Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2022, 02:15 AM
Master
When and where did the church come from? In my view Jesus started it through Peter. The church began to grow and the Apostles we're all dead. Soon the church would evolve and morph into the Catholic church in Rome. But before that the brethren wanted the church to grow , so they started admitting people with all kinds of philosophy and Pagan influences which changed the church from within. The bloodstream of Christianity was severely infected. Year after year the false influences mixed into the church. Not until the great reformation did groups breakaway and form their own churches. This is the true history of the church.
Old 30-07-2022, 12:41 PM
Master
It seems to me most churches are one big mouth in the pulpit screaming into one big ear in the audience.
Old 30-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Master
Pastors control the church now , no doubt about it. The main trust then may well be in Pastors instead of God. The church is burning because of this imo.
Old 30-07-2022, 03:29 PM
Master
Experiencing a good church now a days would be likened to eating fresh fruit, digesting something good. I have become more critical of churches because there are more critical things about them. I don't lead people to churches now, but I don't block their path to them. I understand it's a need for many to have, the crutch they need to walk.
Old 30-07-2022, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Experiencing a good church now a days would be likened to eating fresh fruit, digesting something good.

Mybe your looking in the wrong places, there are many 'Good' Churches who work and support their Communities as did Jesus.
Old 30-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Mybe your looking in the wrong places, there are many 'Good' Churches who work and support their Communities as did Jesus.

I haven't met many in my many, many visitations
Old 30-07-2022, 05:56 PM
Master
One reason why some can see no wrong in churches is because they think the church is God.
Old 30-07-2022, 06:16 PM
Master
It's strange that many believers think the church has improved since Christ. My goodness, it's only gotten worse; need I show you that in scripture?
Old 30-07-2022, 06:52 PM
Master
Some of the most powerful falsehoods told in biblical history is that called _The curse of Ham", which has belittled black people for years. Whole generations have told this ugly deceptive story.
Old 30-07-2022, 07:08 PM
Master
In Gen. 9:25 Noah cursed ham for looking at his naked body,really it was placed on Canaan. You think God would curse a whole culture and future nations for just this? Please.

European Christians used this falsehood to enslave blacks , and the church sanctioned it.