Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Knower

Mind or heart, which is the thief?

Hi guys. Last night I went to bed and said in my mind to whoever was listening: "please show me in a dream if it's my mind or my heart that wants me to get in touch again with X."

****Little background: X is not a bad person or an ex boyfriend. We stopped contact nearly two years ago; it was my decision. The problem is that the feelings and the longing for him have never ceased. The urge to be in touch with him has always been a constant feeling, does not change with the time (there's a long history.) At this point, it would be very important for me to understand if it's my ego dictating this or if the longing comes from my heart.****

In the dream, I enter a block of flats with a carry on bag. It looked like I had moved there to spend a few days. I knew people living there and I was very excited, as I knew there were activities I wanted to do in the neighborhood, like there was a cinema and a shop I wanted to visit. I still remember the feeling of excitement for being there.

While chatting away with someone in the landing, I realise I have left my bag unattended. As expectable, I go back to it and found my most precious belongings were missing: wallet, mobile and my kindle reader.
I scream in the landing: "no, no, no!" But I know very well that's my fault.

I go outside in the courtyard, and there is this guy laughing and looking at me (I don't know him, never seen him in my waking life.) I know that he is the thief and I start persuading him to give my things back. Slowly and without stopping grinning, he gives my things back. He starts with my bank card, and I tell him: "please give me back my wallet as well, it was a gift from my mum."
At the end, I get everything back. It wasn't too easy but it wasn't too hard either, I just had to make him understand how important these things were for me.
When I get everything back, I kinda tell him off, like: "You know that I work for my stuff, I don't have it for free." At this point he looks at me and he is serious, says that he had stolen it because he has feelings for me. So, I don't know what to say and I hug him, maybe because I want to comfort him, maybe I feel sorry.

I woke up this morning feeling super perplexed. How does this answer my question? Could you help me dream people Any input would be highly appreciated. Most importantly, I need to understand if it's good for me to get in touch with X or a huge step backwards.
Lovely day to you all!
Old 30-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Master

i dont know about anyone else but this dream is saying the heart. the wallet is an obvious symbol here. the ego would not likely want a dream where your stuff disappears. whether it means X probably does or what you and X are now any way! there's always someone else X could be standing in for, or it could be him. but is the heart ruling in this romantic dream
Old 01-05-2019, 06:46 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i dont know about anyone else but this dream is saying the heart. the wallet is an obvious symbol here. the ego would not likely want a dream where your stuff disappears. whether it means X probably does or what you and X are now any way! there's always someone else X could be standing in for, or it could be him. but is the heart ruling in this romantic dream

Thanks D., I like your interpretation. I did not consider that the mind would not want to be robbed.

I got to my own interpretation too.

I think the dream is not responding the original question, for it can be both heart and mind pulling us to certain people and situations. Some connections are strong and never fade over time and distance; it's not rare for the mind to butt in and wanting to box them.

I think my dream is telling me another story that I already learnt over the last few years: the need to be liked and loved (the thief saying he's got feelings for me) sometimes makes me lose my sense of identity (wallet, phone and kindle reader) that I have worked on so hard. There is a real "danger" of losing myself to this other part of me craving recognition. But I have come to terms with that (I hug and comfort the thief, who is a male but is a part of me nevertheless.)

In short: my dream did not answer my direct question, but gave me the right answer anyhow. I won't get in touch with X, knowing that life has a way of delivering to you whatever you need. At the moment, my mind is at peace with this decision, I hope this lasts
Old 01-05-2019, 11:32 AM
irisa

Hi Rachella,

I have a question from out of your dream. Are you one of twins?
Old 01-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi Rachella,

I have a question from out of your dream. Are you one of twins?
Hi Irisa, no I have no twin, even if my brother was born 10 months after I was born and we often joke we are twins why?
Old 01-05-2019, 05:39 PM
irisa

Hi again,

may i answer this in a PM?
Old 01-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi again,

may i answer this in a PM?

Of course!