Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-04-2015, 07:38 PM
KaidaMidnight

Thanks for that link Pleroo, I've just checked it out and added it to my home screen, and thanks Cherry for the heads up on the site you mentioned, another great resource!

Hey Zemotion, Biddy Tarot is another great learning site!
Old 13-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Pleroo for the link
Just checked this out, another one bookmarked

Jenny Crow gave a heads up on the biddy tarot site earlier in the thread, great site that one!
Old 13-04-2015, 09:02 PM
agalo379

Since both of my decks came with books, I am not familiar with books that would overview tarot in general.

My advice would be to pay attention to the symbolism. Probably start out with the story of the Major Arcana, then what the different suits mean. Then go through and learn what the numbers and courts signify.

This way, when you look at a card, you have a little bit of knowledge about it when you try to interpret it. For example, take the 5 of pentacles. I learned that five is typically referencing a conflict or challenge. Pentacles has to do with material wealth. So right there, with out looking at a book or even looking at a picture, you know a little bit about the card already!

Next, you can look into the meanings of the various symbols and colors. I don't know much about the deck you have, but my main deck is very heavy on astrological symbolism. Therefore, I brushed up on my astrology knowledge.

I'm still learning about tarot myself, and I feel like it helps to learn bit by bit. Once you feel comfortable recognizing and interpreting the symbols, you could try reading the card from intuition. What is it telling you at this particular moment? Forget what the books say. What does it mean to you? I'm just now getting to this part of my tarot study.

Anyways, I hope this helped! Also, there is a website I used for a bit to help me get started called learntarot(dot)com.
Old 13-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agalo379
Since both of my decks came with books, I am not familiar with books that would overview tarot in general.

My advice would be to pay attention to the symbolism. Probably start out with the story of the Major Arcana, then what the different suits mean. Then go through and learn what the numbers and courts signify.

This way, when you look at a card, you have a little bit of knowledge about it when you try to interpret it. For example, take the 5 of pentacles. I learned that five is typically referencing a conflict or challenge. Pentacles has to do with material wealth. So right there, with out looking at a book or even looking at a picture, you know a little bit about the card already!

Next, you can look into the meanings of the various symbols and colors. I don't know much about the deck you have, but my main deck is very heavy on astrological symbolism. Therefore, I brushed up on my astrology knowledge.

I'm still learning about tarot myself, and I feel like it helps to learn bit by bit. Once you feel comfortable recognizing and interpreting the symbols, you could try reading the card from intuition. What is it telling you at this particular moment? Forget what the books say. What does it mean to you? I'm just now getting to this part of my tarot study.

Anyways, I hope this helped! Also, there is a website I used for a bit to help me get started called learntarot(dot)com.

The books so far have been really helpful, so I am slowly going through them, but I agree with what you say about what the card means to you personally. I draw 1 card a day so I can try and get the feel of that particular card. The court cards frustrate the hell out of me, I just can't figure them out, (Queen of Swords I have nailed, I work with a lady just like it lol), but I see this is very common amongst new tarot readers.
Thank you for the link, I see they have a free course on there too as well as info on the cards. Very helpful. Thanks again
Old 14-04-2015, 07:12 AM
55Degrees

Dusty White's Easy Tarot Lessons (dot) com. The man is a genius, and hilarious. He has videos on youtube to start you off and he offers free lessons and podcasts on his website.
He's not everybody's cup of tea but he shoots from the hip about tarot, what it is and isn't and has extensive knowledge. He is very approachable, you can email him any questions you may have and he always responds.
I learned more form him in a month than I did from any other resource.
Old 14-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Dusty White's Easy Tarot Lessons (dot) com. The man is a genius, and hilarious. He has videos on youtube to start you off and he offers free lessons and podcasts on his website.
He's not everybody's cup of tea but he shoots from the hip about tarot, what it is and isn't and has extensive knowledge. He is very approachable, you can email him any questions you may have and he always responds.
I learned more form him in a month than I did from any other resource.
I have watched a couple of his videos on you tube and watched his webinar last wednesday on the court cards. Yes he is brilliant, I love his teaching method, he makes it fun and interesting. I shall have to watch some more.

Everyones being so helpful