Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust

“I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.”

– Saint Teresa of Avila
A wise lady
Old 12-04-2021, 09:08 PM
Master
Quote:

Yes, very similar.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Master
Pixiedust,
do you consider St. Teresa of Avila to be superior to the Christ?
Because that is how it comes across.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Master
Sky123,
you quoted Luke 1:50 to support your position "that many Christian denominations use fear to keep the flock in place" but that is Mary's viewpoint taken from her song.

As for Peter 1:17, if you read that scripture in relation to the other scriptures around it, it takes on a different connotation. The two previous verses say a lot on this matter: 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:03 PM
Master
For every argument there is an opposite and equal counter argument.

I have noticed that many times. If I suggest something to someone they usually suggest the complete opposite with perfect logic. Discussion becomes a to and fro of opinions and counter opinions. With both sides making complete sense.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
So true Pixie....

Luke 1:50 ESV
And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.

Peter 1:17 If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth.

Plus many more Verses....

Yes and we can see it on this Board. For example those Christians who mock other religions, and sow doubt, then try to proclaim that only Christianity is the one true religion.

This is made by narrow and unloving hearts, but fortunately all of Jesus's teachings teach love so that even the most constricted can free themselves if they submit themselves to love's joy.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
A wise lady

Old 12-04-2021, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Yes and we can see it on this Board. For example those Christians who mock other religions, and sow doubt, then try to proclaim that only Christianity is the one true religion.

This is made by narrow and unloving hearts, but fortunately all of Jesus's teachings teach love so that even the most constricted can free themselves if they submit themselves to love's joy.

What Christians on this board mock other religions? None that I know of.
What Christians sow doubt? None that I have seen.
What Christians on this Forum claim Christianity is the one true religion?
Only one and she has a right to state her beliefs just like every one else has a right to state their beliefs.

To criticize people for a right we all have (i.e. right to our own opinions) is not a very good thing.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Master
I do not see any Christians here at SF mocking other religions. What I do see is the Christian section of SF being flooded with ideas from other religions - particularly Eastern religions. Why? We all know what Hindus, Gnostics and the New Age believe - why ram it down our throats?

This section of SF is the CHRISTIAN section!!!!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-04-2021, 01:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I do not see any Christians here at SF mocking other religions. What I do see is the Christian section of SF being flooded with ideas from other religions - particularly Eastern religions. Why? We all know what Hindus, Gnostics and the New Age believe - why ram it down our throats?

This section of SF is the CHRISTIAN section!!!!

I hope you find peace, Honza. If it is Christianity you like, then go for it. There are some great people in the school of Christ.

“Where there is Love and Wisdom, there is neither Fear nor Ignorance.Where there is Patience and Humility, there is neither Anger nor Annoyance.”

St Francis of Assisi