Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I hope you enjoyed your walk. Taking a Break, you've gone all orange

Ps, there's nothing wrong with having a good cry. Let it all out.

He's been tangoed
Old 08-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Suspended
JB, I didn't cry, just moist eyes and a big smile at myself for being too sensitive/emotional. Did Jesus cry? I remember his last words "Abba, Abba lama sabachthani."
Old 08-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
JB, I didn't cry, just moist eyes and a big smile at myself for being too sensitive/emotional. Did Jesus cry? I remember his last words "Abba, Abba lama sabachthani."

It's good to cry, it washes the back of your eyeballs and cleans the parts you can't reach
Old 08-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
He's been tangoed

Old 08-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:

Feeling our feelings is a blessing. I'm sure Jesus cried. I did't know what that quote was but just looked it up: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me. Is that right?
Old 08-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Master
The nature and the abode of the Almighty is eternity, and the timeless. When one asks, "has the Almighty changed?", you are referring to time.
Thinking in context of time.
Eternity and the timeless is the actual reality, and truth.
The world ensconced in "space/time", is a consequence of a, "fall".

He Himself states, "For I am the Lord, I change not."
Malachi 3:6

What one should do is read about what the Lord went about doing, after His perfect law was given, with respect to the practices of sacrificial atonement.
For His peoples sake.
Which reveals that the Lord is merciful towards those that look to Him.
Leviticus 17:11

"God is love."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The nature and the abode of the Almighty is eternity, and the timeless. When one asks, "has the Almighty changed?", you are referring to time.
Thinking in context of time.
Eternity and the timeless is the actual reality, and truth.
The world ensconced in "space/time", is a consequence of a, "fall".

He Himself states, "For I am the Lord, I change not."
Malachi 3:6

What one should do is read about what the Lord went about doing, after His perfect law was given, with respect to the practices of sacrificial atonement.
For His peoples sake.
Which reveals that the Lord is merciful towards those that look to Him.
Leviticus 17:11

"God is love."

' His perfect law was given '

What was this perfect law? I cannot remember being taught this.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:

I think it was ' Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani '. Abba is Father and this is the only time Jesus never called God his Father... Why I don't know, it's puzzling when you think about it, so best not to think....
Old 08-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
[color=Black]I was told to read 1 Samuel 15...I did...and I would like a discussion to open here on my question...Can God change? Was he really a murderous God at one time....then turned into a loving pussy cat later?

no, “GOD”, the God of Israel, Jehovah , (Exo. 6:3). has always been a loving God ,(1 John 4:8). he hasn't changed, he's the same “GOD”, Jesus speaks of as HIS!.. “GOD and FATHER”, (John 20:17). he's the same “GOD” Jesus HELPED with concerning ALL things was created ,(Pro. 8:22-30 “Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him”). we must get to KNOW this “ONLY TRUE GOD”, just as Jesus said ,(John 17:3). in order to understand his ways.

The Israelites at the time, was Jehovah's chosen people. There were the ones who would make up the 144,000 ,(Rev. 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads). NO one could go against his people, unless he allowed them to. In the case of 1 Sam.15 , the Amalekites were nomadic marauders ,who at the time when Moses was leading the Israelites out of Egypt, were living in the desert.

They for the most part survives by stealing from their surrounding neighbors. They became enemies of ancient Israel, (Jehovah God's people). They attacked Israel for no reason, (Exo. 17:8-13). also like today, they didn't believe in the Power of this God. So they constantly picked at the Israelites, Jehovah wasn't having it!, They had to go! ANY who attacked his people, throughout the bible. You will see that Jehovah had his people's back! Unfortunately ,those wicked people cause their young to also be destroyed. Just like in the days of Noah!

MANY again, don't understand his ways, because they haven't got to know him. Do he want to destroy anyone, NO! That's why he ask us to change from our wicked ways ,(Ezek. 18:23 Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord God, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?). If he wasn't a loving God in the days of old. He wouldn't have been protecting his people.

But if we chose to live an debauched lifestyle. And NOT follow the example Jesus set for us ,(Matt. 10:38. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me). And (1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). Then we bring the woes or even death on ourselves. peace
Old 09-06-2019, 01:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
I am led to believe by spirit that your analogy of the old wine skin is incorrect.

The entirety of OT & NT, are ACTUALLY about gods desire for us to have a desire, for God to allow his love & VERY ESSENCE to flow into us, so that our Soul'self can be transformed into the very essence of God & to not just be in his image any more...

....It is all about us being in a state of being, which has us Soul'fully open/receptive, so that God can transform us into the very essence of him self.

& so like everything allegorical within scripture, the old wine skins represents the "unclean Soul'self/chalice/US", which need to be made anew....
-------------------
..."ANEW"
/əˈnjuː/
Learn to pronounce
adverbLITERARY
in a new or different and typically more positive way.
--------------------

God wants to pour his very essence..(fresh wine)..into us the Soul'self, but we need to be clean of thought/mind/Soul'self, before his very essence can fully take hold within us.

It takes a repenting Soul'self who wants to be washed clean, we can not be like the "old wine skin" because fresh wine will be spoilt within us...GOD CAN NOT POUR HIS LOVE & VERY ESSENCE INTO AN UNCLEAN PERSON.
---------------------------
Mathew 9....

16..No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. For the patch will pull away from the garment, and a worse tear will result.

17...Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will spill, and the wineskins will be ruined. Instead, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”
---------------------------
Regards Neil.

maybe not the best analogy but i think the end result is the same in that if essence fills a person their concepts will be changed too.