Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Why do you look upon Christianity as being so bad?

Is Christianity really that bad in your eyes?

Not at all.
Old 21-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Master
You surely had me fooled.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-10-2019, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
You surely had me fooled.

As long as I'm not fooled....
Old 22-10-2019, 01:24 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' He's hard to understand by MANY, because they had NOT come to Know the "TRUE GOD", '

Yes I agree with you, many do not know the ' True God '. the one who would never condone the ' Violence ' in the OT....

Well said.

The “Hand of God” and the “Heavenly Father” are two completely different understandings.

Exodus 4:1-7

John 8:54-55 KJV

54*Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is MY FATHER that honoureth me; of whom YE SAY THAT HE IS YOUR GOD:
55*Yet YE HAVE NOT KNOWN HIM; but I know him:

JOHN 8:40

40*But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Old 22-10-2019, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
Well said.

The “Hand of God” and the “Heavenly Father” are two completely different understandings.
Exodus 4:1-7
Please show me from the scripture sited what the "Hand of God" is and what is the "Heavenly Father". Neither expression is found in the cited scripture.

The cited scripture is"

Exodus 4:1 Then Moses answered, “But behold, they will not believe me or listen to my voice, for they will say, ‘The Lord did not appear to you.’” 2 The Lord said to him, “What is that in your hand?” He said, “A staff.” 3 And he said, “Throw it on the ground.” So he threw it on the ground, and it became a serpent, and Moses ran from it. 4 But the Lord said to Moses, “Put out your hand and catch it by the tail”—so he put out his hand and caught it, and it became a staff in his hand— 5 “that they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.” 6 Again, the Lord said to him, “Put your hand inside your cloak.”[a] And he put his hand inside his cloak, and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous[b] like snow. 7 Then God said, “Put your hand back inside your cloak.” So he put his hand back inside his cloak, and when he took it out, behold, it was restored like the rest of his flesh.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-10-2019, 04:04 AM
Master
An examination of the Old Testament does have some fantastic laws such as the Jubilee and the Golden
Jubilee. Even today, no government or religion has been able to equal let alone surpass those laws.

Another aspect of the Old Testament is that God's people wrote not only of their great deeds but also of their mistakes.

This took a certain amount of humility.

Old 30-10-2019, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Scientist claim the Neanderthal people became extinct along time ago but you and me still have some of their DNA.

As for the Canaanites, the Bible tells a slight different version "And they utterly destroyed
all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, ox and sheep and donkey,
with the edge of the sword". (Joshua 6:21) I do not think all the Canaanites were in that city.

But the Israelite's did not listen to God as they did not kill all of the Canaanites......

Today, some people believe genocide was committed on the Canaanites and God is/was evil based upon this example.

Canaanites belief in child sacrifice, men having sex with boys and other 'perversions. That is why
Sodom and Gomorrah
were destroyed. Some people say God did good, whereas others say he did bad. Figure it out, I can't.
I suspect why so many people have animosity toward the Old
Testament might be because they never really studied it.

Old 30-10-2019, 11:14 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:

Canaanites belief in child sacrifice, men having sex with boys and other 'perversions. That is why
Sodom and Gomorrah
were destroyed. Some people say God did good, whereas others say he did bad. Figure it out, I can't. [/size][/font][/center]

I always thought Lots wife got a bad rap.

That whole story has a weird flavor to it.

Lot offers his virgin daughters to the men of the city
that were banging on his door to sleep with the 2 angels inside
and then Lots wife gets turn to salt for looking back
when the city is being destroyed and then the 2 virgin daughters sleep
with their Father and have kids to continue the family line.

WOW! what a story.

Jesus also says to remember Lots wife. She never does get a name.

lot's name means (veil or covering).
Old 30-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I always thought Lots wife got a bad rap.

That whole story has a weird flavor to it.

Lot offers his virgin daughters to the men of the city
that were banging on his door to sleep with the 2 angels inside
and then Lots wife gets turn to salt for looking back
when the city is being destroyed and then the 2 virgin daughters sleep
with their Father and have kids to continue the family line.

WOW! what a story.

Jesus also says to remember Lots wife. She never does get a name.

lot's name means (veil or covering).

Edith in some Jewish Communities.

There are definitely some ridiculous verses to be found in the OT, God must have also had a sense of humour
Old 30-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Edith in some Jewish Communities.

There are definitely some ridiculous verses to be found in the OT, God must have also had a sense of humour

or God invented humour?
Closed Thread