Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 15-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Sungirl

hypnosis cd and anxiety?

Hi

I have been trying out Paul McKenna's "make you thin" hypnosis cd. My friend used the "quit smoking" one with great success.

Hi have properly listened to the cd all the way through and used it so I "fell asleep" as I think it is supposed to be used. When I listened I didn't hear anything untoward but I am not sure if there is other stuff underneath.

I don't normally suffer from random anxiety. Yes I get nervous about things and I get stressed but I know what the cause is and have learnt to compartmentalise it so I only feel it at certain times, for instance if I am worried about a meeting I have learnt to put off anxiety until just before the meeting.

But at the moment I am getting random and apparently baseless anxiety, just a general feeling of stress.

I stopped listening to the cd for a while and at the same time the stress eased. I have started again and I am feeling stressed again.

Is it possible the 2 are connected? I know there are other factors that may be the cause and I wondered if there was any way of working out.

Can anyone advise?
Old 16-03-2011, 07:13 PM
spirit72

Color

They very well might be, I have used anti anxiety hypnotherapy CDs and they have made it worse, I am sure the unconscious mind takes the message on bored but then your conscious mind tries to undo it... Thus making you feel the way you do.... I would say though, try and get some help for your anxiety... Sounds like your not dealing with it properly, how do I know, because I was the same but then got full blown panic disorder... Life has been pretty ****** the last six years... Try find some help...
Old 16-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Sungirl

Hi Spirit

It's cool, I have tools and people around me that can help so it won't get out of control. Thanks for caring tho.

I'll leave the cd alone for a while and see if it eases....

Hope things look up for you soon.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Mind's Eye

Sometimes when we have stress and axious feeling locked inside of us, they come popping out once we relax under hypnosis. It's like holding a spring tightly between two fingers trying to keep it from popping out beyond our control... when the fingers relax, the spring is sprang....

Sometimes this will go away after a time, but if it does not stop within a month I would not use the CD anymore.
Old 17-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Hi

I have been trying out Paul McKenna's "make you thin" hypnosis cd. My friend used the "quit smoking" one with great success.

Hi have properly listened to the cd all the way through and used it so I "fell asleep" as I think it is supposed to be used. When I listened I didn't hear anything untoward but I am not sure if there is other stuff underneath.

I don't normally suffer from random anxiety. Yes I get nervous about things and I get stressed but I know what the cause is and have learnt to compartmentalise it so I only feel it at certain times, for instance if I am worried about a meeting I have learnt to put off anxiety until just before the meeting.

But at the moment I am getting random and apparently baseless anxiety, just a general feeling of stress.

I stopped listening to the cd for a while and at the same time the stress eased. I have started again and I am feeling stressed again.

Is it possible the 2 are connected? I know there are other factors that may be the cause and I wondered if there was any way of working out.

Can anyone advise?

Hi Tilia,

There could be a couple of things going on here. As Sphinx pointed it out, it may be due to letting go of pent up stress.

The other thing too is, these cds while very good, are a one size fits all deal. Peoples' experiences though are unique and varied. If you are working through weight, there may be certain issues surrounding that, which are not being addressed by the audio, hence the increased anxiety. Paul's work is quite good but if you are not getting the desired results, go see a live practitioner. As good as a cd might be, it doesn't have the ability to think creatively and strategically.

Best of luck :)

Kp
Old 17-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Sungirl

Thank you for your responses. They make a lot of sense :)
Old 03-10-2020, 12:03 PM
Knower

hypnosis for quiting smoking is like running from the smoker on the street. You have to avoid even being in their back because of the anxiety they are having.
Passive smoking is not my favourite tabiet to tolerate.