Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-08-2020, 11:34 PM
janielee

James/bartholomew, love this topic!

Peace on earth - Souls mature coming through. Can such a thing happen?

Re: past life memories; how to distinguish from imagination?
Old 15-08-2020, 11:51 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
James/bartholomew, love this topic!

Peace on earth - Souls mature coming through. Can such a thing happen?

Re: past life memories; how to distinguish from imagination?

This is where selflessness comes into play. The personality tends to distort. This is why masters sit quietly while the world spins wildly around them.

Brother there is one more thing I could say but will only in a PM if you ask.
Old 16-08-2020, 12:34 AM
janielee

Yes please, James!
Old 16-08-2020, 12:35 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
This is where selflessness comes into play. The personality tends to distort. This is why masters sit quietly while the world spins wildly around them.

Agreed ......
Old 16-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
to me it is like putting on clothes... one day you might be in a red dress, another day blue jeans and a white t-shirt... you look different and maybe the specific clothes you are wearing inspire you to act differently, but it is still 'you' under the clothes.

you could make a similar analogy to cars... the specific car a guy drives might make him feel more or less confident... and might attract different people different ways and thus different experiences...

This sounds more like one personality in different scenarios. Say for instance in one setting an abusive home environment, and in another a loving, supportive environment. This doesn't to me, sound like different personalities connected to the soul and used for learning by the soul.

Maybe it's just me. I can't get past this blockage in my head.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 16-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
From the esoteric tradition:

A personality consists of the physical, emotional and mental bodies created in each incarnation, all bound up as a particular identity.

On the higher mental planes there is a causal body which is the vehicle of the Soul.

Within this causal body there are the permanent atoms for the physical, emotional and mental bodies, which are like the blueprints from which these bodies are created. These permanent atoms are modified by the experiences of each incarnation.

At physical death the physical body dies and returns to the elements whence it came. The emotional and mental bodies remain on the astral plane. Later the the individual progresses to the mental plane, discarding the emotional body, and the astral substance returns to the astral elements whence it came. Later the lower mental body is discarded, and that too dissolves back into mental substance. The individual then rests in the causal body.

So the personality has now ceased to exist. Its various physical, emotional and mental elements have returned to their respective planes. But the experiences undergone and lessons learned are imprinted on the permanent atoms within the causal body. This will affect the bodies created for the next incarnation.

So personality has no conscious memories of previous existences because that personality has had no previous existences. But the information is still present and may be accessed.

What is this me that is remembering? Surely it is consiousness which remembers rather than the personality of Deb? And the consciousness expressing through Deb in this lifetime is the same consciousness which was present in the past life.

Peace

So you are saying that at each stage of ascension, I, this personality, me, discards a bit more of the individualness of me (the dross), until there is only the pure astral part of me left. It's difficult for me to imagine what just the astral part of me is. Is it still me?

At that point, I think you are saying, I merge with my soul. Or should I say Soul.

Is this the merging with Creator? Or at the last of physical incarnations generated by my soul are over and steps to ascensions of the personalities has been completed, then does the soul become one with the Creator? The Oversoul, if you will?

It's all so difficult to me to picture. I am afraid of losing "me."

Last edited by linen53 : 16-08-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old 16-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

What is this me that is remembering? Surely it is consiousness which remembers rather than the personality of Deb? And the consciousness expressing through Deb in this lifetime is the same consciousness which was present in the past life.

Peace

I'm sure in normal situations what you say makes more sense, but as James has pointed out there was no time for Deb to dissipate from the life just past.

Now hang on here with me because this has been a major stumbling point in my understanding of all you have talked about. And it's deep. I don't do deep very well.

I appreciate your time, really I do.

I was just out watering my garden, and thought of my soul. Or Soul. So it's like a mini creator, spitting out personalities left and right, thousands of them. And they then ascend, ascend, ascend until they are ?pure energy? and then merge with the Soul or the soul. In layman's terms, is that right?
Old 16-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
The memories of personalities persist. When we ascend to the soul plane we find that we are now a composite of all the lives that came before. This may seem difficult for us now but remember that the soul is more conscious than we are right now.

You mention suicide in the past life. Suicides make quicker turn arounds. You mention the place of rest and reconciliation. A quiet place where we can get sorted out. Our guides play an important role in this. This "place" exists in the mid range of the astral plane. The plan for return was made. Suggestions were made to you. They were refused. OK. No one ever forces a soul. Each of us decides for ourselves.

At this point the personality from the life just past had not yet dissipated. This is because the essence of the life (you) was still present and functional. This makes a big difference.

When a soul reincarnates it takes on a new personality as a matter of course.

When this reincarnation takes place before the complete return to the soul plane the personality just past still exists and is attached to the new body. Often the same setting is used too. In this case during gestation the new brain is very closely attuned to the past personality and often is able to recount it even to the point of saying "it was really me". In truth it is both. Because there are also physical, genetic components to a personality the new babe can be very similar to the previous life but in a new body.

The previous personality did not dissipate as it might have had the process of ascension continued. In a sense it was reused.

There are many tribal traditions of men and women being incarnations of their ancestors. A new male baby might be thought of as being the same personality as an uncle or grandfather for instance. When we are younger we tend to make quick turn arounds without ever ascending to the soul level. Later this changes. See the similarity here?

In your case you say "it was really me", but in a new body. This is because during the short period between lives only partial ascension occurred.

When we read about kids remembering past lives it is often much the same. A life cut short. Incomplete ascension for one reason or another. Quick return with memories, or many of them, intact.

There are also connections in this to those kids who are born with unusual abilities such as a three year old being able to play the piano for instance.

We have religions to help us cope with the uncertainties of life. They serve us quite well really.... They make simple very complex questions. What is less painful to consider? We die and go to heaven if we're good. Or.... We die but then all this complex stuff happens or can happen except we have free will and what about if we die in an accident do we get to try again... etc etc..... Imagine if we were born each time with full memories of who we are or were. The consequences of such a prospect would be overwhelming to the average soul.

Those who find themselves on this forum are capable of a higher level of understanding about such things.

In my lifetime just past I was a casualty of world war 2. It was during the German invasion of Poland. I was Jewish. Like you I made a quick turnaround. I was born this time in June of '42. And I had prebirth memories. I can relate!!!!

Here is a last bit of information. As souls age they move closer to their projected personalities on Earth. After a time the personality becomes aware in everyday consciousness of the soul life. At this point the personality is capable, in waking awareness, of recalling past lives. Other things happen too.... other functional abilities may become apparent. All this is quite normal. To these types attempting to disguise truth in cloaks of fantasy or by using metaphors is often a disservice. Is it OK for me to say this?

Thank you James! This makes sense in this lifetime. It was me that died (suicide) it was me that was in my place of isolation to think and it is me now. I have memories of past lives and though I recognize them with my soul's imprint/dna/whatever, they are not "me". They are the foundation of who I am.

So if I never had a chance to go to the next stage/phase because I was stuck with a do-over, so to speak, then that is why I am back. Different body, but it's still me. Maybe I merged the personality of this body, Maybe I was the personality of this body, I don't know.

Whew! Between you and iamthat, I have had a major breakthrough. Something I never thought I'd be able to absorb. Thank you and Thank you
Old 16-08-2020, 05:52 PM
Master
Form what I've read on NDEs it seems people continue being a person, but just with improved senses. You meet loved ones so if you were no longer the 'you' than this could not happen and you would not recognize them. As you do recognize them something of 'you' seems to remain. I don't know whether to believe such accounts or not.

Last edited by Altair : 16-08-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 16-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
to me it is like putting on clothes... one day you might be in a red dress, another day blue jeans and a white t-shirt... you look different and maybe the specific clothes you are wearing inspire you to act differently, but it is still 'you' under the clothes.

you could make a similar analogy to cars... the specific car a guy drives might make him feel more or less confident... and might attract different people different ways and thus different experiences...

I just got what you were trying to say. I was thinking the personality is putting on different outfits or driving cars. You were talking about the soul. I got it now. Thank you.