Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 12-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Master
So what about strawberry quartz?

Anyone knowledgeable on strawberry quartz? Mind you, I'm NOT talking about cherry quartz which is not natural whereas strawberry quartz is.

The reason I ask is that I only know it to be quite pink, like the photo below.
But at the shop I go to they only have tumbles and these are very pale. More like white/transparent with a wee bit of pink.
I asked one of the owners about it, if he had larger and nice pink pieces and he looked confused. He said he only knew strawberry quartz to be like the tumbles he had. He said there are dyed pieces out there, but was quite certain I would not fall for that.

So now I am unclear on the strawberry quartz situation. On Etsy you also see gorgeous pink pieces, including points. I have had a crystal skull like that too, carved by Wilson, one of the Brazilian master carvers who only work with high quality crystal.
I know someone else who sells high quality crystals, he had these beautiful strawberry quartz pieces the other day as well (pyramids).
I recently bought a gorgeous point that is quite darker pink. And no, it is not dyed.

But I'm wondering, are there maybe two types of strawberry quartz? The owners of that shop are very knowledgeable, I was actually surprised he'd not seen the variety I was asking about.

What do you think?

Old 12-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Knower
Strawberry quartz is discussed in this (old) thread. Don’t know if it will be of any help but perhaps you’ll find some answers in it.

https://www.mindat.org/mesg-25367.html
Old 12-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Knower
I don't know the answer to your question, but that is one of the prettiest crystals I've seen. Wow!
Old 12-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary
I don't know the answer to your question, but that is one of the prettiest crystals I've seen. Wow!
Isn't it! I got one, and I'm still crazy about it! And now I'm also sorry I let go of the strawberry quartz crystal skull I had.