Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-09-2022, 06:04 AM
Master
Can Pride Know God?

What if Pride could actually know God? Would it be the cardinal sin then? I think Pride is considered a sin because it is presumed to turn away from God. But what if pride goes in search of God and loves God?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-09-2022, 03:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What if Pride could actually know God? Would it be the cardinal sin then? I think Pride is considered a sin because it is presumed to turn away from God. But what if pride goes in search of God and loves God?

Honza,

‘If’ is a big word. If we change the definition of words, then indeed, anything is possible…..:)

Take a look at Exodus 33:1-6. I will give my summary…translation. God tells the Israelites….go ahead and go to the land I promised you…the land of milk and honey….pursue your dreams. I will even send an angel to be with you. But guess what ? Because you have become a stiffnecked (proud) people I will not be going with you. You are taking me for granted….ignoring me and forgetting where. your help is coming from. Furthermore if I was to go with you and you continued to irritate me I just might give up on this experiment and go ahead and destroy you. Who knows ? Maybe I can find a people that will recognize and honor me.

Suddenly the people were not anxious to go. This dash of reality was shattering. At least, suddenly, no one stood up and said “come on, let’s go anyhow…forget God”. Their pride was gone and this dose of humility became their saving Grace.

Everyone must decide how far their pride can take them…..the conclusion for many….right or wrong…is that they are invincible without any need for God. How could pride possibly induce them to seek God ?
Old 22-09-2022, 04:00 PM
Molearner

The preceding scripture reminds us of the verse…”God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”…remain proud and God can become your adversary…you cannot win this battle and you will receive no blessings. The One that gives life can just as easily take it away….based on how you wish to define ‘life’…..either mere existence or abundant life.

Pride goeth before a fall……
Old 22-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Pride goeth before a fall……
I thought it was a 'haughty spirit'
Old 22-09-2022, 04:36 PM
Molearner

The very word ‘Exodus’ compelled me to look up the etymology. Which anyone can do. This led me to thinking about the difference between a maze and a labyrinth. There are many dead ends in a maze…one can get lost. A labyrinth, in contrast, while having many twists and turn which can make you feel far from your goal, has only one path.

For those on the Christian or Divine journey does not their faith assure them that they are walking the labyrinth ? As opposed to the maze ? I welcome your thoughts……:)
Old 22-09-2022, 05:04 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I thought it was a 'haughty spirit'
Which is called a synonym……one defines the other…..:)
Old 22-09-2022, 05:55 PM
Molearner

I was remiss in not pointing out that the goal of the labyrinth is to come to the center. It is an exercise for centering one’s self. Visualize it as a target….when you have arrived at the center you have not ‘missed the mark’…..:). The experience differs for people….among other things many experience a feeling of peace.

The goal of the maze, however, is to escape the maze. Consider it as a goal to escape life.
Old 22-09-2022, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Which is called a synonym……one defines the other…..:)

So they say
Old 22-09-2022, 06:39 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
So they say
You are free to ignore ‘they’ by picking your own synonym…..:)
Old 22-09-2022, 11:38 PM
Um, pride know God? Jealousy know God? Are these now a person with consciousness?
When did this happen?
The question is does God know pride, lust, jealousy, and so on...or does He choose to overlook this things for the sweet and loving and kind?

When you win the lottery do you care or notice ANYthing bad about ANYthing?
Well, God dwells in this bliss...but more, naturally..He couldn't, care less about these things...He cares about LOVE. He sees LOVE.
Um, that's it, gang.
(I did not read this somewhere, fabricating it from my imagination, btw.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru