Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's not that we need beliefs that's just the way we work. Our experiences become stored memories which shape our view of the world, ie beliefs.

I think I understand what you're saying though, we shouldn't cling to spiritual beliefs dogmatically like religions. Either way though I think if our beliefs are helpful, whatever they are, it's a good thing.

I have a set of spiritual beliefs but I don't know 100% if they're true, what matters to me is if they're useful. It seem kind of a fad these days to deny having beliefs, and also certain kinds of real emotion is seen as negativity, even thinking is seen as bad. All these taboos from a spirituality that claims to not be attached to the mind lol. I don't see a problem with just being who you are and following your dreams in life instead of just wanting spiritual ecstasy of the mind. It gets kind of boring and shallow.
Yep, I agree with all that you said, and yes also, I mean beliefs in so called spiritual matters, not holding onto any beliefs works for me personally, I sort of feel free knowing that I can adventure in any direction and never be tied to any particular area, but saying that, if beliefs works for one, then that's ok also, as long as they don't shove it down my neck lol.
Old 21-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Our whole personality is a product of belief. Beliefs have shaped our brains physically .If we are trapped in negative states this forms certain neuro-pathways that reinforces every time we experience it. This can then produces identity.

If we want to change we have to mentally change then wait for the brain to rewire it self and produce more positive neuro pathways of thinking.

EXCELLENT reminder ...... pretty much justifies-summarizes the entire thread

Yet unreinforced beliefs have less power than those which have some sort of proof. Even tentative proof, or intuitive reality.

Just watched a film on Marie Curie (1943)
She believed Radium existed, based on experiments that implied this.

And spent 4 yrs isolating an element no one could prove actually existed.
Old 22-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Our whole personality is a product of belief. Beliefs have shaped our brains physically .If we are trapped in negative states this forms certain neuro-pathways that reinforces every time we experience it. This can then produces identity.

If we want to change we have to mentally change then wait for the brain to rewire it self and produce more positive neuro pathways of thinking.
That's the trick for me too, it takes time and consistency. Also it's helpful to me to not see the mind as an obstruction but as a very important part of me. I'm not trying to reprogram my mind so much as treat it with gentle care and allow it to grow into positive changes like a child would grow.

I feel it's counter productive to demonize the mind or 'ego', I don't want to get rid of my thoughts and emotions, I want to have better thoughts and positive emotions. I want to love my mind and my ego.
Old 22-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yep, I agree with all that you said, and yes also, I mean beliefs in so called spiritual matters, not holding onto any beliefs works for me personally,
I understand, I think it's a good idea to try to be as flexible as possible. That works for me too. At the same time I should try to be flexible about that idea as well, maybe having 100% spiritual Truth(tm) 'facts not beliefs' works for some people. I'm a bit biased because I've seen the effects of it, but maybe it can have positive effects too, I don't know. All I've seen is the shoving it down your throat like you have.
Old 22-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Master

Indeed, what I believe is for the now, and tomorrow I may believe different or more. But yes, my beliefs are my beliefs for the now.

And I do believe - that I am not necessarily right. That's quite an important belief to hold. In my opinion. I may develop that one as well !