Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 16-02-2023, 08:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(Oh...Wouldn't there still be turbulence - earthquakes, droughts, weather patterns causing hurricanes?
2nd thought... Bad place for a Heaven.)
This reminds of lucid-dreaming, when you know you have the power to change your experience, but you let that run its current course a little longer, to see / learn where it goes and how it feels.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2023, 02:55 AM
Ascender

Hello all.
With reference to penultimate paragraph of post 5.

Hoping to become more knowledgeable concerning "evolutionary mechanism" I used a well known online encyclopedia site and found helpful starter information in an entry entitled "evolutionary psychology", which also included a link to "psychological adaptations".

Passing this on as both seem to relate to our conversations here.

Cheers.
Old 20-02-2023, 06:59 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

In an attempt to re present the pondering more clearly? -----

Is it possible that behavioural modes chosen by a proportion of "members" of a species as being essential for continuing survival can somehow become transformed into adopted, significant, "built in" characteristics of that species as a whole rather than remaining as behavioural modes resulting from the individual choice of that proportion?

Or is such a scenario better described/ thought of as the evolution of a distinct variant species?-----

With considerations of survivability then becoming dependent upon the existence of some form of accomodation between all species sharing existence? A continuing conundrum.

Or is such pondering pointless?

Cheers.
Old 20-02-2023, 09:58 AM
Ascender

Further possibilities:-

Or is it possible that being alive as we currently understand being alive provides a recruiting arena and "suitability" assessment framework prior to possible transition to----????

This suggests the presence of purpose? But perhaps our understanding of the very nature of "purpose" as a phenomenon is also in a stage of transition?

Cheers.
Old 20-02-2023, 09:04 PM
Master

In my view, everything is consciousness structured in gestalts; some are nested; some are overlapped; some are disjunctive. Nothing is fixed.
gestalt = a structure, arrangement, or pattern of physical, biological, or psychological phenomena so integrated as to constitute a functional unit with properties not derivable by summation of its parts
From this perspective, the evolution of a species isn't determined by the species' individuals. Individuals have free-will, and their own individual evolvement goals. The species evolution is determined by the needs of evolvement of the species' consciousness, which isn't the sum of the individual consciousnesses, but a gestalt consciousnesses.

Also, a species' population isn't homogeneous as level of consciousness; like in a school: pupils of all grade levels; not all pupils are at the same level of knowledge, ability, growth.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-02-2023, 07:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
In my view, everything is consciousness structured in gestalts; some are nested; some are overlapped; some are disjunctive. Nothing is fixed.

I agree, not to any limited extent but absolutely. All living things are in themselves a pattern both collective and individual - a series of expanded blueprints - the form which everything assumes or takes on is the result of the whole mass of reactions taking place everywhere at all times.
Each of these patterns is a lower or higher form of consciousness depending not on 'behaviour' but of experience. Simply pushing and shoving is sufficient.
Nature or the universe or life or whatever you wish to call it is dependent upon the feedback it gets in order to know itself. We and all living things are in a constant state of feedback with the All, in all manner of ways.
A heirachy is slowly being formed out of the original chaos and like the seeds of a dandelion will spread across the whole face of the available soil.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 24-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Ascender

Hello. I may be mistaken, but I have some recall of an observation which gave reason to understand that if some members of the same species became isolated physically from the majority, they showed signs of the development of distinct characteristics which could be considered as evolutionary adaptation to that isolated environment. (Finches ?).

However, as a quite different consideration.:--

If a species evolves to the point of having the ability to understand the notion of behaviour/actions being likely to effect the well being of that species in both present and future in terms far exceeding simply storing food for future consumption,--does this ability introduce a quite different dynamic into the mechanism of evolution insofar as that species is concerned?

It seems to me that such a possibility is at the very least an interesting consideration.

cheers.
Old 28-02-2023, 12:07 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

I "feel"--and also "feel" that many others are experiencing similar "feelings"--that the way we are, think and behave as a species is evolving in an extraordinary fashion far different from the manner of previous evolutionary change in our species. A change which is happening almost overnight by comparison to previous evolutionary changes.

The reason for the vast difference is because this change is not a physical change of necessary adaptation, but a perceptual change concerning existence.

The change begins because it needs to as a result of our past and present behaviour and actions regarding the manner in which we treat/ have treated both each other, including other species, and also the very environment and resources upon which all depend.

The change gains traction as we question that behaviour and those actions, we question why?, how, and for what motive? We are lead to begin tracing backward and forward the chain of cause and consequence and come ultimately--and now--to the conclusion that the whole of existence is an interconnected, interdependent, inescapable process.

We are both it and of it, not possibly seperate.

This is the beginning of the Real--isation. We begin to behave accordingly, cooperatively, combined not divided. We create the reality from the concept.

In doing so we unlock the power of empathy, empathic understanding, long smothered by division and ideas of relative importance, prestige, power etc. This unlocking is like the tidal wave, the descent of crystal clarity, the coming to fruition by necessity of that which has long been taught by the imperatives of beliefs and practices which have been overwhelmed so often by ill conceived administration and misunderstanding not to mention divisive rivalries.

The rapidity of this change will astound us as will its permanent uptake. It has begun to happen before in times of national adversity, the coming together etc.--but never before on a global scale.--and the change proved to be only temporary and swiftly either evaporated in the winds of economic and political rivalries, or was intentionally distorted and hitched to quite different horses with reins tugged and pulled with no thought of consequence.

Now, however, the conditions are such that the overwhelming need will overwhelm in a manner which cannot be later pushed aside. The change is permanantly needed by all. Change necessary for continuing survival--a necessary evolution.

I "feel", and also "feel" that many others are experiencing similar "feelings".