Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-03-2022, 02:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnaCK
i had not posted anything about human sacrifices. simply sacrifices to gods, some of which involve blood.
the bible is full of sacrifices like this. they may be called offerings at times.
even jesus is considered the sacrificial lamb who got sacrificed for our sins so that we may be free from our original sin that traces back to adam and eve.

I understand now, thanks for the explanation. There's a lot in that handbook that jars with present-day understanding, so many tales made-up by the social media posters of that time. The social media posters of today also write a lot of made-up stories.
Old 16-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Seeker
i can't brush it all away like that. now with easter coming up, and the Passion, and so on. and jesus saying to his disciples to "eat my flesh and drink my blood."
Old 16-03-2022, 11:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
i can't brush it all away like that.
Can't brush it away like what?
Old 17-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
i can't brush it all away like that. now with easter coming up, and the Passion, and so on. and jesus saying to his disciples to "eat my flesh and drink my blood."
Come on! Jesus never said we should eat his flesh and drink his blood! He suggested we considered all food, symbolized by bread, as his body and all drink, symbolized by wine, as his blood. This is a unity teaching, not a cannibal one!
Old 18-03-2022, 06:32 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I understand now, thanks for the explanation. There's a lot in that handbook that jars with present-day understanding, so many tales made-up by the social media posters of that time. The social media posters of today also write a lot of made-up stories.

i meant the way you brush away this scripture by calling it a handbook with posts by social media posters of that time. i can't do that. i have too much history with it. it is meaningful to me and i have gone over it many times, studying it, delving deeper into it, finding the kernels of truth, getting to the bottom of the sayings.
there are serious bible historians (i am not one of them) who spend their entire lives studying every word of it, relating it to the times and circumstances and customs when these words were uttered.
this study is similar to studying the US Constitution and trying to understand what the founders had in mind when they wrote the various articles.
Old 18-03-2022, 06:44 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
Come on! Jesus never said we should eat his flesh and drink his blood! He suggested we considered all food, symbolized by bread, as his body and all drink, symbolized by wine, as his blood. This is a unity teaching, not a cannibal one!

nonetheless, every time someone takes communion, one is reminded that this is the body of christ. and the wine is considered the blood of christ. yes, it is symbolic, but jesus could have simply said: drink this wine in my honor, eat this bread in my remembrance.
why use the words "this is my flesh and this is my blood?" there is some esoteric of mystic reverence. he said it during his last Passover when bread gets broken and wine gets poured.
jesus lost some followers over this statement. they did not know what to make of it. they thought he had gone a bit too far and perhaps he was not as together as they thought he were.
Old 18-03-2022, 06:49 AM
Quote:
...with this kind of a history, how can people in the present overcome these strains in their DNA?
I dunno, with common sense and the brain they were given?
Or a direct exp of God to know 'He' is pure love?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Knower
Quote:
jesus could have simply said: drink this wine in my honor, eat this bread in my remembrance.
It wouldn't have been a unity teaching. Jesus knows what he's doing and saying. The fact that millions of Christians misinterpret his teachings is another story.
Old 18-03-2022, 04:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
It wouldn't have been a unity teaching. Jesus knows what he's doing and saying. The fact that millions of Christians misinterpret his teachings is another story.

if they misinterpret his teachings without even trying to listen to what was said, I would not call them christians, calling themselves that is just their own vanity speaking.

It is said that even jesus will just tell them to go away, in the end. So how could they be christians?
Old 18-03-2022, 08:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if they misinterpret his teachings without even trying to listen to what was said, I would not call them christians, calling themselves that is just their own vanity speaking.
I would say it's their bigotry but you're right, most of them are not Christians, they really are Paulians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
It is said that even jesus will just tell them to go away, in the end. So how could they be christians?
Where the hell would that be said?