Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 03-08-2020, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Something else...

I have a feather in my hat, I keep it there to remind me of the wind.

The wind blows off my hat far away... and I laughed!

Who needs a hat with a feather...

I love this place too....
Old 03-08-2020, 06:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I do not mind, in fact I was counting on you to post a song and you came through just as I expected haha! We can talk music for the rest of eternity now HAHAHA or until one of us fades out stage left.

Here is a snippet of some lyrics for "sayonara" by the Pogues:

"OK, it's time for Sayonara
So long yankee break my heart
Now there's nothing left but sorrow
Even the best friends they must part"

The singer sounds a little bit whisky tipsy - the song is great fun though. I am playing it again. Life is awash with hello's and goodbye's... I am starting to wonder if I say goodbye a little too easily though lol - the art of Non attachment may have worked a little too well for me LOL.
I may need to bring it back in a little bit!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this song stuck in my head last night: Sickly sentimental song written by a Scottish expat singing about his homeland. It was the chorus that got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REEE1V31AJ8

The lyrics are not online so I tried to capture the lyrics and write them down through his Scottish accent .

The End of an Auld Song By Eric Bogle

You're still the first verse of my song,
The melody which shapes a rhyme,
You're the beat which drives me on,
The light which colours every line.

You're still the echo in my soul,
A bright green fading into dark,
You're an ache I can't control,
You're still an arrow in my heart.

Chorus
From there to here, this roads been long
But now I am back where I belong,
At the end of an auld, auld song.

You're still the hawks cry on the wind,
In a high and lonely place,
You're the snow drops in the spring,
A drunkards red and angry face.

You're still the hand that's free to give,
A stiff neck that will not bend,
A fierce pride that can't forgive,
A door I opened, my dear friend.

CHORUS

The rest of the lyrics I have trouble understanding but I know that there are words like "Bonnie", and place names Brigadoon and Castlemaine in there.

Oh and "Pints so heavy at the pub" of course

Just giving it another listen, so so fantastic. Master Lilter, and still haven't heard any better than Bhagavan Bogle, there are none. Who can sing about the world like that and get away with ? " Pints so heavy at the pub ", im there straight away, " a drunkard's red and angry face" " A grey and ugly housing scheme, yes ive seen it and been there " Castlemilk and Brigadoon, badly thought out utilitarian housing estates, ( i lived on one) that stole your life and soul you weren't careful ! ..Effing fantastic !!!!! Here is another one from Shane mcGowan i had lined up after Sayonara. But alas i will have to rethink the playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66quTi26YLY

When it's summer in Siam
Then all I really know is that I truly am
In the summer in Siam
In the summer in Siam
In the summer in Siam

hmmmm, has the arrow left the bow...thinking it might have for Joe. (sounds like an opening line lol)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 03-08-2020, 07:20 AM
Master
Hey Joe, Music is my armour....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wgaFJ0750

The heart, a very refined instrument.

Between the notes we grow... you know.

She has awesome hair, growing mine, but wow.

"It was swift, it was just another wave of the miracle."

I see us as souls having a life, perhaps we are just that.

Last edited by Nowayout : 03-08-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Just giving it another listen, so so fantastic. Master Lilter, and still haven't heard any better than Bhagavan Bogle, there are none. Who can sing about the world like that and get away with ? " Pints so heavy at the pub ", im there straight away, " a drunkard's red and angry face" " A grey and ugly housing scheme, yes ive seen it and been there " Castlemilk and Brigadoon, badly thought out utilitarian housing estates, ( i lived on one) that stole your life and soul you weren't careful ! ..Effing fantastic !!!!! Here is another one from Shane mcGowan i had lined up after Sayonara. But alas i will have to rethink the playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66quTi26YLY

When it's summer in Siam
Then all I really know is that I truly am
In the summer in Siam
In the summer in Siam
In the summer in Siam

hmmmm, has the arrow left the bow...thinking it might have for Joe. (sounds like an opening line lol)

Seems like there might be some poetry brewing in your conciousness there Joe... You will have to come up with some lines to accompany your new song list to appease the Poetry deities ! No pressure haha.

Has the poets arrow left the bow?
Only the archer knows.

I went on to write some lines about a hunter and a deer but feared that it might be a bit too grusome for here.

Whoops, I accidently left some rhymes behind!
---------------------------------------------------

I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the instrumental section of this song. I caught what I believe were the sounds the sound of a piano, saxaphone, harp and also a steady cymbal beat. I have to have another listen because I may have missed an instrument or two.
Weirdly, it ushered me to then listen to the violin instrumental in the song "Bittersweet Symphony", The Verve.

Then these lyrics: "The moon is full of rainbows" ! You have now officially confirmed a vision that I saw in broad daylight a few months ago! It was like a waking hallucination but it was real. I shall attempt to share my vision somehow, after my caffeine fix!
Old 03-08-2020, 11:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
I have a feather in my hat, I keep it there to remind me of the wind.

The wind blows off my hat far away... and I laughed!

Who needs a hat with a feather...

I love this place too....

What a convenient little segway to share some fun facts about the feather in the photo muhahaha. Well not right now but later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody needs a Kookabarra feather in their hat -
So long as the Kookuburra grants you such a
Precious thing like that!

(I am workshopping the rest of that poem, my insomniac brain is all mush today jdhfjfdjdmdnfjf).....

I am leaving behind a trail of unfinished stories today... The Forum migh be holding a space for all the unfinished stories laying in wait around here Lol.

My brain says goodnight just for now.
Hope you find your feathered hat. I had a hat with a brim full of wine corks once, for theatrics. Nobody actually wears them here.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:18 AM
Master
Float like a feather, sting like a bee..

The hive is alive and buzzing with activity.

The Queen bee has gone into hibernation

What do we do now?
Old 04-08-2020, 08:34 AM
Master

A little Gem I fooound !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCYdx6gEps

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 04-08-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:06 AM
Master
Very nice, and Donovan, an Icon from my past!

My true calling was to be....a prophet of some sort,...?

Dylan Knew the path I wanted to keep!

Dylan Back from the dead....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QPBpFAKTGo
Old 05-08-2020, 08:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Hey Joe, Music is my armour....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wgaFJ0750

The heart, a very refined instrument.

Between the notes we grow... you know.

She has awesome hair, growing mine, but wow.

"It was swift, it was just another wave of the miracle."

I see us as souls having a life, perhaps we are just that.

Nawww man.... I know you were talking to Joe but ya got me instead muhahahaha
That is a beautiful song and today is the worst day to listen to it given all the recent events in my life and the world turning my stupid heart into mush for no good reason...Darn it all.
Grumble, grumble.

Stupid cello, I cannot handle the cello, it has to be one of the most beautiful instruments in the entire world in my humble opinion.

Hey, My Grandparents were both musicians, piano, violin and voice were their instruments of choice. My Grandfather worked in a music shop. They used to sing duets together at gatherings. I never knew either of them well because they died when I was very young. My grandfather had a very large collection of records which were left to my mother who often used to play them on the record player.

A few months ago I discovered a couple of old sheets of music, songs which my grandmother had composed. I had no idea up until then that she wrote her own music ! It was like finding treasure.

P.s.
You could buy a long, blonde wig, it is quicker then growing your own hair.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:06 AM
Master

Haha Joe...

I love that song. I have not heard that version before though. It is really lovely.
I used to sing the chorus every time I went into one of the mining hubs of a city and saw the huge conveyor belts loading giant piles of coal all over the ground and into coal ships from all around the globe.
Then I moved to an older mining city from a time before they used to regenerate the land and where people dump their rubbish in the river... fit aptly there too...