Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM
VelocityKendo

Hello..

As precised in the rules.. I am to cover some points. First, my age.. ..I am seventeen years old. I am a male. I have so many hobbies, so many passions: computer programming, studying, reading, listening to music, making music (I play the didgeridoo, the organ, the flute, the guitar), writing, meditating. I love sciences, every science. I am keen on languages.. (I speak eleven languages). As for my family, I do not wish to talk about it.

My current spiritual situation is, I have to admit, kind of odd, strange, weird. Many things do not let me empty-handed, notably buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Catholism .. I sort of have my own religion, if I might say so.

If I came here, it is for many reasons.. First, in order to learn more about spirituality. Second, in order to improve my English because I am to sit an English exam in March called the Cambridge Certificate of Profiency in English. That is it.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
tiltjlp

Welcome aboard VelocityKendo, you sound like an interesting young man. I'd like to learn more about the didgeridoo, which I've heard of but don't know anything about. As for religion or beliefs, I think ideally we all have to decide what works for us. Good luck with your English. My version is Americanized English.

John
Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
cweiters

Welcome

Hello Velocity welcome the Spiritual Forums. I am cweiters just call me cw, many blessing to you with you English exam I have a good feeling you will do well. I love it when you said; you love to learn. May you find much truth as we travel the spiritual path of life together.

Love to all
cw
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
VelocityKendo

Thank you tiltjlp and cweiters for your very warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
I'd like to learn more about the didgeridoo,
I do not know what you already know but I might as well try to enlighten you as to that unique wind instrument. It is of the Australian Aborigines of northern Australia. It is sometimes described as a natural wooden trumpet or "drone pipe". Musicologists classify it as an aerophone. Its deep and psychedelic sound makes it a perfect instrument for meditation and relaxation purposes, well, it is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
many blessing to you with you English exam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiljlp
Good luck with your English

Thank you very much, you two.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
tiltjlp

Thanks for clearing up my lack of knowledge about the didgeridoo. I had incorrectly thought it was more or less and overgrown clarinet, which I played rather poorly as a high school freshman over 45 years ago. I do seem to remember seeing a program once with music from a didgeridoo, and it was very mystical and haunting in nature, if I recall.

John
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 AM
~Jay~

A warm welcome to the site from me too!

VelocityKendo....sounds a bit like Felicity Kendall to me, LOL! Sorry, showing my age there, you might not even have heard of her, hehe!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:03 PM
VelocityKendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
A warm welcome to the site from me too!

VelocityKendo....sounds a bit like Felicity Kendall to me, LOL! Sorry, showing my age there, you might not even have heard of her, hehe!

Thanks for your warm welcome. And no I have never heard of "Felicity Kendall".
Closed Thread