Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-09-2022, 06:39 AM
Master

Colours in Dreams

I had a dream very recently wherein a person I know, like and admire
was wearing a really bright Red top or jumper. A Christmassy Red I would
describe it as. The reason I'm writing is because of the colour Red and it's
association with anger and turmoil which I carried alot of in my past. Is Red
often associated as well as anger etc. with positive spiritual beginnings etc. ?
It felt that way.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 19-09-2022, 10:15 AM
Master
Red in dreams can symbolise both sides, so if you look at it as the opposite of anger, it’s probably love. Also I’ve read red in dreams relates to intense feelings.

What came to me initially was about opening to the feminine (red symbolising the feminine, which is receptive/receiving love) as yourself. Because it’s the upper chakras, perhaps it symbolises opening to yourself deeper through the heart so you build deeper connection to you in such a way that what you admire in this person you build that as yourself.
Old 19-09-2022, 02:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Red in dreams can symbolise both sides, so if you look at it as the opposite of anger, it’s probably love. Also I’ve read red in dreams relates to intense feelings.

Thank you, it definitely had a lucid feel about it, the dream. And I feel it was a pointing and an opening and your feedback made me think of a gate so definitely something wanting to express itself I think in the line of work as the guy wearing the red has helped me out a few times with cars and he has a very strong work ethic and is a kind person.

I'm definitely going to see it as the divine feminine too as you say Red is often associated with deep feelings of love.

This song came to my mind, I'm not particularly a huge fan but the song mentions alot about the Colour Red.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQRS40OKNE

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 19-09-2022 at 05:33 PM.
Old 19-09-2022, 09:11 PM
Yaoughta

Red is the color associated with the heart and with love and passion as well, but also the root chakra. You should go by feeling in the dream. If you felt good in the dream and since it is someone you admire, it probably means passion or energy rising.
Old 19-09-2022, 11:36 PM
Master

Red is my lucky colour, although it is one which used to make me feel anxious as the energy of my own passionate nature was often quite unbalanced and ungrounded, I preferred cooler colours for a long time.
I associate it with energy, boldness, bravery, passion and creativity, similar to what JustBe mentioned, the red mother.

I read a book about feng shui when I was a kid and I remember learning how red is a good colour to use in kitchens to stimulate appetite and digestion

In many Asian cultures, red is a symbol of good luck, happiness, joy, good health and good fortune.

I have Chineese heritage and so I have posative associations with red from my Chineese lineage as well. In China red is considered to ward off evil and it is a colour of good luck.

Wearing red has helped me to overcome my own fears of standing out and being boldly myself, energetic, brave, vibrant, asserting my personality, passionate about life, particularly as I felt somehow afraid of these traits.
Old 21-09-2022, 05:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
Red is the color associated with the heart and with love and passion as well, but also the root chakra. You should go by feeling in the dream. If you felt good in the dream and since it is someone you admire,
Yes the mood in the dream is always worth trying to recall. It can tell alot.

Old 21-09-2022, 05:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Wearing red has helped me to overcome my own fears of standing out and being boldly myself, energetic, brave, vibrant, asserting my personality, passionate about life, particularly as I felt somehow afraid of these traits.

Thanks for sharing, lots of positive associations. It's such a strong colour for sure and therefore challenging in some senses. I remember buying a really nice red fleece,
and only wearing it once or twice such was the challenge.

I switched the car radio on the otherday, and the first words i heard were "sometimes male robins tear each others throats out in territorial fights " So please remember everybody
that the Robin Redbreast sitting harmlessly on that tuft of snowy branch on your Christmas card may well have commited Murder !!!!!

Using red in kitchens to aid digestion sounds good. Now when I think about it everytime I walked through China Town in Soho, Red was a colour that was quite predominant on the lanterns and signs etc. etc.