Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Kinesiology

Old 27-06-2021, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Ocd can come to anyone a person who is stressed is a high risk of getting it,

but it can be very Debilitating also

Namaste
Old 30-06-2021, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
Also have this urge to just fix things now, can this mean anything ?
If you enjoy it, then it means you simply doing what you want to be doing. Sometimes we can mask a fun thing to do, and make it seem like it is a problem, we need to fix.
Other times, we truely dont want to be fixing things, and are doing it, because we have a negative believe that says we have to or something bad will happen if we don't.
You gotta make that distinction.
Old 30-06-2021, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Ocd can come to anyone a person who is stressed is a high risk of getting it,...
but it can be very Debilitating also...
Yeah, stress can be debilitating. And ocd is simply a wonderful way that people sometimes find RELIEF from stress. It is very valuable.

I would call it obsessive compulsive order. OCO.

There is a sense of order and peace attained. A valuable relief from stress. If this is understood. Then they will improve their ability to find relief. And enjoy their life in whatever way they so choose and want to.

Often their behaviour is completely harmless and innocent. As blossom has wonderfully shared here with us. Fixing things can never be debilitating. If someone says "you are worthless piece of ***" and you feel stress. And then you go fixing things, and you feel better. And then they say "alright. Dont listen to me, you stupid ocd piece of *** worthless human being!" and the stress builds up, and they just lock themselves in the room and fix things to find relief. Get their mind off the subject and point it to something good and valuable and beneficial to self and others in so many ways it heals many things. It also heals the person who is being abusive. Shows them the profound pureness of examplified action, obsessive compulsive order. Relentless peaceful affirmation. It is divine condition of the enlightened individual.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Yeah, stress can be debilitating. And ocd is simply a wonderful way that people sometimes find RELIEF from stress. It is very valuable.
I would call it obsessive compulsive order. OCO.
Ewwerrin - I have to say this is the most positive thing I've ever read about OCD or as you call it OCO (love it). I know people that have OCD and when they get busy putting things in order or back in order - organizing their life essentially, they feel at peace once more. It's just the way they are wired and their actions serve them in many respects. It's only when OCD is so extreme that someone is washing his/her hands so many times a day that their hands begin bleeding, then it's teetered to an unhealthy level. But again, I like your take on OCO in which it's not defined as a disorder.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-07-2021 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 04-07-2021, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Ewwerrin - I have...
... as a disorder.
Yeah, and you gotta wonder about all those discordant thought forms that lessen the consciousness of an individual, that they are so bad, that even after washing their hands so much, they still have those thought forms that they are bad. In extreme cases, self harm is also a form of finding release and relief from those negative thought forms. A self forced distraction, a forced meditation.
There is always a better way to go about doing things. Like "no longer caring about what other people think."
Because most of the negative thoughts are beliefs that one has picked up from other people. And in a sense, by holding on those negative limitting believes, one is actually being a belief thief. So the ultimate release/cleansing would be to simply stop caring about what other people think. Stop carrying the burden of other people. And stop giving a rip about what other people think.
Most often people hold on to those believes because they think there are negative consequences if they let them go. That those who believe it hold more power. But that is a misunderstanding. Those who subscribe to those negative believes, have their consciousness limitted, and they are thus powerless.

So to let it go, and embrace ones own perfect worthiness, naturally allows all the forces of existence to support one fully in utter well being and in alignment with the energy which creates worlds and find their own inner personal agreement and alignment with their own God Source of being. To simply love who you are. For you exist for the reason of being who you truely are, all that you truely are. Not who others say or think you are. But the perfection of who you are that you will always feel unnaturally bad when you think in opposition or contrary to it. And good when you allow your natural and effortless unconditionally loving and naturally inspired realisation of it.

Then let those thoughts go and allow the self to learn the power of being who one truely is. And then, by simply being the perfect self of self love, you help everyone the most. And you will have endless love and empowerment to give them. As you tap into this boundless Source of ever abounding natural well being and unconditional worthiness.

As they see you being supported by the laws of this universe in unconditional love. And then no matter what they think, you will love them anyway. Because you will all the love to give and you will know yourself and know them like God Source knows you and them and all. And their irrelevant self contradictions will not mean anything to you nor them. As you will know it, live it and be it, naturally and effortlessly. Then no harm can be done to one who does not subscribe that frequency of self limitation. As you realise, the choices of another cannot persuade one to disallow their own unconditional worthiness to allow their evermore receiving of their natural well-being. That is infinitely there for the boundless universe.
Old 25-07-2021, 11:08 PM
PureEvil760

I had ocd as a kid, like I would feel compelled to turn off and on a light switch a bunch of times, weird things like that. I cured it over time by just ignoring the urges and not acting on them.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:41 PM
Guide
To me, OCD seems like a fight to gain control over a situation. Doing these things is like a tic that relieves tension for them.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy911
To me, OCD seems like a fight to gain control over a situation.
Yes and why? - post 5: ''When a child had little control...
the general outcome is an adult that unconsciously is saying,
'By golly, I'm going to have control now.'
This makes them feel settled and calm...''

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-08-2021, 03:38 PM
Guide
Miss Hepburn, I just went back and read post 5, and I think you described it perfectly. The handful of people I know who have OCD were raised the way you described.
Old 20-08-2021, 03:46 PM
asearcher

I think for starters it is a form of anxiety, a fear, and to then have control you feel safe or at least more safe. The trouble with this is that you are not getting to the very cause of the anxiety, the birth of it, why it's there. I think the muscle tensions are only on the surface, it is what is beneith that is causing it. So where does the anxiety come from? That is something you have to figure out?

I know of someone who in my opinion had this illusion that the home should look 100% perfect - always. To me, living with this person, it was very demanding and I could not do it 100%. And I was to let known that I was not good enough.

Other areas too - he took charge. Demanding things his way. He was not aware of how much and I was too getting so used to it. As I am more relaxed by nature I would go fine then, let him have it his way. I was oblivious to what I was doing too, that was wrong.

OCD and a need for control can project, complicate, mess up relationships. It is not just about the person having it.

Cognitive therapy can help in some cases. I found a link if you are interested
https://www.whiteswanfoundation.org/...e-disorder-ocd

For one thing I applaude you for even recognising that you have OCD. Not everyone with OCD or need for control realize this, but you do and just by doing that I think you are well on your way, even if you don't think that.

I'm just describing the above as I would hate for you to have this not solved and to bring it into a relationship with someone you love. I don't know what kind of OCD you have, it might not at all be what I have experienced.

Understanding, knowledge about it and treatment make a world of difference

Last edited by asearcher : 20-08-2021 at 06:30 PM.