vary greatly from each other.

Looking at some of my family and relatives I sometimes see these broad "karmic" categories, like some family members are well off financially, but they have tons of relationship issues, others have no relationship problems, but they are broke and have money or health problems. Others have all the problems lol. They are here to do 3 karmic lessons at once!
Old 25-02-2023, 02:34 AM
Master

Quote:
I think "learning" may go on forever in some way. It's not like we reach some point where we know everything or have all the answers.
yeah that was one of the biggest lessons I had to learn... that I'm just not going to have all the answers... in some ways it just wouldn't be allowed. Freeing in a way though to not have to continue trying to find the one true 'answer' to life... that was one of the turning points where my whole life changed...

the big thing for me, right now, is understanding i don't entirely know what I will want off in the future.... so I'm doing a lot of learning to navigate the now...

Quote:
I think we can be very different from others as far as why we are here and what we are here to do or learn or work on or experience obviously as our own experiences can vary greatly from each other.

i sometimes feel like i'm behind a one-way mirror - i can empathize with the experiences of most other people (even rogues) but haven't yet found anyone who can empathize with mine lol... but i'm thinking any more maybe the expectation that I could actually find such a thing is a bit much, maybe there is another way to live lol...